Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

*** Video's How to Do `it : ) ***

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 11:21 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: *** Video's How to Do `it : ) ***

Oregon has full service gas stations? Cause they feel people aren't smart enough to pump their own gas? (not that I can't agree with a lot of that)

I've seen people overfill their tank and spill a huge amount of gasoline on the ground before. With all the hazmat regulations in force today this usually means a visit by the fire department to "Clean up the spill."
(or spread floor dry)

Old 08-19-2007, 04:04 AM
Default RE: *** Video's How to Do `it : ) ***

ORIGINAL: rj

Oregon has full service gas stations? Cause they feel people aren't smart enough to pump their own gas? (not that I can't agree with a lot of that)

I've seen people overfill their tank and spill a huge amount of gasoline on the ground before. With all the hazmat regulations in force today this usually means a visit by the fire department to "Clean up the spill."
(or spread floor dry)

If the spill is more than 3 gallons hazmat has to be called to clean up. If it is less than 3 gallons, we get to clean it up. Gas stations have spill clean up kits.

BTW, its mini-serve at 90% of the stations in Oregon. By mini-serve we mean pump the gas for you and maybe wash your window (most people do their own windows anyway, lol). Some stations will check your oil or tire pressure if you ask them to. But if you ever visit a Fred Meyer gas station, all we can do is pump your gas. Because of insurance liabilities we can't check or add any fluid to your engine or air to your tires. I don't do windows anymore because the last time I did, the guy got pissed because I accidently got some water on him.