Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

`Hurricane SANDY:has system hugging East Coast, possibly making landfall in USA

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default `Hurricane SANDY:has system hugging East Coast, possibly making landfall in USA

Hi `Member's,
Sandy is now a hurricane near Jamaica; Northeast next week? Hurricane Tony is out there 2, & I hope they don't get together & dance...WoW...That's a relationship I don't want to see happen 4-Sure...

I thought a few member's would be interested in this topic & one never knows when a Hurricane will turn towards the USA. If you are interested, click below & scroll the link to find the latest map & projection..

I find it best to always be `safe then sorry...Boot `Up

One model has system hugging East Coast, possibly making landfall in US
  1. Below:

Jump to text Tropical Storm Sandy became a hurricane Wednesday as it neared landfall along Jam... <~ Click here for weather map & see the route that Sandy is projected to take
  2. I'm so happy to be connected to the `Web right from my office...My company serves many ports in the Atlantic & my fax's has been going `off like crazy with request for supplies.

Interactive: Hurricane Tracker

Monitor Atlantic storm paths and weather conditions.
<NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>

Link | Share

By Miguel LlanosNBC News

updated <ABBR style="DISPLAY: inline" class="dtstamp updated" title=2012-10-24T15:07:40>1 hour 55 minutes ago</ABBR>2012-10-24T15:07:40
<!---Print--->
Tropical Storm Sandy became a hurricane Wednesday as it neared landfall along Jamaica's coastline, while forecasters said there's a chance Sandy will eventually hug the East Coast and possibly even make landfall in the Northeast.
One of two computer models being tracked has Sandy moving inland over the Northeast by early Tuesday morning, NBC News meteorologist Al Roker said on TODAY.
That scenario is more likely to play out, he added, if the jet stream curves back and allows "Sandy to hug the coast and bring it as either a tropical storm or very weak hurricane."
In that case, the Northeast could see 10-12 inches of rain along the Eastern Seaboard.
Video: Sandy could head for Northeast (on this page)In Jamaica, schools were closed and shelters opened to residents of flood-prone areas.
The storm was centered about 65 miles south of the Jamaican capital, Kingston, on Wednesday morning and was moving north at 13 miles per hour with top sustained winds of 80 miles per hour, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in an update.
A tropical storm watch has been issued for south Florida up to Jupiter Inlet.

The Miami area should see the worst from Sandy on Thursday night and Friday morning, the National Weather Service stated. Strong winds, beach erosion and heavy rain are possible across Southeast Florida, it added.

Gilbert Bellamy / ReutersDrivers in Kingston, Jamaica, line up for gasoline on Tuesday ahead of Tropical Storm Sandy.

A hurricane warning was in effect for both Jamaica and Cuba, although Sandy is not expected to go beyond a Category 1 hurricane on the five-step intensity scale.
The two computer models showed Sandy was on a projected path cutting across the middle of Jamaica near Kingston and then the north coast resort of Ocho Rios before passing over eastern Cuba and losing hurricane strength as it reaches the Bahamas.
Sandy could dump 6-12 inches of rain across parts of Jamaica, Haiti, the Dominican Republic and eastern Cuba, and up to 20 inches in a few places, forecasters said.
"These rains may produce life-threatening flash floods and mudslides ... especially in areas of mountainous terrain," the hurricane center warned.
Storm surge could also raise water levels on Jamaica's south and east coasts by 1 to 3 feet above normal tide levels, the center added, and as much as 4 to 7 feet above normal in the Bahamas on Friday.
Out in the deep Atlantic, Tropical Storm Tony formed overnight but posed no threat to land as it moved northeast.

Last edited by Space; 10-24-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Like the weather in North America & our World...There's always a price to pay/endure for the location that you are living/residing 4-Sure...

I prefer to pay the price to live in the paradise I reside/work/live... , but I want to visit every state/Canada/Mexico & our World in my future ~> That is another one of my major dreams. It's on my 2 `do list on my `journey of life 4-Sure

Attached Thumbnails `Hurricane SANDY:has system hugging East Coast, possibly making landfall in USA-can-do-4-sure.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 10-24-2012 at 12:38 PM.