Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

***Rules and Tips for the Calendar contest***

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90

I don't care much for the the GM plant ones. I like the last two out of those four but the first one needs more color and the 2nd one is too intense with the color.

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Arghh & then my b/f says that he likes this one the most so idk which one to choose =( this is a lot more difficult then what I thought it was gonna be lol I mean I like this one too but it kinda bothers me that this isn't up to date on my mods & all =/
Well out of all the pictures you sent me as options this one remains to stand out as a good "calendar" picture in my mind. It's simple and looks good without even being edited.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

In this one I don't like the shadow or the garbage cans in the background. I agree the color balance works and the flag looks cool.

My pic isn't totally current either (no roof rails!) but it's probably the only photo I got without visble Budweiser logos

Last edited by JuniorCar; 09-15-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar

In this one I don't like the shadow or the garbage cans in the background. I agree the color balance works and the flag looks cool.

My pic isn't totally current either (no roof rails!) but it's probably the only photo I got without visble Budweiser logos
Just my personal opinion, but I don't think that one works on a number of levels.

First, it's missing a number of things that have been added to the car since that picture was taken. Brittany, you already mentioned this. Plus, your licence plate pretty much stands out. That would be fine if you had a specialty/personalized plate. But a standard plate just takes attention away from the rest of the car.

Second, the power lines and utility poles. In that particular picture, the powerlines and utility poles just don't look good. If I was to use that picture for a calendar, I would photoshop them out.

Third, and very minor point is the shadow JuniorCar mentioned.

Fourth, the color. Or lack of good color. As a full color picture, it leaves much to be desired. What I would do is keep the flag and car in full color, and make the rest black & white.

If you look at a variety of car calendars, you tend to see pictures with rich, vivid colors. In my opinion, dull or soft colors don't work in a car calendar. Keep the soft colors for puppy calendars or any of those artsy-fartsy calendars of balloons and such.

Personally, I like the last picture in the group of four on the previous page. The one with your car from the front passenger corner with the motel behind it. The vivid colors of the red rood and the blue sky really look nice.

I do have to admit that the first picture you posted from behind looked kinda cool with the skid mark. Gave a feeling of speed. Like you just pulled out, and are speeding away as the picture was taken.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Hmm you all make valid points. The check for my license plate just went through yesterday so hopefully I'll get it soon =) soooo excited! That one withe the marks would be perfect if I have my personalized plates on it (Spin3M). Idk but I gotta chose by tomorrow while I'm at school so I can send it after class before I go to work =/

Old 09-15-2010, 07:02 PM

This are my favorites of mine.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:48 AM

Mk does this pic look better then the original? I tried to edit it with the 10 min I had before class lol

Old 09-16-2010, 01:28 PM

Awww I'm trying to load the picture & the website isn't pulling up =( I was reallyyyy needing to get it uploaded before I left school today but hopefully my internet at home won't be dumb tonight to where I can upload it or I guess I'lll be going to McD's or someplace to use their WiFi =/

Old 09-16-2010, 01:45 PM

I think there's a problem with the servers, I can't pull up the website either

Quick Reply: ***Rules and Tips for the Calendar contest***