Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

`MONTE FAMILY MEMBER's BLOG: Saturday 09-12-09 : )

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 04:08 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow `MONTE FAMILY MEMBER's BLOG: Saturday 09-12-09 : )

Above MCF logo by ModeratorJ.J. -Thank You,

MCF ToDay

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Monte Carlo Friends

From all around Planet Earth
`Off Topic
For Every Member to Post
and make new Monte `Friends

What are you doing Today
* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids,
best foods, vacation spot, clean jokes, pictures
of your boat, bike, other cars, truck's etc.

* Make a post & say`Hi Don't be `Shy
Become part of our Monte Carlo Family.
Please don't hurt with your words/post
`Thank You!

The MCF is a Stress Free Family Zone

4-Sure
September 2009
Monte's of the Month
`Winner's
Jamie & Ryan
( Tie for Win)
Member's
~ ChevyGirlSS~~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ & ~ ~ ~ ~~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Skylark65 ~
___

Check out all the Winner's of Monte of the Month
Click below link
https://montecarloforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=10474

Last edited by Space; 09-12-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:19 AM

The `Journey of `Life is so much better `if you are Driving a ChevroletMonte Carlo

Stops only when outa `gas/$'s/food/Protection
`DreamMobile SurfBeachHomeOnWheels

Rat Motor & Driver's
Peace `Now
EnJoy

Hello EveryBody,

Be Safe/Smart/EnJoy
Whose driving your `Life ?
Take Control
Be Happy 2 `be,
Free 2 `be
4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 09-12-2009 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:07 AM

Yes I did meet up with Ryan at DQ.

It was raining and he was too exhausted to go for a ride, but I offered!!! He brought a friend, they both loved my car, but who wouldn't right? :P

RIGHT?!

Anyway, he's a great kid, and he's done a good job on his MOTM Monte. I hope the best for him with everything he has planned.

ps. I think I need a radar detector, the car has such a smooth higher-RPM band now that I know without looking I'm gonna get in trouble. I was hitting 95 without even realizing it tonight.

2000 Monte Carlo SS | MOTM - June 2009

Modded N/A | 160,000+ miles of joy.

`Mike, it's great that two super Member's & MOTM Winner's

got a chance to meet `up. Bum `bout weather : (
Yes, I think a radar detector would be a wise investment.
EnJoy your new `Power
and a Super Fun Time in the beautiful
Mountains of the `Pocono's
Peace/Happiness

Last edited by Space; 09-12-2009 at 05:10 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:19 AM

Morning MCF'ers!
since my interior mods are on standstill, until i can get some more silver dye...damn them for not stocking what i need! im looking for a new project!!!

my first thought was covering the molded carpet in the trunk with vinyl, i don't even know if it's possible, although with some patients im sure it is! anyone ever done any vinyl covering? what type of glue should i use, contact cement? i think i will go hit up some craft stores later today...

Old 09-12-2009, 05:26 AM

getting out of work now thank god...long night..hopefully it stops raining soon so i could be able to take one of my cars to the car show thats going on in town today...its pouring right now : /

Old 09-12-2009, 05:37 AM

Good Mor'in `Dave,
Wish U a Fun Weekend @ the Show...Take pic's & share.
How did the BCM go @ the dealership ?
Keep us updated & EnJoy

Old 09-12-2009, 05:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Morning all. Got to go in to work for a while today. Got a new setup to get up and running for production 1st of the week, and I got to get the bugs out of the setup & the program before running it, so "Hi ho, hi o, it's off to work I go" ON A SATURDAY! It's OK tho, we need the work to get out the door, cash flow and all. Being on salary doesn't help on days like today.

03Monte- ya can't do much with the trunk carpet, other than remove it and dye it. Some people use particle board as a basis to build their panels, and fabric, vinyl, or leather cover those with some 1/8-1/4" foam in between for padding. Here's what I have:
Framework: 1/8 x 3/4 and 1/8 x 1" aluminum 90 deg angle stock from the hardware, cut, bent, bolted, and welded as necessary.
Panels: Sides are 1/4" masonite, and the speaker box cover is 1/8" masonite (1/4 is better). They have been formed to fit, sanded and rounded for looks. Spare tire cover is 1/2" plywood.
Padding: I'm using some black felt like fabric used for speaker box covering. Price was right.
Covering: Marine grade black vinyl "leather".
Glue: 3M spray adhesive for upolstery.
staples: DO NOT TRY THIS WITHOUT STAPLING THE VINYL TO THE BOARDS! Trust me on this!
Velcro to hold panels in place as needed.
I have the factory carpet on the trunk floor, dyed black, and the spare tire cover is just black fabric covered 1/2" plywood to match. I broke my spare tire cover in my '01 with suitcases, and fab'd the new one to replace it. MUCH stronger! I even use a 1" tie-down strap slid under it to hold heavy items from sliding around in the trunk.

If you're putting a stereo in, don't forget to put Dyna-mat or an equivalent sound dampener in under all the carpet and panels.
Also remember that air flows thru the rear speaker grilles and into the trunk, and exits thru the vents in the right rear fender behind the wheel well. Do NOT block this air flow
Hope this gives you SOME direction. Check out my cardomain site for some pics of my install for ideas.

And Space......Is that the "Short Bus" that you and the bums use to get around???

Old 09-12-2009, 06:03 AM

,,,Good `Morning `Wayne,
Good Luck on getting the bugs out...It has to be a challenge that takes the skills that you possess. I hope that you don't have to work to long, and can get back to enjoy your toys and life.
No, that's just a DreamBumBus : ( We have my g/fathers old GMC Van for our Go4Ride : ) Wish U a Safe/Fun Weekend...& I know that U R Happy & ThankFul 2 `be 4-Sure...Peace/Happiness from the `Kid : )

Old 09-12-2009, 06:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mornin' folks!

It's been a week since I posted - back before Classic Weekend in Oswego. I still haven't posted about that and I have a lot of posting to do, but since I got home the wife (and baby) really isn't giving me an inch. I can't seem to find 15 minutes of computer time. I did a major upgrade to the BudChev this week too, which I'm not sure I happy with yet. I'll post more about that later over in the "Header's, Intake & Exhaust" (if I can free up some time). Another cosmetic change is under way right now as well. I'm super stoked about the Richmond race tonight, which Mark Martin grabbed the pole for again. I'll be sure to get my picks in before the race, but its not hard to guess who I'll be picking. Unfortunately I gotta' get ready for work and have no more time right now.

Have a great day y'all!

Old 09-12-2009, 06:10 AM

Hi `Brent, I hope that you have a super day & we look forward to your updates 4-Sure.

It so difficult to Master ones Time, when someone else is in control & wants to control it `all LOL
"Hard 2 live with'em, but so hard 2 live without'em"

Quick Reply: `MONTE FAMILY MEMBER's BLOG: Saturday 09-12-09 : )