Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Are you a Classic Car Lover ?
Yes, & I have a Classic Car & will post about it!
47.37%
Yes, I hope to get a Classic car in my future (I will post what I want 2 get)
42.11%
No, I can't afford one & don't know how to work on cars : (
5.26%
No I'm not, & don't want a Classic..I want a new ? (I will post what I want-dream about)
5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

* Classic Cars + Advantages *

Old 02-06-2013, 05:18 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up * Classic Cars + Advantages *

Classic Cars and Their Advantages

Older cars, known also as vintage cars or classic cars, make a popular choice for car lovers. To the true classic car lover, there’s just nothing like a vintage car. As any classic car enthusiast will testify, there are certain advantages to owning a classic car.
Financial Advantages

First, and for some people foremost, restorable classic cars are inexpensive. Finding these hidden gems is part of the fun of owning classic cars. Many people who own old cars consider them junk or beaters, and are glad to have someone take them away. Online car auctions and newspaper classifieds are great places to find old cars in need of recovery. Used car lots also sometimes have classic cars sitting on the lot in fair or poor condition, ready for a classic car enthusiast to buy them, take them home and bring them back to their previous glory.

Classic cars, which start out as an inexpensive investment, become a very profitable investment for those who wish to sell the car at some point. New cars are notorious for their depreciation. Classic cars, restored and functioning, appreciate in value. Whether the car is purchased as an investment or as a ride, the increase in value is always welcome.
Technical Knowledge

Classic car aficionados who restore their own cars, or do some or most of the work, get to know the car and how it runs. They recognize a problem before it escalates and understand what their car is doing and why. Odd sounds or difficult handling will send recognizable signals to the owner.
Car Show

Relationships

Owning a classic car creates new relationships. Car restorers invariably find that neighbors appear magically once the car arrives. Some may have questions about the restoration. Others will be curious about the car make and model. Others may have some advice on car restoration to offer, whether or not they’ve ever restored a car themselves. Car clubs and conventions are also good ways to get to know other car collectors and develop new friendships.

Driving a Cool Car

The biggest advantage to owning a classic car is the ownership. Once the car is restored and on the road, the cool factor kicks in. The main reason many enthusiasts want a classic car is to have a great vehicle to drive around. The work and time involved in restoring the car are made worthwhile by having a beautiful and unique car to show off and enjoy. Classic car owners enjoy the entire process, but perhaps the most satisfying moments are when another driver at a stop light rolls down the window to ask about the car the owner so lovingly restored.

Clearly there are significant advantages to restoring and owning a classic car. Asked why they want to restore and own vintage cars, many car lovers will give an answer something like because they can. This is a better reason to own or collect classic cars than many reasons for doing other things. Knowing the specific advantages of owning vintage cars, enthusiasts can now give a more complete answer when asked why they do what they do.

Classic cars are inexpensive and increase dramatically in value once restored and drivable. Restoring a car gives the owner unique insights and information about how the car runs and drives, and makes maintaining the car easier. A classic car is a great way to meet other car lovers and develop new friendships. Having a cool ride is worth all the effort.

Faced with these answers, most people who didn’t understand the appeal of owning classic cars will begin to grasp why car enthusiasts fall in love with these old cars. In essence, the relationship with the car is the point of the whole enterprise.

Last edited by Space; 11-16-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:10 AM

I'd love to have a classic like the below ones

Last edited by Space; 11-15-2014 at 04:20 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

If I were to own another classic car I think I'd like it to be a '51 Henry J Corsair. I had the chance to purchase one several years ago but came up a day late and a dollar short. It's the one vehicle I regret letting slip away.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:24 AM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I love classic cars.They tend to have a lot more personality than newer cars.
I have two now.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
If I were to own another classic car I think I'd like it to be a '51 Henry J Corsair. I had the chance to purchase one several years ago but came up a day late and a dollar short. It's the one vehicle I regret letting slip away.

Hi `Mike, I had to do a search to see what a Henry `J looked like ?

Would you make yours like the below one ?

I always keep learning more about older rides on the MCF
Thanks `Mike & Member's

Old 02-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by Space

Would you make yours like the below one ?

I always keep learning more about older rides on the MCF
Thanks `Mike & Member's
I wouldn't go that extreme...it would be built as a street rod. Tilt nose, rack-n-pinion front suspension, SBC/TH350/9", etc.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:21 AM

Thanks `Mike for your reply...I hope that your Classic auto dreams come true 4-Sure

When I was drag racing my Honda Del Sol, I seen one of the below @ the strip & it was super awesome fast...It was Chevy Powered...It was the original steel body & not a fiberglass body.
It looked beautiful & Won !
It was like the below (WoW) do they hold their value $
  • Price:$119,900
  • Engine:Gasoline
  • Body Style:Coupe
  • Miles:96
  • Interior Color:Tan
  • Exterior Color:Strawberry Metallic

