Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

* Ways To Maintain A Positive Attitude *

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb * Ways To Maintain A Positive Attitude *

Hi Member's,
I'm posting the below as a reminder to myself, and maybe someone else will read it & it just might help them maintain a "Positive Attitude" ? Your Choice...You clicked this thread, so check it out...Add to it, agree or disagree ? Your choice..

7 Ways To Maintain A Positive Attitude

Bonus #8...Buy/Drive/Maintain a Chevy Monte Carlo !!! It will enforce your Positive attitude 4-Sure!

Written by Jyoti Singal + words by`Space
<!--START AdSense-->

In today’s life when one is thronged with worries and tensions all around, it is very difficult to maintain a positive attitude. And often the more you try and be positive, the more it seems the negative energy around you gains strength.

So here are 7 ways to change our modus operandi, be positive and work towards a healthier lifestyle.

Do Not Wait for Happiness.
Do not wait for good things to happen to you. You need to work towards happiness. You need to create a happy environment around you today to remain happy tomorrow.

This is called an attitude. If you adopt a positive attitude, life becomes a rewarding game instead of a challenge to ‘get through.’

Clarify and Prioritize
Learn to know what you want. If you know what you expect from yourself, your future becomes clear and your goals become attainable

Clarify your purpose : A purpose is something you fulfill each moment when you are in balance with your life. (A purpose is a simple, positive statement of why you are here ). A purpose isn’t a goal statement, which one can achieve.

Discover your purpose: by identifying & prioritizing your most important roles in life (at home, at work, MCF community etc) List the positive qualities that you aspire to possess: Honesty, Philanthropic, Accommodating, Tolerant, Sharing because you care about others on the MCF, etc.
Visualize your future, with a clear picture in your mind of what you want to accomplish in your lifetime (you can become what you think you are and what you see). One of the most powerful techniques for achieving life goals is visualization (creating a mental image of something happening in future). aaah she looks Super Super I can see the Monte of my dreams NOW
Believing in and seeing your dreams can motivate you to become what you want to be.
* I want 2 `be a race car driver...I win all the time in my dreams
Set goals for yourself (To help your dreams for the future become a reality, you need to set short & long term goals) to stay on course.
To provide steady fuel for your energy, create a list of long term goals to be accomplished in life time & break them into several interim short term goals to help you chart your progress.

Be Resilient
Resilient people are those who face setbacks but ultimately, with perseverance, recover from them. Try and be strong and face life’s difficulties as challenges; respond accordingly with action, rather than with fear, self-pity, inferiority or blame. While life can be very challenging, an important step in becoming more resilient is to develop the habit of positive self talk and to remind yourself that you are strong and can grow stronger and wiser as you handle life’s challenges.

Self Pep Talk
One’s inner dialogue is one’s biggest strength and critic. Listen to your inner self and talk to it. Motivate yourself rather than getting motivated by others. It is the inner voice that makes us critical of ourselves. Rule your inner voice! Space talks to his mirror & sometimes it answers back

Laugh Away
Humor is the best medicine. Make laughter a part of your day. Laughter is known to be a mood elevator. When feeling low, read funny stories or go through a joke book or read a few of spaces crazy posts & belief's. Allow yourself to open up. See the funny side of things and you will realize, life is a complex, yet funny game.

Seize the day
Carpe Diem, as the proverb goes. Always enjoy the moment, the present, your NOW - WoW Do not worry about your past or future. Live for the day. What has happened is irreversible and what will happen is unknown , so try and enjoy what you have. Like someone has rightly said:
The past is history, the future is mystery.
Today is a Gift, That is why we call it the Present

Be an Optimist

This is the golden rule to maintaining a positive attitude. Always believe in yourself. Being an optimist does not only mean to see the brighter side of life. To be an optimist means to view the surroundings wherein you maximize your strengths and achievements and minimize your weaknesses and apprehensions.

It is difficult to change yourself in a day But at least give it a try. A positive attitude in life will help you go places. Just curb that fear in you and move towards the right path!!
Remember, I CAN and I WILL.

7 Steps To Positive Self Talk < Click (Good Infor) DO You talk 2 yourself ? I do (LOL) I argue sometimes `2 with this dude called `Self...I win sometimes (LOL)

Words That Heal and Empower < Click for words + more that maybe able to empower "U" 2 take over the WORLD? ? ?

Last edited by Space; 07-29-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:48 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Or...

You could just be as awesome as me! I only make it look easy...

Old 07-18-2012, 09:31 PM

Thx space needed that.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:58 PM

I'm sure Keane and I needed that. We appreciate your kindness Space as you're always there for your fellow MCFers.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:10 AM
Default Getting Control Over Your Life

You could just be as awesome as me! I only make it look easy...
^ Thanks Sgt Miller `Greg,
I've found nothing good in this life is easy, but I like the rewards I receive for my efforts.

