Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

*** Car Magazines & Sites + Featured 4th Gen Monte S.S. ***

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow *** Car Magazines & Sites + Featured 4th Gen Monte S.S. ***

Hi Member's,
Below is a list of Auto Magazine Sites for you to check out ?
What is your favorite Magazine or web site ?
If yours isn't listed below, please add it to this thread...Thank You

Car Magazines and News Sites

Car Magazines and News Sites
Autoextremist
Critical commentary on news and developments in the auto industry.
Automobile
Magazine featuring news, road tests, car buying and leasing guide, live auto show coverage, and more.
Automobile Quarterly
Features significant antique automobile marques and biographies of famous personalities in automotive history.
Automotive
New and used car buyer's guide and a US nationwide cheap gas price finder tool.
Automotive Intelligence
Information for automotive business professionals - news, company profiles, marketing and sales data, more.
Automotive News
In-depth coverage of the automotive industry with special features for subscribers.
Automotive Traveler
Magazine, providing information for automotive traveling fans in US.
AutoReport
Analysis on news and developments in the automotive industry.
AutoSpeed
Australian magazine dedicated to high performance cars. Includes news, reviews, features, technical information, and galleries.
AutoWeek
Car magazine with auto news, reviews, motorsports information, tests, blogs, pics, and other auto industry-related content.
BBC Top Gear
Car website featuring blogs, exclusive clips and behind-the-scenes video from the show and car reviews for every new car on sale in the UK.
Brake & Front End
Undercar service magazine.
Car and Driver
Popular car magazine providing automotive reviews and comparison information, as well as the vehicle road tests.
Car Design News
Automotive design industry news, coverage of major auto shows and design exhibitions.
Car Insurance
Educational information related to cars, car culture and driving safety.
Car Today
South African magazine offering daily news, new car prices, specifications, road tests, and more.
CarJake.com
Find articles and car stories from all around the web.
Cavallino Magazine
Ferrari publication includes subscription information and sample articles.
Classic American
UK magazine about American classic cars with news and events listings.
eMercedesBenz
Online magazine dedicated to covering the latest Mercedes-Benz news, information and rumors.
European Car
Magazine features everything you want to know about the best in several European makes: VW, Porsche, Benz, Audi, Ferrari, Jaguar, BMW & more.
EV World
Covers eco-friendly world of electric cars, hybrids, plug-in hybrids, and hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles.
GoAuto
Australia's leading independent automotive editorial web site.
Green Hybrid
Get the latest information on top selling hybrid models, compare mileage and find used hybrid cars near you.
Hot Rod
Oldest magazine devoted to hot rodding. Featuring editorial, feature stories, pictures, and technical articles.
Import Tuner
Magazine for import car tuning, gallery of import model girls and technical articles.
Italia Speed
News from Italian auto industry, new model and concept car releases, spy shots & latest industry rumours.
Modern Racer
Performance car buying guide - reviews, photos, auto show coverage, and more.
Motor Age
Technical magazine covering automotive service industry for owners, managers and professional service technicians and mechanics.
Motor Trend
Car magazine featuring pricing guides, reviews of the latest cars and trucks plus photography detailing the current styles and trends in the automotive industry.
Mustang Works
Ford Mustang site with forums, classifieds, news, tech, a horsepower calculator, video galleries, more.
Pre War Car
Magazine and marketplace dedicated to pre-1940 car.
Road & Track
Popular car magazine providing road test reviews, feature stories, comparison tests, racing coverage and technology features.
Super Chevi
Provides Chevrolet car news and information on classic muscle cars including the Chevrolet Camaro, Chevy Chevelle, Chevy Nova, more.
TestDriven.co.uk
Aims to produce reviews that are more critical of each manufacturers efforts.
The Truth About Cars
Offers car reviews and auto editorials from knowledgeable automotive experts.
Turbo Magazine
News and articles about the turbocharged and high-tech performance car market.
Velocity Journal
Favors the US domestic market with buyer's guides, reviews, and coverage of auto shows.
Vette
Chevrolet Corvette pictures, performance & restoration tips, and forums. Ward's Auto
Covers the latest news, data and analysis for today's auto industry provided by the editors of Ward's Automotive Reports, Ward's AutoWorld and Ward's Dealer Business car magazines.

Last edited by Space; 09-19-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:50 PM

1987 Chevy Monte Carlo SS - Mean, Mean Monte
What the General couldn’t do in ’87, Darrell Hyde added today in his 1987 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. more < Click (more)

Read more: Super Chevy Magazine - Chevrolet News, Reviews, Photos, Videos & More
Above Monte S.S. is feature Ride in Super Chevy Magazine October 2012 issue
Check it `out...It's BADD 4-Sure ====================
I just `love it 4-Real.......