Description

Parked at the front of our colorful showroom in all its subdued red glory, this awesome ****** is one of those cars that takes multiple looks to truly appreciate. That subdued red paint, which is actually a very dynamic factory Ford color that goes by the name Strawberry Metallic, was sprayed on one section at a time and then covered with three layers of clearcoat to ensure both quality and durability. Those carefully formed sections have been detailed to the point that no ‘raw’ fiberglass is visible from any angle of the car. And that straight and smooth fiberglass was molded, laminated and accessorized to replicate an original ****** as exactly as possible. Today, with roughly 100 miles on its complete build, this one-of-a-kind street rod sits as a fully-sorted throwback to exactly what made these cars so admired and so unforgettable. Under the car’s hood you’ll find a pavement pounding Corvette V8 that’s been fine-tuned to 388 horsepower and 396 ft./lb. of torque by the experts at Maryland Performance. That storied small block engine is backed by a proven Borg Warner T10 4-speed transmission which spins power through an awesome checkered driveshaft to a familiar Ford nine inch rear end and stout 3.50 gears. And keeping all the car’s muscle rolling down the road is a slick set of 15 inch E/T wheels, ten spokes up front and fuelies out back, which wear 195/65 Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring and 255/70 General Ameri-G4S respectively. Built around a modern split bench seat that’s equipped with original, refurbished SCTA seat belts, this stunning cockpit wraps its occupants in a combination of Pecan Tan leather surfaces, Almond leather accents and hand-formed stainless trim.Few cars of this nature can truly back up their looks with astounding performance, but this ****** definitely has what it takes. The question then becomes: when will you ever find another ****** that’s this detailed and correct? Call, click or visit RK Motors Charlotte | Classic and Collector Cars for Sale today!

Similar Cars

Old 02-06-2013, 07:30 AM

Garage:RK Motors Charlotte
  • Price:$109,900
  • Engine:Gasoline
  • Body Style:Hardtop
  • Miles:238
  • Interior Color:Black
  • Exterior Color:Black
Description

If your looking for a first-gen F-body with more attitude than most, take a closer look at this killer '69 Camaro. Fresh out of a full restoration, the car's classic lines have been massaged and sprayed with a glossy coat of black paint. The spray work is first rate and accented by a set of white stripes borrowed from the Motion Phase III cars. Those stripes slide across the fiberglass stinger hood and high rise rear spoiler, giving the car a nasty demeanor. From the classic Rally Sport grille with hideaway headlights to the clean stainless and glass, all the details are in place and looking pristine. Under the hood, those Motion stripes are matched by big block power in the form of a GM 454cid V8 with F.A.S.T fuel injection, Edelbrock intake manifold and Skip White alumninum heads. From the aluminum radiator to the MSD ignition box, the bay is filled with go-fast goodies. The car starts on the first try and sounds awesome through headers that connect to a dual exhaust system. Behind the motor, a fresh Tremec T56 six-speed manual transmission allows full control of the 454 before sending the power out to a 12-bolt Eaton Posi-equipped rear with 3.42 gears. A full Detroit Speed front end kit and Quadralink rear keep the car firmly planted while power steering and four-wheel disc brakes make the most of driver input. Budnik wheels with BFG rubber round out the look. Inside, a deluxe black interior has been updated with Autometer gauges, air conditioning and fourth-gen Camaro bucket seats for the best of all worlds.

Read more

<table class="TableBasic InventoryList"><tbody><tr class="GeneralInfo"><td class="CellPhoto">Most Viewed91

</td><td class="CellPrice">$109,900</td><td class="CellName">1969ChevroletCamaroCamaro RS/SS Phase III Pro Touring FAST 454 6 SpeedOwner:RK Motors Charlotte</td><td class="CellColor">BlackBlack238 mi</td><td class="CellCity" noWrap="">Charlotte, NC,
United States

</td></tr><tr class="MiscInfo"><td colSpan="5"></td></tr><tr class="GeneralInfo"><td class="CellPhoto">7

</td><td class="CellPrice">$15,000</td><td class="CellName">1969ChevroletCamaroOwner:Skeets Garage</td><td class="CellColor"></td><td class="CellCity" noWrap="">Lancaster, TX,
United States

</td></tr><tr class="MiscInfo"><td colSpan="5"></td></tr><tr class="GeneralInfo"><td class="CellPhoto">Most Viewed96

</td><td class="CellPrice">$89,900</td><td class="CellName">1969ChevroletCamaroFrame Off Built Camaro Z/28 Pro Touring LS2 V8 6 SpeedOwner:RK Motors Charlotte</td><td class="CellColor">Lemans BlueBlack2 mi</td><td class="CellCity" noWrap="">Charlotte, NC,
United States

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 02-06-2013, 07:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have the 68 Camaro. Love how easy they are to work on, and truthfully, it's so easy to get parts for it.

Name:  IMG-20121123-00007.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  162.9 KB

Name:  IMG-20120512-00094.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  130.6 KB

Old 02-06-2013, 07:35 AM

Hi `Mike, thanks for posting your Camaro...It's amazing what they are worth...You are a lucky man 4-Sure...
Look forward to your future posts when the weather improves & you get to get out on the highways or maybe take it to the track & get some #'s

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: * Classic Cars + Advantages *