Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

`Space Goes to the Dark Side : )

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default `Space Goes to the Dark Side : )

[align=center]`Space goes to the `Dark Side[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]One of the Rich `kids in my class @ college[/align][align=center]has an 07 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, and he [/align][align=center]let me take it for a drive after class : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It has a 3.8L 263 HP +, with a 6 Speed : )[/align][align=center](w/CAI/Header's/Manaflows/Tuner/short shifter+)[/align][align=center][:-]Like below [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]His best time @ Orlando Drags is[/align][align=center]1/4 miles 13.64 @ 107 MPH[/align][align=center](He showed me his time slips : )[/align][align=center]It's a powerful little coupe, but it sure has a lot of[/align][align=center]torque steer : ( & really lights up the front tires : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]He said he got smoked by a 06 or 07 Monte SS[/align][align=center]modifiedin a street race : )[8D][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I only drove it for a few miles (had 2 go 2 work), but[/align][align=center]he said he would let me drive it again : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Has any member everraced/driven an Eclipse GT ?[/align][align=center]I was surprised when he told me that it weigh 3500 lbs.[/align][align=center]It handled `great (has 18inch factory tires, & lowering kit)[/align][align=center]It's a great pkg, but for the money, I'd still rather have[/align][align=center]a 07 SS Monte : ),[/align][align=center]It sure was an adrenaline rush & funto drive his GT,[/align][align=center](that his parents paid for + his insurance + college,[/align][align=center]credit cards, etc. He's one lucky kid, and he told[/align][align=center]me he is going to get a New Evo next year : ) WoW![/align][align=center][/align][align=center]To me, it was a bonus in my life to get the opportunity[/align][align=center]to drive `it : ). It just gives me more incentive to keep[/align][align=center]working towards my dreams.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I sure miss my LT3, but I'm really look'in forward to[/align][align=center]getting my 86 SS V-8 : ) The courts are sure slow : ([/align][align=center]Post your comments, or a fun car that you have driven.[/align][align=center]Wanta Race ? LOL[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/B439BF5EAF4A45778F134380B3088091.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 11-15-2007, 06:33 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: `Space Goes to the Dark Side : )

a friend has let me drive a 96 Mustang Cobra a couple times... 305 hp V8 with a 5 speed. the first time i didn't really care to drive it, but he kept on like "you got to drive it man, you got to drive it." so i did, he was dropping me off from the drag strip one night, and its a sweet little car to drive. the funny part is, they don't feel that fast hwen you're driving them. my buddy had never been in the passenger seat, he said he had no idea how fast it was, because i t really throws you back in the passeneger seat. i guess when you're in the drivers seat you know wahts coming and prepare for it.funny part was, i never drove it hard until he said "now drive ti like you mean it". he knew what was coming too... the second time i kept trying to tell him his exhuast sounds so much louder and so much better to teh cars behind him. so one day after an early release day from school, we went to mcdonalds. on our way out of town, we swapped rides. I drove his Cobra thru town while he drove my Monte behind me. he admitted he had no idea just how loud it really was.i guess the sound dapening materials behind the seat really work. i only got it to about 4000 rpms because there was TON of traffic in town that afternoon (a water main had broken, hence why we were out of school so early). i guess most businesses decided to shut down before they ran out of water. i went to the hospitol after this(actually where we switched cars) to go to my doctors office behind it and get my flu shot, while i was there the hospitol ran out of water. but i still got my flu shot .

my buddy also bought a "fixer up" a '93 Z28 with a 6 speed (he is a firm believer that automatics are evil). it has no paint, the heater and a/c don't work, and the radio only picks up one channel and the CD player don't work, plus the clutch is smoking. he picked it for like $2000. its basically a burn out car. he calls it his **** becasue he everybody has been in it, and yes, i've been in the "****" too. the cobra has nitto drag radials, so it don't really burn down that much, but that Z28 layed rubber in 3 gears with its Good Year's..

fffaasssttt cars man.....

Old 11-15-2007, 06:44 AM

Duane, thanks for sharing your story. Can the Z28 beat the Cobra ?
[align=center]Drag Times [:-]Below Link[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.dragtimes.com/Mitsubishi-...lip-12953.html[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]WOW[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish the viewer/member a `Happy Day,[/align][align=center]EnJoy your Moments,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 11-15-2007, 07:09 AM

[align=center]With the Price of Fuel, is the below what Space will have[/align][align=center]to be driving [X(]Instead of his SS V8 [X(][/align][align=center][:-][/align]

[align=center][/align][align=center]General Motors today announced the next-generation Chevrolet city car for Europe will be based on the popular Beat concept, after 1.9 million online voters elected it their favorite of a trio of minicar styling studies shown at the 2007 New York Auto Show. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Speaking at the Los Angeles Auto Show, where the production announcement was made, Chevrolet General Manager, Ed Peper, said: “The people have spoken. The vote count tripled all previous GM online consumer surveys, telling us Beat resonated with customers all around the world. Chevrolet was overwhelmed by the positive reaction to each of the three mini concept cars, but Beat was a sound winner.†GM vice chairman, Bob Lutz, also revealed that the Beat was the automaker's front runner since the introduction of the trio. [/align][align=center]Recent rumors indicate GM is mulling a plan to import the car to the United States. According to a BusinessWeek report this summer, GM Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner wouldn’t give a firm answer as to whether the vehicle would make it to the U.S. market, but he hinted that he’s keen on selling one here. [/align][align=center]“I just looked at them the other day,†Wagoner said, “and not just because I wanted to look at them.†[/align][align=center]The new city car will debut for the 2010 model year. GM says it will incorporate the Beat Concept's "core values." [/align][align=center]GM officials also indicated that they had not ruled out a production version of the Chevrolet Groove — placing a close second to the Chevy Beat in online voting. If given the green light, look for the Groove to follow a year or two after the Beat's initial U.S. introduction.

