Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

`Shock'in New Sports Car ~> WoW

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up `Shock'in New Sports Car ~> WoW

Nissan's shocking new sports car

Member's do you like it ? Yes ? No ?
Post & let everyone know `OK
*Note, with the price of `gas climbing, I think more
people will explore their automotive/transportation choices....Personally, I like the below ride, but I still desire a Monster V-8 4-Sure : ) Look 4ward to reading what you post about this new sports car...thanks

New electric concept from Nissan promises eco-friendly performance.

By Marco R. della Cava for Yahoo! Autos

The first modern electric car to really catch the attention of enthusiasts was Tesla's Roadster. Back in 2006, PayPal founder turned space-frontier fanatic Elon Musk took the catchy name of fabled electron dabbler Nikola Tesla (no, his machine isn't named after the heavy metal band), gave it a tweaked Lotus Elise body and powered it with laptop batteries on steroids. The result was a lightning strike of a hit, generating breathless reporting about the two-seat roadster's staggering torque and long waiting lists topped by celebrities such as George Clooney and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Fast forward five years. It now looks like the folks at Nissan want to capture some of that glitzy mojo for themselves.

With a zero-to-60 mph time of around 4 seconds, Nissan's Esflow concept explores the fun side of going green.

The Esflow boasts a range of 150 miles.

In March, the Japanese automaker plans to unveil its own battery-powered rocket for two at the Geneva Auto Show. News of the so-called Nissan Esflow has already shot around the web, with many of the images and (limited) details provided by the company itself in a clear effort to build awareness of its efforts in the electric car field. The timing couldn't be better. Nissan's four-door electric Leaf starts hitting driveways this spring, and the Esflow is nothing if not a gleaming concept car meant to cast a cool halo over the company's entire range of vehicles. That said, word is Nissan may well consider building the Esflow and is using Geneva as a public-reaction barometer. If that's true, there's a lot to like judging from the images that have been released.

For starters, the Esflow concept, which is anchored to the electric underpinnings of the Leaf, bears a striking resemblance to its gas-powered 370Z stablemate, with perhaps a touch of the old BMW M Couple in its hatchback-like rear haunches and sloped roofline. Up front, a long and wide hood give way to a sharply raked windscreen. Front and rear bumper overhangs are minimal, with the large wheels pushed to the extremities of the car. Although Nissan has not as yet released interior photos, one exterior shot reveals racing style seating more typically found on a Ferrari F430 Challenge Stradale, indicating the sporting intent of this electric steed.

From the rear, it resembles a BMW M Coupe.

As for just what the Esflow is capable of, Nissan reports that the lithium-ion batteries powering twin rear motors combine for a zero to 60 mph time somewhere around 4 seconds, impressive considering the Tesla astounded with its 3.9 second blast to 60. The Esflow's range is around 150 miles to the charge. That's roughly a third more than what the Leaf is expected to provide, though a bit less than the range of a $100,000 Tesla. The Esflow is rounded out by the usual high-tech car accouterments, from LED lighting and interior LCD screens to an ultra-low profile all-aluminum chassis with an integrated roll bar system. Serious boy-racer stuff for the dawning of an electric-car age. About the only thing this Nissan may need is a better name. Esflow is just one letter too close to E-slow.

Last edited by Space; 02-20-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:28 AM

Video: Nissan ESFLOW Concept Proves We Will Have Fast And Fun EVs Soon

^^^Click above link 2 Watch Vid ^^^

Last edited by Space; 02-20-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:13 PM

From the side it sort of resembles a Morgan

Morgan

Nissan

Of course without the swooping side panels and a few other cosmetic things that make a Morgan a Morgan -- but it does share a resemblance in my opinion.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's pretty cool. I like seeing different sources of fuel rather then being stuck with gasoline only engines. Electric cars have a lot of potential and this one does too. It appears to follow Nissan's 370Z design quite a bit. They should make it to be a companion with the Nissan Leaf. Nissan's finally doing something unique

Old 02-20-2011, 03:46 PM

Thats pretty cool. I was out at the Las Vegas Drag strip one time and they were having electric car drags. Only sound was the spinning tires. It was weird and cool. I would drive the Nissan.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:34 PM

i would definitely drive it...i just cant figure out why they cant take existing car frames...or car series and make them look awesome, say the camaro...and sound awesome...with it being electric...and id probably need more than 150mile range...but all in all...a good start nissan

Old 02-21-2011, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by mogwog
From the side it sort of resembles a Morgan

Hi `Mike & Member's, thanks for your input/posts.

I do love the `Morgan, but they are another Super Expensive Car, but dreams are still `free : )
I like the one below 4-Sure
2010 Morgan Aero Supersports anniversary model

by Arman Barari
It’s amazing that despite of global economic downturn, Morgan Motor Company is still in business and still thinks ambitious! Now Richard Hammond’s favorite British sports car maker is launching a new model called Aero Supersports, which is a kinda mark for company’s 100th anniversary. The car’s based on the Aero Max and its party piece is a removable aluminum roof which makes it a convertible.
Morgan Aero Supersports is powered by a BMW-derived V8 based on the one in the Aero8 GT3 racer. It develops 367 hp and while connected to a six-speed manual gearbox, that translates into 0-60 sprint of 4.3 seconds. You can also have a six-speed auto.
Like all other Morgans, you get a cabin full of leather and wood and now thanks to the removable, top full of air, and that’s all very nice. But the price of this nice experience is a bit high! When it comes out in 2010 it’ll cost £120,000 which is around €140,000. Well, Morgan is an exclusive car and for those who likes it, price is not an issue.
The Morgan Sero Supersports will be revealed at Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este along with Aston Martin one-77 and Rolls Roys Ghost.

I like rides that are unique & this one is 4-$ure.
Different/Expensive/Beautiful 2 me
The Prowler should have been this good : )
Hope that U EnJoyed another one of my
"Dream Rides"

Last edited by Space; 02-21-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:37 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Y79dZWILitE

Need 4 `Speed
1. Click above link
2. Fasten your safety Belt
3. Make full screen
4. Turn up your Speakers
5. EnJoy
*Note: It's the closest I'd get to driv'in a Real One : ),
but I love the SuperSounds of Power & dreaming of
being in control of a Monster on 4 wheels : )
4=$ure

Last edited by Space; 02-21-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That Esflow is by far better looking than anything Nissan current has in their line. I think Nissan is trying to be unique and cool, but their cars are either boring (Versa) or frankensteined garbage. The Juke is the most rediculous thing I've ever seen. It was like it was design by 5 very different people who all got equal say and everybody through all there idea and made 'em stick. The current Z also looks like a bunch of cars slapped together. The new Nissan full size van looks like bad comedy.

I don't want anything Nissan's got right now, but I'd drive the Esflow