Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

* What's your Music Genre ? *

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 01:51 PM

Hi everyone,

Well, our tastes are pretty much all over the place, we both love all types of music so I guess to put our taste in music into one word would be "eclectic."
We were both raised on 50's and 60's music and still love retro very much...both our moms LOVE Elvis and we grew up listening to him ALOT.
Growing up I loved David Bowie and still do, as well as John Mellencamp. Bill loves the seventies classic rock.
We both love country as well, both old and new. A big part of why I moved down here in KY from MA. But I like some new stuff too like Katy Perry and Pink. The last album we bought, going in yet another direction, indy-pop, was by Foster the People.
So in other words, when we drive by with the Monte windows rolled down, you never know what's going to be coming out of the speakers!!! lol

Old 06-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm a walking music store By preference i usually will choose country. But i will listen to just about anything except screamo rock. To throw out a FEW artists, george strait, alan jackson, billy currington, tom petty, guns n roses, motley crue. I listen to alot of modern music as well, and techno/dubstep/hard style. Hard style is probably my favorite kind of techno.

Its funny because music was never a part of my life for a long time, i dont know when i really started getting into it, maybe the last 5 years or so but now it drives me. My car doesn't move without the radio playing something.

I love mixes by this youtube user. Didn't realize this person has 72 of them. I'll have to listen to some others, but here is one of my favorites.

hardstyle mix 6 - YouTube

Old 06-16-2012, 02:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So far it seems like everyone here that drives a Monte listens to several types of music

Old 06-16-2012, 03:13 PM

Yeah man, and no bitchin' about anyone elses tastes either, how cool is that?! Monte people rock!!

Old 06-16-2012, 05:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I listen to almost everything lol! I listen to anything from Slipknot, Skrillex, Yelawolf, Mac Miller, Motley Crue, Sammy Hagar, all the way to Garth Brooks, George Strait, Kenny Chesney etc. (can you even say those names in the same sentence ) Just to name a few. So much variety on my iPod lol.. Just depends on the mood I'm in but lately I've just had the radio set on a few of my favorite country stations

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 06-16-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015

Bob seger toby keith bon jovi stones willie nelson dr. Hook big and rich journey dated steve perrys cousin her mother and his were sisters they were hot! Areo smith beatles santana joplin hendricks grew up in the sixties 50 miles from san francisco height asbury saw all the groups it was a blast jefferson airplane fleetwood mac and many more. Anybody heard of the fillmore in san fran all the bands started there.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Warhorse
Yeah man, and no bitchin' about anyone elses tastes either, how cool is that?! Monte people rock!!

Hi `Mike & member's,
Yes, our member's are a very unique & diverse group of people from all around the USA/Canada & our World 4-Sure

Our Leader `Lou (Taz) will not condone any member's purposely hurting with their words or posts. They will be warned or removed `if they don't comply to our simple respectable MCF Rules.

Thanks everyone for your posts about your favorite music/tunes...I've enjoyed reading what they are...

Yes, "Music is good for your Mind & Soul" ~> EnJoy your tunes & the MCF

The MCF is a StressFree-Fun-Automotive Family Zone
Please don't hurt with your words/post!
Give Respect to `Member's - Get Respect from `Member's

`amen

Last edited by Space; 06-16-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:08 PM

I listen to Southern Gospel & Christian. Third Day, Jeremy Camp, Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, Steven Curtis Chapman, Gaither Vocal Band, The Crabb Family. Those are some favorites.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jesusfrk01MC
I listen to Southern Gospel & Christian. Third Day, Jeremy Camp, Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, Steven Curtis Chapman, Gaither Vocal Band, The Crabb Family. Those are some favorites.

Thanks for your post & sharing your favorite music. I don't know the groups that you posted, but I will explore & listen.
p.s. Like your `sig

Old 06-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mostly rock now, grew up on country. Then started smoking hash in Germany back in 73 and the Party was on... My favorite is anti-War "Roger Waters" Pink Floyd founding member.... It all makes perfect sense expressed in dollars and cents, pounds, schillings and pence, can't you see it all makes perfect sense. We have warehouses of butter, oceans of wine, we got famine when we need it we got designer crime.. What God wants God gets, God help us all!!! The pie in the sky turned out to be miles to high..And now you hide hide hide behind petrified eyes..

Then the Eagles and Metallica "The Unforgiven 2"

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 06-16-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Quick Reply: * What's your Music Genre ? *