Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

`THURSDAY - MEMBER's BLOG- July 30, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow `THURSDAY - MEMBER's BLOG- July 30, 2009

Above MCF logo by Moderator J.J. Thank You!

MCF ToDay
Thursday, July 30, 2009

Monte Carlo Friends

From all around Planet Earth
`Off Topic
For Every Member to Post
and make new Monte `Friends

What are you doing Today
* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids,
best foods, vacation spot, clean jokes, pictures
of your boat, bike, other cars, truck's etc.

* Make a post & say`Hi
Don't be `Shy
Become part of our
Monte Carlo Family.

Please don't hurt with your words/post
`Thank You!

The MCF is a Stress Free Zone

Winner's own & drive a
Chevrolet Monte Carlo

4-Sure
July 2009
Monte of the Month
Winner
Moderator `J.J.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:18 AM

Hello `Member's,
What's happening in your `Life ?
Hit some keys, & let us know `ok
I just got `off my night shift `job 6 Pm to 2:30AM.
Bums are up @ the Port loading a boat with used cars
going overseas. G/father doing better & we are
going to walk the beach @ sunrise.
I have a busy day ahead of me, but will be checking back
to see what's going on in your life.
Wish you a Good Day/Life
Your Choice
Your Decision
You are in Control ?

`Space
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 07-30-2009 at 04:09 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:52 AM

Check out this `Kid running from POLICE

Play Video Raw Video: Cops chase 7-year-old driverAP

Click Link Above
The kid should be hired by NASCAR...WoW...Check it out & laugh.
He drives better then most senior citizen's & Kid Space here in Florida : )

NYC offers free airfare to homeless to leave city
Sends them to other states so they can
pay & take care of them.
What a Country ?

Wed Jul 29, 12:03 am ET
NEW YORK – New York City is buying one-way plane tickets for homeless families to leave the city.
It's part of a Bloomberg administration program to keep the homeless out of the expensive shelter system, which costs $36,000 a year per family. More than 550 families have left the city since 2007. All it takes is for a relative to agree to take them in.
The city employs a travel agency for domestic travel and the Department of Homeless Services handles international travel.
City officials say there are no limits on where a family can be sent and families can reject the offer.
Families have been sent to 24 states and five continents, mostly to Puerto Rico, Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas.
Information from: The New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com

__________________________________________________ ____

Last edited by Space; 07-30-2009 at 05:33 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:30 AM

Well Today should be a very exciting day for me i get my Charlie Woods back from tunning and well im stoked and cant wait idk if ima be able to sleep when i get outta work....... but i cant wait to her Charlie back i wanna feel that true power of that supercharger and hear it at full throttle for the first time tunned. That would be pretty much my day since i work over night my day will consist of mainly sleep, but at least time will go by fast.....

Old 07-30-2009, 05:36 AM

...Hi Ozzy, Can't wait to read your full/detailed report on your SuperSuperCharged Monte 4-Sure. I can relate to working steady night shifts, but I drink a lot of SpaceCoffee that keeps me awake during the day...I decided I will sleep when I fade away : ) Hope everything works out the way you want it 2 & that your Monte SCREAMS WoW...EnJoY

Old 07-30-2009, 05:50 AM

I am supposed to get my cherry baby back from the shop sometime this century. When, I dunno that will be but at least we're closer to a solution than before. Not getting a used transmission that has absolutely no guarantees that it will work or not, then have to pay all that labor to have it installed only to find out that that transmission too is dead. Apparently GM made junk transmissions for our cars (or the previous owner beat my car to death and literally drove it into the ground).

Instead I am paying now 1200 dollars to get mine rebuilt with a year's guarantee on parts and labor. Only a little more than what I was going to spend originally. With this accident, the checks I got basically broke me even on this car, I didn't profit from it but at least I'll have my sick *** monte carlo and not some ferd butstang....or worse yet a BUICK...

For now I am driving daddy's minivan... that I would literally love to just put a .44 slug right in the motor. That thing couldn't get out of it's own way if it's life depended on it. And it's uncomfortable as all get out.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:04 AM

..Hi Robyn, Hope everything works out 4 U & that they do a good job on your trans : ) Daddy's Van has 2 be better then walk'in 4-Sure, or paying 4 a rent a car...Good things come to those who wait I'm still waiting : ) Wish U & reader's a Happy....

Robyn's 2000 MONTE LS

Old 07-30-2009, 06:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mornin' folks!

That kid in the video was a really good driver. He must have some experience. I can remember my dad teaching me to drive when I was 12 - until I got in a car accident! I didn't think I want to drive again,but I still went out and got my license on my 16th birthday without delay.

Good luck with the car Robyn. I haven't had much luck with transmission rebuilds either. I have never had a transmission rebuild not go bad. I've had 3 with 3 different cars rebuilt by 3 different places. They all sucked at their jobs and one place did not honor their warranty either. I hate transmissions.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

mornin everyone...well SHETY mornig already and its only 8...ive been up for less than an hour.....but yeasterday was hearin a wierd kinda clunking noise while drivin my dd last night....so i hope in

Old 07-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

to go to work starts off good but as i get closer to work this odd clunkin sound gets more frequent and louder..im thinkin its either the wheel bearing is all but dead but more than likely its the cv

Quick Reply: `THURSDAY - MEMBER's BLOG- July 30, 2009