Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

* MCF Father's *

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default * MCF Father's *

[align=center][/align][align=center]To all the MCF Father's[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]June 17th Sunday[/align][align=center]A reminder to members to honor their dad's[/align][align=center]Hope you send them a card, call, money,[/align][align=center]love, or make a post to honor them.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]______________________________[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Notice to Space-Dad[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Happy Father's Day to you Dad, whoever you are, wherever you are ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You don't know that you are my dad, but remember the girl you met during[/align][align=center]Spring Break at Melbourne Beach, Floridain 1987? Her name was `SunShine.[/align][align=center]The only thing I know about you is that you went to a Major College[/align][align=center]in theNortheast & you have a unique birthmark.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Well, I am the result of your party night with SunShine: ) When I was born, my motherSunShine[/align][align=center]droppedme `off ather dad's,& SunShine disappeared into the night[/align][align=center]and never returned. No more SunShine : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Maybe, she's with you ? If so, say `hi for me & tell her I'm doing great.[/align][align=center]I hope that you are both happy & enjoying life. I am : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I just thought, we might have the same interest in cars & it's a long shot, but[/align][align=center]maybe, you drive a Monte Carlo also& visit this site ?[/align][align=center]Wouldn't that be a trip : ) Stranger things have happened in life ?....[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]PM me, if you would like to talk, or meet someday & go `surf'in : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Happy Father's Day wherever you are - whoever U R : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Members, count your blessings, if you have a good dad.[/align][align=center][/align][align=ce

Old 06-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: *Father's Day Post *

YAY! this is my first fathers day this year too

i think i'm taking my dad golfing for fathers day, not sure yet though

Old 06-13-2007, 05:57 PM

Thanks very much Space. This is fathers day #5 for me!

Old 06-13-2007, 07:13 PM

thanks space. it has been to many to count for foathers days. but I can say i have enjoyed them all for the most part. NO GO BACK TO WORK!!! Damed kids!!!!

LMAO

Old 06-14-2007, 12:47 AM

Fathers day #17 for me being a Dad. I would also like to wish all the fathers here a Happy fathers day! I wish my Dad was still living to be able to spend the day with him.

And on a side note happy Flag Day!

Mike.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:11 AM

Well this is my 23rd fathers day.
I have to say that all 3 of my kids have done great for the most part,

Like a few of you all I wish both my Dad's were still alive
My Dad has been gone since 1984
My second dad (which is my wifes father) died 3 short years ago,

We always at least says thanks to them for leading us in life the way both of them did.

So hats off to you dad's, We are still thankful and thinking about the great times that we had.

May all of the dads out there have a safe FATHERS DAY. If you all travel anywhere may you
have a safe trip to where ever you are going and back home.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:13 AM

ORIGINAL: TrapShooter8

Fathers day #17 for me being a Dad. I would also like to wish all the fathers here a Happy fathers day! I wish my Dad was still living to be able to spend the day with him.

And on a side note happy Flag Day!

Mike.
Thanks `Mike...Happy Father's Day : )

Old 06-14-2007, 06:33 AM

What Is A Dad?
- Anonymous

A Dad is a person
who is loving and kind,
And often he knows
what you have on your mind.

He's someone who listens,
suggests, and defends
A dad can be one
of your very best friends!

He's proud of your triumphs
but when things go wrong
A dad can be patient
and helpful and strong.

In all that you do,
a dad's love plays a part
There's always a place for him
deep in your heart.

And each year that passes
you're even more glad,
More grateful and proud
just to call him your dad!

Thank you, Dad ...
for listening and caring
for giving and sharing
but, especially, for just being you!

Happy Father's Day

Old 06-14-2007, 06:43 AM

[align=center][/align]

Father's Day History

The idea of celebrating "Father's Day" originated in 1909 in Washington, America. Sonora Smart got this idea while listening to a Mother's Day sermon. She thought of a special day to honor her father, William Smart.

William Smart was widowed when his wife died while giving birth to their sixth child. William raised all the six children by himself. When Sonora grew into an adult, she realized the courage and selflessness shown by her father. Sonora's father was born in June, so she decided to celebrate the first Father's Day celebration on 19 June 1910.

President Calvin Coolidge, in 1924, supported the idea of a national Father's Day. The National Father's Day Committee was formed in New York City in 1926. A Joint Resolution of Congress recognized the Father's day in 1956. Then in 1966 President Lyndon Johnson signed a presidential proclamation declaring the 3rd Sunday of June as Father's Day. President Richard Nixon signed the law, which finally made it permanent in 1972
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]

Remembering You Dad
- Anonymous

Days are gone when I measured my height
By standing by your side
Days are gone, when I tried to follow
Your steps, your manners, your stride
These are the days when dear daddy
I want to tell you already
You have been a special mentor
And a very special friend
And a very very special Dad
Forever, till the end.
[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]
Fathers Are Wonderful People
- Helen Steiner Rice

Fathers are wonderful people Too little understood,
And we do not sing their praises
As often as we should...

For, somehow, Father seems to be
The man who pays the bills,
While Mother binds up little hurts
And nurses all our ills...

And Father struggles daily
To live up to "his image"
As protector and provider
And "hero of the scrimmage"...

And perhaps that is the reason
We sometimes get the notion,
That Fathers are not subject
To the thing we call emotion,

But if you look inside Dad's heart,
Where no one else can see
You'll find he's sentimental
And as "soft" as he can be...

But he's so busy every day
In the grueling race of life,
He leaves the sentimental stuff
To his partner and his wife...

But Fathers are just wonderful
In a million different ways,
And they merit loving compliments
And accolades of praise,

For the only reason Dad aspires
To fortune and success
Is to make the family proud of him
And to bring them happiness...

And like Our Heavenly Father,
He's a guardian and a guide,
Someone that we can count on
To be always on our side.
[align=center][/align]

[align=center]
[hr]
[/align]

Copy above &send to your `father
[/align]

[/align]

Old 06-14-2007, 06:34 PM

[align=center]Member's, the below link contains several `free[/align][align=center]E-mail Father's Day Cards.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Check them out & send one to[/align][align=center]your dad `if he has an email address : )[/align][align=center]If not, send it to yourself &[/align][align=center]print it out for him : )[/align][align=center][:-]Click on Card to Send[:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center][:-]Click below link to see more [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.123greetings.com/events/f...y_fathers_day/[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wherever U R[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You jumped into your Super Sport Monte Carlo and just left me behind, & it was [/align][align=center]my turn to drive. Did you really 4-get me ?[/align][align=center]I hope you get my card & my message![/align][align=center]I'll just be waiting here for you to return.[/align][align=center]Oh Dad, did you leave me any food ?[/align][align=center]Thanks, for leav'in the TV on, but where's [/align][align=center]the remote ?[/align][align=center][/align]

Quick Reply: * MCF Father's *