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
Thx space needed that.
^ Hi `Griz...I needed it myself.. Good positive words can motivate & create positive actions `if we let them in2 our mind & put them in2 action. I share, cause I care (It's the way I was taught 2 `be)

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
I'm sure Keane and I needed that. We appreciate your kindness Space as you're always there for your fellow MCFers.

Hi `Tyler & Members, I believe that everything in life is just a "State of Mind" (?), for what are we without a `Mind ? "Just a body that can't think"

I truly believe that if we take control of our mind, that we can take control of our lives and drive it to where we want to be...It's not easy, but what good things in this life are easy ?

I do my best to put positive/good things in2 my mind-body & spirit to help me reach my goals and to get to where I want to be in this human life...I wish you & members the strength/discipline/energy to pursue your goals & get to where you really want 2 `be
=================================================

Below are more words that may help `if they are read & implemented in2 ones `life...Invest some of your time/life to read & hopefully extract from below what will help you on your `journey of life...(Yes, it's your life & you are the driver) Aren't you ? Your choice to read or ignore...."Free 2 `be anyone you really want 2 `be" How much are you willing to give `up to get to where you want to `be ? That is the question....?....that is your choice ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting Control Over Your Life

True Control (Who Me ?)

The only thing any one person truly has control over is his or her own thinking. And yet... most people expend vast amounts of energy attempting to control everything BUT their thoughts . They try to exert control over their lives by influencing or manipulating the people, situations, and objects in their environment; and they become frustrated and anxious when these efforts fail. Frustration and anxiety, in turn, compel them to try even harder to influence or manipulate; and the cycle perpetuates itself.

What's ironic is that the cycle is easily broken by accepting one very simple truth. Control over your life begins with control over your thoughts; because your thoughts are the only thing over which you ever have complete control. W0W
It's not easy fighting off the bad or the temptations in life, but `if the bad wins , you lose I don't like to lose, do you ? I constantly fight the bad by thinking positive, speaking good & acting my words...It's a constant battle, but the rewards are worth my time & efforts 4-Sure

Taking Responsibility
It's a matter of taking responsibility. COMPLETE responsibility. For your actions, decisions, and ultimately, your thinking. And it may very well seem like the most difficult thing you ever attempt. But responsibility is the core quality of a truly successful person. Successful people take both the credit and the blame for everything that happens to them. Remember - "You are the CEO*Chief Executive Officer* of your own life." This means there is a direct relationship between your level of success, personally and professionally, and the amount of responsibility you are willing to accept for your life.

You must accept COMPLETE responsibility for who you are and what you do.
You must accept the fact that whatever your life is (or is not ) at this very moment is the direct result of the thoughts you think and the choices you make. Accept the fact that if you want things to change, YOU must change. Stop looking outside of yourself for answers, quick-fixes, or scapegoats.

Your parents did the best they could, and even if it wasn't "good enough," what you do with your life after leaving their nest is YOUR choice and YOUR responsibility. Accept it!

Excuse Hunting >?

I think of excuse hunting as just words that a person uses to avoid accepting responsibility and committing to the things in life that we truly want. Universally popular excuses include, "I'm too old/too young," "I don't have enough money," "I can't do it because of my wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/kids/parents/boss/aliens like space" and "I'm not ready yet".

Sound familiar?

Define your personal *excuses*. Acknowledge the excuses you consciously (and unconsciously) make for yourself. Go Excuse hunting" and root out the source of self-sabotage before it robs you of even one more day of happiness and success. Sit down right now and make a list of all your favorite excuses for not making the changes you know are necessary to achieve your dreams in life.

Then ask yourself this question: Has anyone else EVER succeeded in spite of this problem/limitation? If your answer is "yes" - if you can think of or intuitively sense that even ONE person somewhere, at some point in history has overcome the challenge you put on your list of the excuses that you use - then you know it's nothing more than that - an excuse. Eliminate it! (From your `Mind & your `Life)

The Bottom Line

Follow this simple equation:
Responsibility = Control = Freedom

A highly responsible person feels more in control, experiences more freedom, and ultimately, knows greater joy and success than a highly irresponsible person. After all, it's a lot of work coming up with excuses for your failures and trying to influence or manipulate factors outside of yourself!

Take control of your life. Decide what you really want -- and go get it . Stop blaming the rest of the world for your frustration and dissatisfaction in life.

Accept the fact that no one is coming to the rescue.

This is YOUR life. Live it ON PURPOSE.

^Peace/Love/Happiness/Respect to `all, from `Space..

^*Above Source from articles on the Web & from things
in my SpaceMind...I hope that it helps someone 4-Sure...

Attached Thumbnails * Ways To Maintain A Positive Attitude *-ego.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 07-20-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Meditation is a good tool to keep your life in order and you dont have to set in a dark room humming to do it. It can be as simple as washing the dishes, cutting the grass or taking a shower. Any task where you can relax your mind works well.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I totally agree. I drive into work and home from work most times without the radio on, its about an hour drive. I think through my day, prioritize what needs to get done that day.
Also durining this drive I reflect on being thankful for the good things that are in my life (Everyone has good things in thier life, some us have to dig deeper than others to find them).

