Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

**Moon Over Monte Carlo ** Pictures ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question **Moon Over Monte Carlo ** Pictures ?

Hi Member's
Does any of our member's have any pictures of
their Monte Carlo taken under the Moon ?

If you do please post & share
( we will have a contest & have member's
pick their favorite picture)

This week there will be a Super Moon WoW
I hope our Photo Experts gets the chance
to take a few night pic's of their Monte Carlo's.
If you can't, try 2 get out @ night &
look `up into the Sky ~ EnJoy

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Spaceonmsnbc.com

"Moon Over Monte Carlo"

Skywatcher Tim McCord of Entiat, Wash., caught this amazing view of the March 19, 2011 full moon - called a supermoon because the moon was at perigee, the closest point to Earth in its orbit - using a camera-equipped telescope.

updated <ABBR style="DISPLAY: inline" class="dtstamp updated" title=2012-04-30T19:23:36>1 hour 28 minutes ago 4/30/ </ABBR>2012
<!---Print--->
Skywatchers take note: The biggest full moon of the year is due to arrive this weekend.
The moon will officially become full Saturday at 11:35 p.m. EDT. And because this month's full moon coincides with the moon's perigee — its closest approach to Earth — it will also be the year's biggest.
The moon will swing in 221,802 miles (356,955 kilometers) from our planet, offering skywatchers a spectacular view of an extra-big, extra-bright moon, nicknamed a supermoon.
And not only does the moon's perigee coincide with the full moon this month, but this perigee will be the nearest to Earth of any this year, as the distance of the moon's close approach varies by about 3 percent, according to meteorologist Joe Rao, Space.com's skywatching columnist. This happens because the moon's orbit is not perfectly circular.
<IFRAME height=405 src="http://assets1d.msnbc.msn.com/rendering/document/47235325/Default/IFrame" frameBorder=0 width=650 scrolling=no></IFRAME>
^^^^Above is a great vid 2 view `if you want 2 see & learn more ^^
(***May 5th, 2012 is the date the Moon is the largest***)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
This month's full moon is due to be about 16 percent brighter than average. In contrast, later this year on Nov. 28, the full moon will coincide with apogee, the moon's farthest approach, offering a particularly small and dim full moon.
Though the unusual appearance of this month's full moon may be surprising to some, there's no reason for alarm, scientists warn. The slight distance difference isn't enough to cause any earthquakes or extreme tidal effects, experts say.
However, the normal tides around the world will be particularly high and low. At perigee, the moon will exert about 42 percent more tidal force than it will during its next apogee two weeks later, Rao said.
Perigee will be the nearest to Earth of any this year, so it will be living large

2. Look 4ward to seeing some pictures...
  3. Get out this week & take a few pic's of your Monte Carlo

Attached Thumbnails **Moon Over Monte Carlo ** Pictures ?-moonspace.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 05-01-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:40 PM

Isn't it just Amaz'in what you will find when you
click a `Space Thread
I really hope you can find the time to get out & enjoy
the beauty of the night.
I really hope a few member's take some night/moon
pictures of their Monte

Wish everyone a Super Eve
EnJoy `life
4-Sure
What
if
?

Old 04-30-2012, 04:48 PM

Two reasons why this will never happen for me:

1) I don't have a high res camera to catch the moon (other than being a faint dot in the sky)
2) no one would ever be able to see any part of my car

Old 04-30-2012, 05:06 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by milrlyt
Two reasons why this will never happen for me:

1) I don't have a high res camera to catch the moon (other than being a faint dot in the sky)
2) no one would ever be able to see any part of my car
that is so true but gotta love the black on black

Old 04-30-2012, 05:09 PM

LoL, a faint `dot in the sky....Here on the Spacecoast it's like you can almost reach `out & touch it (& I'm not smok'in anything or doing any mind altering drugs)..I get 2 high enough on `life 4 & `if I did any drugs or drank I would feel like I was going 2 fall `off the planet lol)

I don't have a camera, but hope 2 get one with the phone I'm going 2 get...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Space; 04-30-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:02 AM

Hi EveryBody,
I'm just trying to fill in some empty spaces on the MCF to create some activity...

Did anyone see the Moon last eve ? Did anyone take any pictures ? The guy below did

Ancient myths and stories regarding the moon!

A Sudanese tradition, from the Silouk tribe, states that in the ancient times people use to visit the moon by a certain steep road; however they later got tired and stopped climbing it.
Certain Indian manuscripts state that the Greek gods fought against the inhabitants of the moon and its allies. Greek philosophers knew a great deal about the moon. Socrates described it as being a great hollow sphere, where in its core seas, land and people inhabited it, just like on planet earth.

Plutarch and Diogenes Laertius explain what God Orpheus, the son of Apollo, believed about the moon; "the moon has mountains, towns and homes, the surface is similar to that of the earth's and is inhabited by godly beings". Orpheus was aware of the lunar calendar of 12 months and the lunar phases. He talked about the rotation of earth around the sun, the different zones of our planet, the moon eclipses, the solstices, equinoxes, the movements of the planets. He believed that the moon inhabitants moved from one planet to the next.

According to some myths numerous figures from ancient Greece visited or travelled around the moon, including God Dionysus, Hercules and many more. Apollo's sister, Artemis (Diana) was once Queen of the moon. Pythagoras, according to one story, believed that the moon was inhabited by Godly beings, similar to the humans. He even claimed that the day is 15 hours longer on the moon. The godly beings on the moon are taller than the humans, blonde and very beautiful. All of Pythagoras' knowledge derives from these beings, with whom he came into constant contact.

In 1950 in a Mayan temple in Mexico researchers found a map of the Far Side of the Moon, which proved quite accurate, compared with the first official mappings brought by the space program (7.10.1959).

Old 05-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

It's the wrong time of year for me to get a pic of the Monte with the Moon as a backdrop. By the time it's dark enough to see the Moon it's too high in the sky to capture.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
It's the wrong time of year for me to get a pic of the Monte with the Moon as a backdrop. By the time it's dark enough to see the Moon it's too high in the sky to capture.

Thanks `Mike for your post. I hope that you can take some pictures at the right time
Taking a Photography course is on my dream list...

Diana Ross - Reach Out And Touch [with lyrics] - YouTube
^
Reach `Out & Touch

Last edited by Space; 05-01-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space i will as soon as the Deuce is cleaned up sound like a good Idea

Old 05-01-2012, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Space i will as soon as the Deuce is cleaned up sound like a good Idea

Hi Tadd,
This Saturday, May 5th is when the Moon will
appear large. I'm not a Photo Tech, but I've
seen some beautiful night shots of some
super auto's...I know we have several
member's that can take some awesome
night shots 4-Sure.
Your Deuce looks awesome in the daylight,
but I think it would also look Super/Super
in some night shot's.
I hope that you & our member's can
take a few eve pic's & post.
Thanks for your words & Good Luck
on getting your Deuce the way you
want it 2 be

Quick Reply: **Moon Over Monte Carlo ** Pictures ?