Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

*** Friendships ***

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 06:10 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile *** Friendships ***

Hi Member's,
I wish you true, loyal friends on your journey of life. A true friend is like a good Monte Carlo that's loyal & always there for you.. If you care for your Monte Carlo & care for your friend(s) > They both will be there for `you! 4-Sure!
"You can't choose your family, but you can choose your `friends" > Choose wisely 4-Real..

I believe friends are more precious then `Gold. What is your definition of a `friend ? Please post/share..Thank You
  • Anyone can give advice, but a real friend will lend a helping hand.
  • Be more prompt to go to a friend in adversity than in prosperity. (Chilo)
  • Being with you is one of my favorite things to do.
  • The best antiques to collect are old friends.
  • Blessings come in many ways, the nicest come as friends.
  • Count you age by friends, not years.
  • Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends.
  • Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. (Richard Bach)
  • Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
  • Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. (Anais Nin)
  • Even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you . . . you will find the strength to help.
  • Every good friend once was a stranger.
  • A faithful friend is a source of strength; whoever finds one has found a treasure. (Sirach 6:14)
  • A friend accepts us as we are yet helps us to be what we should.
  • A friend in need is a friend indeed.
  • A friend is a gift you give yourself. (Robert Louis Stevenson)
  • A friend is someone who chooses you out of a whole world of people
  • A friend is someone who does things that count, but never stops to count them.
  • A friend is a person who knows your sensitive spots but will never poke you there.
  • A friend is a person who listens attentively while you say nothing.
  • A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. (Douglas Pagels)
  • A friend is somebody you want to be around when you feel like being by yourself.
  • A friend is someone who is really glad when you succeed.
  • A friend is someone who knows who you are, understands where you've been, accepts who you have become and still gently invites you to grow.
  • A friend is someone who loves you anyway.
  • A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you today.
  • A friend is someone whose smile helps when the roads are rough and long.
  • A friend is someone you can do nothing with and really enjoy it.
  • A friend is someone you can trade secrets with and never worry.
  • A friend is the one who is already there doing it when every one else is saying, "Is there anything I can do?"
  • A friend is what the heart needs all the time.
  • A friend loveth at all times. (Proverbs 17:17)
  • A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature.(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
  • A friend means well, even when he hurts you. But when an enemy puts his hand round your shoulder--watch out! (Proverbs 27:6)
  • The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away. (Barbara Kingsolver)
  • Friends are a lot like the sun--dependable and warm, and they brighten your day.
  • Friends are like wine; they get better with age.
  • Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.
  • Friends are the family we find along the way.
  • Friends are the umbrellas in the storms of life.
  • Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer. (Ed Cunningham)
  • Friends are those who've heard the worst about us, yet refuse to believe it.
  • Friends aren't jumper cables. You don't throw them into the trunk and pull them out for emergencies. (Charlie Krueger)
  • A friend's eye is a good mirror. (Irish Proverb)
  • Friends know the art of giving the heart.
  • Friends make memories. The heart preserves them.
  • Friends pick you up when the world lets you down.
  • Friendship is a strong and habitual inclination in two persons to promote the good and happiness of one another. (Eustace Budgell)
  • Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity. (Kahlil Gibran)
  • Friendship is God's special way of loving us through someone else.
  • Friendship is like a bank account. You can't continue to draw on it without making deposits!
  • Friendship is not a big thing--its a million little things.
  • Friendship is one mind in two bodies.
  • Friendship is telling someone what they don't have the courage to tell themselves.
  • Friendship is the allay of our sorrows, the ease of our passions, the discharge of our oppressions, the sanctuary to our calamities, the counselor of our doubts, the clarity of our minds.
  • Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. Its not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything. (Muhammad Ali)
  • Friendship is the thread that ties all hearts together.
  • Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art . . . It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. (C. S. Lewis)
  • Friendship isn't a big thing--it's a million little things.
  • Friendship requires compromise without feeling compromised.
  • Friendship must never be buried under the weight of misunderstanding.
  • Friendship--the loving acceptance of another's uniqueness.
  • A good friend is a connection to life--a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world. (Lois Wyse)
  • Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:13)
  • Heart strings are the bows that tie the gift of friendship.
  • An honest answer is the sign of true friendship. (Proverbs 24:26)
  • I didn't always have friends so I am careful to take care of them. (Loretta Claiborn, Special Olympics athlete)
  • I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better. (Plutarch)
  • If you can buy a person's friendship, it is not worth it. 4-$ure
  • It is not so much our friends' help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us. (Epicurus)
  • It takes a long time to grow old friends.
  • It takes a lot of time, understanding, and trust to gain a close friendship with someone. My friends are my most precious asset. (Erynn Miller)
  • It's not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts.
  • Judgment and fear makes strangers out of people who should be friends.(Cameron Koo)
  • Keep a fair-sized cemetery in your back yard, in which to bury the faults of your friends.
  • The language of friendship is not words, but meaning. It is intelligence above language. (Henry David Thoreau)
  • Laughter, acceptance, love...these are the things I think of whenever I think of you, my friend.
  • Life's hard journey can be endured if we travel hand in hand.
  • Listening is just as important as talking.
  • Magic is when two friends walk in opposite directions but still stay side by side.
  • Many a person has held close, throughout their entire lives, two friends that always remained strange to one another, because one of them attracted by virtue of similarity, the other by difference. (Emil Ludwig)
  • Many joys come and go but friendship is forever.
  • That life is good and friends are kind!
  • The most I can do for my friend is simply to be his friend. I have no wealth to bestow on him. If he knows that I am happy in loving him, he will want no other reward. Is not friendship divine in this? (Henry David Thoreau)