Chevrolet Beat
[/align]
[center][URL=http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plugins/iimage-gallery.p

Old 11-15-2007, 07:12 AM

A friend of mine had a 1978 Dodge Little Red Express truck many years ago.They were quick from the factory,and were named the "fastest production vehicle in the U.S." in 1978.He had it slightly modified as well with an Edelbrock highrise intake,Holley double pumper,headers,glass-packs and a MSD ignition.

He was quite a drinker,so many nights if we were out he let me drive the truck home.It would smoke the L60tires with any slight jab of the gas pedal,and literally roared with those exhaust stacks.Burying the speedometer was easy,only taking a few seconds.I can honestly say you got more looks in that truck than any other vehicle I have ever driven.
On a sadder note,that friend is no longer with us.He took his own life about 15 years ago.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1967/7CCAA09BFAB2479D8FBA46ECA63DD6E2.gif[/IMG]

Old 11-15-2007, 07:28 AM

[align=center]Hi David, thanks for posting, & sharing your story.[/align][align=center]I seen one @ a auto show, & it was a wild pickup,[/align][align=center]and I loved the Exhaust Stacks : )[/align][align=center]I would have loved to hear it fire `up.[/align][align=center](Sorry your friend couldn't deal with Life) [X(][X(][/align][align=center]Found the below on the Web[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align]
1978-1979 Dodge Li'l Red Truck
[align=center][/align]
by the Auto Editors of Consumer Guide
[align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align]
The 1978-1979 Dodge Li'l Red Truck was a sassy little performance number made possible by a regulatory loophole.

When Dodge discovered that Environmental Protection Agency regulations allowed light trucks of over 6,100 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight to run with no smog gear at all, it set about creating what some consider the original muscle pickup.

Classic Truck Image Gallery
[align=center][/align][center]

Offered for 1978 and 1979, the Dodge Li'l Red Truck had a strong-for-the-day V-8, garish trim, and big-rig-worthy chrome exhaust stacks.
See more
classic truck pictures.

Despite its humble origin -- a very basic Dodge D150 pickup with a narrow box and shorty 115-inch wheelbase -- the Dodge Li'l Red Truck was an impressive package. For about $5,000, a customer got the high-line Adventurer cab in red or black, with bench or bucket seats.

From there, the buyer could personalize with extra gauges, including a tachometer, various sound systems, including eight-track tape or CB, and a "Tuff" steering wheel right out of the old Dodge Challenger R/T muscle car.

The 1978-1979 Dodge Li'l Red Truck came only in Canyon Red set off by bold gold decals on doors and tailgate, plus genuine varnished oak planking on box sides, tailgate, and bed floor.

But the real killer was that pair of tall, 2.5-inch-thick chrome exhaust pipes poking up through the step plates behind the cab. Wrapped in perforated metal heat shields, they looked like they'd been swiped from a Kenworth 18-wheeler.

Those stacks led straight to a 360-cubic-inch V-8, tuned as if smog regs didn't exist. Essentially, it was the E58 police unit (E for "Express," hence the name on the doors), sans "Lean Burn" and emissions hardware but fortified with a free-breathing Holley four-barrel carburetor, twin-snorkel fresh-air induction, beefed-up internals, and heavy-duty electrical.
End result: 225 horsepower and a thumping 295 lbs/ft of torque at 3200 rpm. Completing the performance picture were a three-speed Leaflet automatic transmission, 3.55:1 differential, stiff springs and shocks, and LR60-15 white-letter radials on eight-inch wheels.
Most examples of the 1978-1979 Dodge Li'l Red Truck carry the optional slotted chrome rims, power steering, and power brakes.
[b]Performance was quite good for a time when smog equipment had a strangl

Old 11-15-2007, 09:30 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I still think the Mini Cooper S is the funnest car to drive. It's like driving a go kart. I can't wait to get mine modded so i have alittle more power - cai and maybe a pully.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Space, I introduced one of my girlfriends to a guy she eventually married.

Before she got married, she agreed to let me drive his prize car because he never let anyone touch it.

It was the most fun I've ever had in a car.

Can anyone guess what kind of car this is? (obivously a Porsche what???)

Old 11-15-2007, 12:09 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

GPD,

If I didn't see the name plate on the body I'd swear I was looking at a VW engine.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: rj

GPD,

If I didn't see the name plate on the body I'd swear I was looking at a VW engine.

Yes, Porsche and VW engineers back in the 40-60's where one in the same.

Quick Reply: `Space Goes to the Dark Side : )