Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you like the 2014 Viper SRT ?
Yes, I love them, just can't afford one
37.50%
No, I don't like `it
0%
I'd rather have a new Corvette & save $70K +
62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

= = = 2014 SRT Viper + more = = =

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default = = = 2014 SRT Viper + more = = =

2014 SRT Viper Adds Rain Mode, New Colors

Jake Holmes[G+]Associate Web EditorSeptember 13, 2013
6 photos

<meta content="2013-09-13" itemprop="datePublished">
It’s no secret that the SRT Viper can be tricky to drive, what with its potent 8.4-liter V-10 engine dishing out 640 hp to the rear tires, but for the 2014 model year the serpentine coupe will be just a little bit easier to manage.
The 2014 SRT Viper gains a “Rain” option in its electronic stability control program, which makes the system more aggressive to help keep the sports car in line when driving in inclement weather. In fact, SRT says that inexperienced drivers may also want to use Rain mode in dry weather for an extra sense of security, or in cold weather when the Viper’s standard Pirelli P-Zero summer-performance tires lose grip.
The base 2014 SRT Viper will thus offer three stability control modes: On, Rain, and Off. The Viper GTS and the hardcore Viper TA will have a total of five settings: On, Rain, Sport, Track, and Off.
In addition to Rain mode, the 2014 SRT Viper receives a couple of new visual options. To pay homage to Viper racing cars, the street car will now be offered in a Billet Silver paint scheme that matches the Viper GTS-R. And a new color called GTS-R Blue, inspired by the No. 91 Viper ALMS racer, replaces Shadow Blue Pearl. Finally, buyers who equip their 2014 SRT Viper with the Anodized Carbon Special Edition option will now receive matte-black paint.
As we reported earlier this summer, pricing for the 2014 SRT Viper has increased slightly compared to the 2013 model. The base Viper now starts at $103,990, a figure that includes a $1995 destination fee and a $2600 gas-guzzler tax. The price bump comes because the base Viper now has more standard equipment, including navigation, a backup camera, and a 12-speaker Harman/Kardon sound system. Pricing for the 2014 SRT Viper GTS is unchanged at $124,990, and SRT has yet to reveal a sticker for the Viper TA.
The 2014 SRT Viper is available for order now.
Source: SRT

<aside>More on this Car:

Specs, Compare, Safety, Pricing, Reviews, Classifieds, Photos, Warranty

</aside>
<dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"><a class="addthis_counter addthis_pill_style" style="display: inline-block;" href="http://rumors.automobilemag.com/2014-srt-viper-adds-rain-mode-new-colors-245651.html#"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>

<dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>

<hr>See all 6 photos

<section></section><!-- HACK SIM Ad Control STM adscript start--><!--STM-->

Last edited by Space; 09-15-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:08 AM

1967 Chevrolet Corvette Sells For $3.2 Million At Auction
^ ^ WoW, that's a lots of Cash 4-$ure ^ ^

Erick Ayapana[G+]September 13, 2013
8 photos

<meta content="2013-09-13" itemprop="datePublished">
A 1967 Chevrolet Corvette L88 convertible recently sold for $3.2 million, which is the largest sum a Corvette has ever commanded at an auction. It’s also about three times the amount earned by the first 2014 Chevrolet Corvette sold through auction earlier this year.
The third-annual Mecum auction in Dallas included more than 1400 cars, but the 1967 Chevrolet Corvette L88 was the undisputed star during the four-day event.
The Chevrolet Corvette belonged to collector Buddy Herin and was just one of 20 examples built in 1967 with a 430-hp L88 427 V-8 mated to a four-speed manual. It won the 1967 NHRA A/Sports Nationals at Indianapolis and there are piles of photos and time slips documenting its racing history, including its maiden run at Puyallup Dragway in Puyallup, Wash. All of its body panels are original and the Chevrolet Corvette went through an extensive restoration in the 1990s. DuPont was responsible for recreating the factory Marlboro Maroon paint.
In addition to the Chevrolet Corvette, Herin had a few other significant sales. His 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 sold for $530,000 and was the second most expensive car at the auction. Selling for $290,000 was his 1957 Chevrolet Corvette Airbox and his 2005 Ford GT commanded $255,000.
Source: Mecum Auctions

<style type="text/css"> #gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 25%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } </style> <!-- see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php --> <dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>

<dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>

<aside>More on this Car:

Specs, Compare, Safety, Pricing, Reviews, Rebates, Photos, Warranty
Tags:

Auctions, Chevrolet, Classic Cars, Convertible
<!--Share:

-->
<!-- AddThis Button END -->
Next Article:

2014 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T Hits 36 MPG, Costs $19,715

</aside><hr>See all 8 photos

Last edited by Space; 09-15-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:13 AM

Looks like I'm playing by myself again ? No one has voted or posted on this thread, but some weird alien Is Taz gona give me a F grade for this thread ? Thread is getting lots of hits, but no votes or post...I'm failing MCF 101 (LOL) HELP!

OK, your turn

Last edited by Space; 09-16-2013 at 02:32 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:33 AM

Wanta `Race ?

Old 09-16-2013, 02:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

I love the new viper

Old 09-16-2013, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
I love the new viper

Good Morning `Devin,
Great to see you online this early morning hour of a new day.
Are you at work also ? I feel like I'm at work all the time
What color should I tell Santa you want on your Viper ?

Old 09-16-2013, 03:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Morning Space!
Sorry I'm not on the morning blog anymore, just really don't like it.
Not workin just up late, going to bed pretty soon, gotta get up early and meet Keane to chill.

I love the new vipers, The Viper was my first ever dream car way back in 1996!
Always wanted one Black with silver racing stripes!
Sound good? haha
Hope alls well with you!

Old 09-16-2013, 03:20 AM

Hi `Devin, we can make this our Viper Blog (LOL)

WoW, you are staying up late Oh, I will let Santa know your wishes (lol) (I really think `Santa is an alien also) LOL (He's from another planet then mine) LOL

Wish you a good recharge & a great time getting 2gether with `Keane.
EnJoy your new day of `life...

Old 09-16-2013, 03:54 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Looks like I'm playing by myself again ? No one has voted or posted on this thread, but some weird alien Is Taz gona give me a F grade for this thread ? Thread is getting lots of hits, but no votes or post...I'm failing MCF 101 (LOL) HELP!

OK, your turn
Creating threads about Chrysler cars? Are you trying to lure a certain former member back to the forum?

Old 09-16-2013, 04:02 AM

LoL `Lou (Taz),
Yes `I'm guilty of trying to lure a criminal back so we can detain/capture them for prosecution for their offenses against many member's (LOL)

I'm sorry, I won't do it again (I promise, it's in the mail)..
Please stop hitting me...> That hurts 4-Sure !!!!
Stay tuned for updates LOL

Hi Member's, Sorry > I've high jacked my own thread again...

Quick Reply: = = = 2014 SRT Viper + more = = =