Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
I'm Optismistic
76.67%
I'm Pessimistic
10.00%
I don't know ?
13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

`Positive Thinking : )

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 06:57 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up `Positive Thinking : )

Below is a MCF Positive `Thinking Thread for our MonteCarlo Family...EnJoy the `Journey...

We believe that owning & driving a Chevy Monte Carlo is a
great way to reduce stress & makes your `journey of life so much better : )
"I believe my glass is half full, but my gas tank is empty lol"
I hope the below article helps someone keep or obtain a positive outlook on `life...I think it's so much better then being negative 4-Sure....
The answers to all problems are out there, `if we only take the time to search/find/act 4-Sure

Positive thinking: Reduce stress, enjoy life more

Positive thinking helps with stress management and can even improve your health. Overcome negative self-talk by recognizing it and practicing with some examples provided.

Is your glass half-empty or half-full? How you answer this age-old question about positive thinking may reflect your outlook on life, your attitude toward yourself, and whether you're optimistic or pessimistic.
In fact, some studies show that these personality traits — optimism and pessimism — can affect many areas of your health and well-being. Positive thinking also is a key part of effective stress management. Positive thinking doesn't mean that you keep your head in the sand and ignore life's less pleasant situations. It just means that you approach the unpleasantness in a more positive and productive way.
With all this in mind, take a refresher course in positive thinking. Learn how to put positive thinking into action in your own life, and reap the benefits.
Understanding positive thinking and self-talk

Self-talk is the endless stream of thoughts that run through your head every day. These automatic thoughts can be positive or negative. Some of your self-talk comes from logic and reason. Other self-talk may arise from misconceptions that you create because of lack of information.
If the thoughts that run through your head are mostly negative, your outlook on life is more likely pessimistic. If your thoughts are mostly positive, you're likely an optimist — someone who practices positive thinking.
The health benefits of positive thinking

Researchers continue to explore the effects of positive thinking and optimism on health. Health benefits that positive thinking may provide include:
  • Increased life span
  • Lower rates of depression
  • Lower levels of distress
  • Greater resistance to the common cold
  • Better psychological and physical well-being
  • Reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
  • Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
It's unclear why people who engage in positive thinking experience these health benefits. One theory is that having a positive outlook enables you to cope better with stressful situations, which reduces the harmful health effects of stress on your body. It's also thought that positive and optimistic people live healthier lifestyles — they get more physical activity, follow a healthier diet, and have reduced rates of smoking and alcohol consumption.

(1 of 2)

References
I hope the above article/links can help someone have a better
`day/`life

Last edited by Space; 03-01-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:59 AM

Thanks for your PM & I'm glad the above helped 4-Sure.
Resilience: Build skills to endure hardship

Above is a good link 2 read to deal with hardships

Yes, I agree..Thanks 4 the pic

Last edited by Space; 03-02-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:36 AM

How to be happy: Tips for cultivating contentment Give it a try ~> It really works `if U try 4-Sure

Are you tired of waiting around for happiness to find you? Stop waiting and start getting happy with these tips. Don't read if U don't wanta `be Happy

By Mayo Clinic staff

Do you know how to be happy? Or are you waiting for happiness to find you? Despite what the fairy tales depict, happiness doesn't appear by magic. It's not even something that happens to you. It's something you can cultivate. So, what are you waiting for? Start discovering how to be happy.
How to be happy: What science tells us

Only 10 percent or so of the variation in people's reports of happiness can be explained by differences in their circumstances. The bulk of what determines happiness is your personality and — more modifiable — your thoughts and behaviors. So, yes, you can learn how to be happy — or at least happier.

Although you may have thought, as many people do, that happiness comes from being born rich or beautiful or living a stress-free life, the reality is that those things don't confer lasting happiness. Indeed, how to be happy can't be boiled down to one thing. Happiness is the sum of your life choices. People who are happy seem to intuitively know this, and their lives are built on the following pillars:
  • Devoting time to family and friends
  • Appreciating what they have
  • Maintaining an optimistic outlook
  • Feeling a sense of purpose
  • Living in the moment
How to be happy: Practice, practice, practice

The good news is that your choices, thoughts and actions can influence your level of happiness. It's not as easy as flipping a switch, but you can turn up your happiness level. Here's how to get started on the path to creating a happier you.
Invest in relationships

Surround yourself with happy people. Being around people who are content buoys your own mood. And by being happy yourself, you give something back to those around you.
Friends and family help you celebrate life's successes and support you in difficult times. Although it's easy to take friends and family for granted, these relationships need nurturing. Build up your emotional account with kind words and actions. Be careful and gracious with critique. Let people know that you appreciate what they do for you or even just that you're glad they're part of your life.
Next page
(1 of 2)

Last edited by Space; 03-02-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm an optimist. I drive a Monte Carlo

Old 03-02-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I'm an optimist. I drive a Monte Carlo
LOL `Thanks Mod `Mike, yes owning & driving a Monte Carlo is also a major ingredient to being a `Happy person on your highways of`Life

Last edited by Space; 03-02-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:15 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

I am the most optimistic person that I know. It's not a contest, but I win!

Old 03-02-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
I am the most optimistic person that I know. It's not a contest, but I win!
LOL Sgt `Miller, now that's Positive Think'in 4-Sure
Thanks 4 sharing : )

Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm Optimistic because I am constantly optimizing my Monte with new parts
LOL!!

Old 03-02-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
I'm Optimistic because I am constantly optimizing my Monte with new parts
LOL!!
Hi `Keith, and I believe that is very optimistic + plus it a great project/hobbie to escape the other stresses in life 4-Sure. But, it can be stressful to park a Super Monte and walk away & be outa sight of your Award winning Monte

Old 03-02-2011, 03:17 PM

Unfortunately, I'm a pessimist (1 of the 2 currently in the poll). I always expect the worst.

Quick Reply: `Positive Thinking : )