Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

**please read and consider donating to help this child**

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Exclamation **please read and consider donating to help this child**

**PLEASE READ AND CONSIDER DONATING TO HELP THIS CHILD AND HIS FAMILY!!**

CAI Inc. believes in giving back when possible, and sometimes we can use our connections and online affiliations to help others. We recently seen this heart wrenching story on one of the forums we sponsor, hopefully some of you are able to help, every little bit adds up.

Thanks and please share this with others!

http://www.gofundme.com/1b58y4
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Old 10-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for posting Bill!

Old 10-11-2012, 09:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Thank you for spreading the word on this. Looks like that family could really use the help in such tough times. Unfortunate, that I couldn't help much but in these situations, anything helps and I'm sure it won't take long for them to reach or exceed that goal with generous people spreading the message.

Just a small side note: I noticed that GoFundMe.com collects a 5% fee on each donation. The site looks like a great way to raise money from all over the world, and I understand it cannot be a free service, but do you know of any way to donate directly to the family without them paying any fees through a website? Not trying to be completely nit-picky but I'm sure there are some people who will find this that would love to help out in other ways besides financially, if there is a need for anything aside from money.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:35 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Thank you for spreading the word on this. Looks like that family could really use the help in such tough times. Unfortunate, that I couldn't help much but in these situations, anything helps and I'm sure it won't take long for them to reach or exceed that goal with generous people spreading the message.

Just a small side note: I noticed that GoFundMe.com collects a 5% fee on each donation. The site looks like a great way to raise money from all over the world, and I understand it cannot be a free service, but do you know of any way to donate directly to the family without them paying any fees through a website? Not trying to be completely nit-picky but I'm sure there are some people who will find this that would love to help out in other ways besides financially, if there is a need for anything aside from money.
Good question Justin. I'm with you on that one. I know the website needs to pay the bills and all. But it would be nice if we could make the donation directly to the family somehow. Or at least if GoFundMe.com collected a flat fee instead of a percentage.

Still a good cause though.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:34 AM

Hi Bill & thanks for giving back & also for your thread.

I hope that many can help this child in need I commend all that can assist others with problems.

I personally have to many in my life that are in need that I help with my donations. It's sad that there are so many that need help in our country, our world . I'm thankful that there are avenues to get attention to encourage those that can help to give what they can... Thank You!

Last edited by Space; 10-12-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Good question Justin. I'm with you on that one. I know the website needs to pay the bills and all. But it would be nice if we could make the donation directly to the family somehow. Or at least if GoFundMe.com collected a flat fee instead of a percentage.

Still a good cause though.
If you want to donate directly to the family semail me at bhylton@coldairinductions.com and I can provide you with their bank info to send money direct. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Space
Hi Bill & thanks for giving back & also for your thread.

I hope that many can help this child in need I commend all that can assist others with problems.

I personally have to many in my life that are in need that I help with my donations. It's sad that there are so many that need help in our country, our world . I'm thankful that there are avenues to get attention to encourage those that can help to give what they can... Thank You!
Thanks, there is definitely a lot of people in need out there.