I hope that the above make you think about your
friend(s) ?...Maybe you can give them a call, or maybe they will call you.
Above is just a reminder to me, and to `all to be thankful & appreciate the friends that are in your `Life...

Your turn to post your meaning of friendship, or what you expect from a friend, or your story of friendship...Thank You!

Last edited by Space; 10-05-2013 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Thank You 4 being a `Friend : )
Old 09-03-2012, 06:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

A lot of Monte Carlo owners i have met at car shows and on forums have become good friends !

"Friends don't care how long you have known them, only how much they care" - Joe Simpson (Mountain Climber)

Last edited by MnteCrloSS47; 09-03-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:20 AM

Thanks `Devin to be the first to post & sharing your words.

I'm really thankful to have my beach bum friends. They are my chosen family. I don't know if I have brothers or sisters, but I sure know that I have true friends. I miss being with them everyday, but when we do get 2gether we treasure that time 4-Sure.

I think friends are one of the best investments that a person can make in their life. I hope this thread reminds the readers of their friends & to get in contact with them

* Member's, what is your favorite `Friendshp quote from above ?

Old 09-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good thread Space.

I have a few friends here in Michigan but they are good ones.

My brother-in-laws are friends in some ways and my wife is certainly my best friend. MCF has given me friends too.

A friend will tell me when I go astray

A friend will comfort me when I am down

A friend will allow me to comfort them and not get mad when I tell them they have gone astray.

A friend will be happy with me when good things come into my life

A friend does not have to come around often but when they do it is a joy

Belive it or not I concider the Deuce a friend too. She comforts me when I am down and excites me when I am happy.

I haven't seen face to face a lot of members here but many here are my friend. I wish we could have one gigantic meet somewhere some day.

Last edited by Tadcaster; 09-03-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:31 AM

Thanks `Tadd, you are a very Rich `Man when you have `True Friends in your `life...Yes, I believe a Monte Carlo can be a True Friend 4-Sure..It maybe a material possession, but it can be like a friendship ie: `if you take good care of your Monte, your Monte can & will take care of you

Thank You for sharing...I EnJoyed 4-Sure

I've learned that many may say that they are your friends or want to be your friend, but they do not act their words. "They don't walk their talk"...they are just empty words...I find this very sad...I keep learning as I travel my journey of life...Some lessons are harder then others...I hope I'm learning to not repeat the bad lessons again....Peace/out

Last edited by Space; 09-03-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

My wife is my best friend too. She is who i spend most of my free time with.
I have had one of my best friends since 7th grade. We still get together at least once a week.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
My wife is my best friend too. She is who i spend most of my free time with.
I have had one of my best friends since 7th grade. We still get together at least once a week.

`Lou, you are a lucky man to have your wife as your best `friend , so many don't & their wife seems to be their worst enemy I believe one true friend is more valuable then a thousand untrue `friends 4-Sure...

Wish everyone true/good friends in `life 4-Sure Life would be so sad & lonely without a friend(s) 4-Real...

Thanks Member's for your post/words

Old 09-10-2013, 03:44 AM
Smile U got 2 have `Friends in life 4-Sure

Old 10-02-2013, 08:19 AM

Meet New `Friends on the MCF
Make a post & say `Hi > How R U ?
"Be Good 2 Yourself & others"
Celebrate `Life
EnJoy

Click below & sing along