Old 07-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Default "It's all a State of Mind" ~> 4-Sure

Thanks `Lou & `Tadd for your posts & sharing the powers of meditation & how helpful that it can `be in ones life..

I learned meditation growing up on a boat @ sea & spend many hours sitting in the bow of the boat & just rock'in back & fore and dreaming of my life & it's future. I do miss being @ sea and enjoying the adventures.

As I previously posted; I believe everything is just a state of mind, and I believe that the mind controls ones spirit & that the Mind & Spirit controls the Body until they unite into one. I take short Mind breaks to meditate, and it's like a mini reCharge 4 me...

=================================================
Disclaimer: I know that my posts/words are not for everyone, but I just share what has worked for me.
I am not a shrink or a doctor I just play one on the MCF I do hope that some of my thoughts/experiences, words can help others, but that is their choice & yours reading this.
I just share, cause I care & it's the way I was taught during my journey of life by my grandfather & his senior citizens friends....I've been fortunate to have them as my mentor's and share the wisdom that they have gained during their long journey's of their lives..

Peace/Love/Happiness/Respect to the reader of my words..from `Space

Old 07-20-2012, 07:46 AM

"Anything is possible." Yes anything 4-Sure

"My circumstances do not create me, I create my circumstances." ~> So do you...

"The only thing I can control is my attitude towards life" You have the power to control also...

"I always have a choice." & so do YOU !!!

"I choose to live my positive side of life." I hope that the reader of these words can live there life on the positive side ? I find it so much better then the negative side of `life 4-Real-Sure !!!

Last edited by Space; 07-20-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:18 AM

From the Web..The answers are out there somewhere
on the web or space `if one just searches..Don't give `up
How to Be Optimistic

<!--end article_tabs-->

While being skeptical can be a healthy way to avoid getting taken advantage of, being pessimistic - that is, always assuming the worst - can have major negative consequences on your life. Seeing only the negative aspects of any situation can cause you to miss opportunities, neglect problems that need to be solved, and fail to take action that would otherwise improve your relationships and quality of life. In fact, studies show that pessimists are more likely to develop chronic illnesses later on in life than optimists. Optimists look for the light at the end of the tunnel. If you've always had a pessimistic worldview, it can be difficult to shift your focus, but it is possible to start seeing the glass as half full, not half empty. In fact you may come to realize that glasses are in general all full - it's just that gravity tends to attract the more dense liquid material towards the bottom.

1. Let go of the assumption that the world is against you, or that you were born with a gray cloud over your head. It is an assumption that has no basis in reason or science. Sometimes we pick up a flair for pessimism from a parent who made negative assumptions about the world somewhere along the line. Either way, the sooner you can attribute your pessimism to a unique set of circumstances rather than the state of the world itself, the easier it'll be to change your perspective.

2. Understand that the past does not equal the future. Just because you've experienced pain or disappointment in the past does not guarantee that what starts badly will end badly. Do not make a bad start turn into a self fulfilling prophecy for a bad ending.

3. See yourself as a cause, not an effect. You don't have to be a product or a victim of your circumstances. Stop thinking about what is happening to you and start thinking about what you can make happen. If you're not happy with the way your life is now, set goals and move on. Use your past negative experiences to build character and make better decisions. Life involves taking many risks every day, and not all of them will end positively. That's what defines risk. But the flip side is that some actions will lead to good results, and it's generally better to have a mixed bag than to have nothing at all. Ideally, the good stuff will outweigh the bad, but you'll never reach that point unless you put yourself out there and hope.

4. Use positive affirmations. Write down short statements that remind you of what you're trying to change about the way you see the world. Put them in places where you'll see them every day, such as on your bathroom mirror, the inside of your locker, on your computer monitor, and even taped to your shower wall. Some affirmations to start with are:

• "Anything is possible."
    • "My circumstances do not create me, I create my circumstances."
    • "The only thing I can control is my attitude towards life."
    • "I always have a choice."
    • "I choose to live my positive side of life."
  5. Remember that life is short. When you feel pessimism clouding your judgment or you start to feel down about the future, remind yourself that every minute counts, and any time spent brooding guarantees nothing but less time to enjoy whatever life might have to offer. At its core, pessimism is impractical because it causes you to spend time dwelling on things that haven't happened yet and aren't guaranteed to happen, and it prevents you from getting things done. Pessimism breeds indecision. It's a waste of time, and time is a limited resource that you can't afford to take for granted.

6. Be a balanced optimist. Nobody is suggesting that you become an oblivious Pollyanna, pretending that nothing bad can or ever will happen. Doing so can lead to poor decisions and invites people to take advantage of you. Instead, be a rational optimist who takes the good with the bad, in hopes of the good ultimately outweighing the bad, and with the understanding that being pessimistic about everything accomplishes nothing. Prepare for the worst but hope for the best - the former makes you sensible, and the latter makes you an optimist.

Quick Reply: * Ways To Maintain A Positive Attitude *