Last edited by Space; 09-18-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
Old 09-19-2012, 05:31 AM

Hi `Jerry,
Thanks for sharing/posting your links (Good Ones)

Yes `Jerry, that 4th Gen is a Super nice One 4-Sure...I really like it & love what the owner did to it + it has a "427" CI
It's great to see a Monte Carlo as a Featured Car in Chevy Magazine & their site

Old 09-19-2012, 07:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I have read car magazines since i was about 10 years old. We would go grocery shopping on Fridays and if we were good we could get a magazine. I always got a car craft, Hot rod, super chevy or something similar. I would wear them out. Then a friend of my dads gave us 3 boxes of different mags from the 70's 80's and 90's. I read through all of them too.: I wish I still had them all.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:12 AM

^ LoL `Lou, I did the same thing with my beach bum friends growing up. We could only look at playboy for so long b-4 we were all exhausted , but we looked at car mags all the time & dreamed about owning/driving the cars of our dreams...

I wish I would've saved the mag's that I did have...Some are collector items now...

Below is a pic from the featured SS above (WoW)

4 the `Love of POWER

4-Sure "427" times I Love the above Monte 4-Real

Like the interior also ^^^^

Last edited by Space; 09-19-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Well I get 4 mag's a month. Makes for good reading. I get Super Chevy. Hot Rod, Car craft & Chevy High performance. Usd to get 2 more but they ran out. This is enough for now.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Default Found on the Web

Sport Coupes - 1981-1986:

4th Generation Monte Carlo Sport Coupes were available from 1981-1986 with the nose shown in the first (topmost) picture. It is relatively plain, and highlighted by chrome trim around the headlights, middle bumper strip, and grille. There is also chrome trim around the wheelwells. The entire bottom part of the nose is urethane. Monte Carlo Sport Coupes have four separate headlights and two large marker lights on the bottom of the bumper. There is also a stand-up knight hood ornament on this type of Monte Carlo. Monte Carlo Sport Coupes have chrome trim around the windows and taillights and wider chrome trim along the lower sides of the car. To clarify totally, the 1982 of mine that you have probably looked at on these pages is a Sport Coupe.

"CL" - What is it?:

Monte Carlo Sport Coupes were available with CL (Custom Luxury) trim - a trim package that included a deluxe interior with some pretty neat velour seats. Monte Carlos bearing the CL package will be badged with "CL" on the fenders. LS Monte Carlos were also available with this trim option. It is NOT a real model designation and both LS and SC Monte Carlos can have the CL badging on their fenders. If you have a CL-packaged car, I guess the proper terminology is "I have a Monte Carlo LS CL" or "Monte Carlo Sport Coupe CL".

LS Monte Carlos - 1986 - 1988:

LS (Luxury Sport) Monte Carlos were introduced in 1986 - the only year that you could have gotten 3 distinct Monte Carlo models - SS, LS, and Sport Coupe. The LS would eventually replace the Sport Coupe as the "base" model Monte Carlo; there were no more Sport Coupes made after the 1986 model year. The LS nose was, at least to me, vastly different than the nose on the Coupe. It was a "Euro" type of nose - very rounded off, with two composite headlights (both high and low beam instead of four separate lights as in the Coupe). The stand-up hood ornament was dropped - LS cars, if I remember correctly, wear their knights on their grille, which is chrome, along with the trim on the car. It is a nose at times that reminds me more of a Cadillac than a Monte Carlo; other than this major physical change, physically everything from the fenders back is identical to a Monte Carlo Sport Coupe - except for some of the later-model taillights which wrap around the edges of the car as opposed to ending at the edge as in Sport Coupes. There are also minor trim differences between the LS and the SC: The 86-88 LS (CL or not) cars have chrome strip that runs down the side of the car, mounted higher than the SC's. The LS cars have the wide chrome mounted on the "belt-line" (raised portion of the door), while the CL had the wide chrome on the lower part of the door. To see the difference between the belt-line molding on my SC (viewable here, for example) and an LS car, please click here. Special thank you to Derek Atteberry for bringing to my attention about the molding!
SS Monte Carlos - 1983 - 1988:

The SS nose is the most distinct of the three cars; it is very sleek and aerodynamic as compared to the nose on the Sport Coupe, which is square. SS cars wore blacked out grilles and black trim as opposed to LS and SC models, which had chrome trim (one of many tip-offs to spotting a fake SS, by the way). I've always thought that SS cars remind me a bit of a cat when looked at from the front; there's something a bit sinister going on there! As in LS cars, SS cars do NOT have a stand-up hood ornament; they are badged with a very small knight on their noses. The SS is also the most minimal as far as exterior trim.