Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

$even cars, 4400 horsepower. Enough said

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:37 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile $even cars, 4400 horsepower. Enough said

Hi Member's, Which one below would you like to have ?
Post your choice ~> EnJoy your `Dreams.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ I want'em `ALL ^^^^^^LOL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Extreme Sports Cars - 2012 Geneva Auto Show

Seven cars, 4400 horsepower. Enough said.

By Nick Kurczewski / Photos by John Lamm
March 7, 2012
<!-- auto show is false why is this showing --><!-- use auto show template in this case -->Photos »Videos »

<!-- test output end: --><!-- the article, at a glance, downloads, top competitors, from buying guide --><!-- left column -->The market for extreme sports cars is thriving, based on what we’ve seen here at the 2012 Geneva Auto Show. Picking favorites is almost impossible, because the variety of high-horsepower machinery is dizzying and, at times, intimidating, because the seven cars featured here have a combined output of more than 4400 horsepower. These extreme machines include the most powerful Ferrari and Bugatti street cars ever built, plus a Lamborghini concept that’s considered the “most uncompromising” sports car in the company’s history of building, well, some pretty uncompromising machinery. To put all of these cars in your garage, you could expect to pay in excess of $4 million. Or you can just read this article and start saving for your favorite one.
Lamborghini Aventador J

Lamborghini Aventador J

Photos >>
So, Lamborghini calls the Aventador J the “most uncompromising” sports car in the company’s history. That’s saying a lot, especially when looking back on the devilishly fast—and sometimes laughably impractical—supercars that have rolled out of the company’s factory in Sant’Agata, Italy. What you get with the Aventador J (which technically remains a one-of-a-kind concept) is an Italian supercar crafted out of carbon fiber and powered by the 700-bhp 6.5-liter V-12 found in the Aventador LP700-4 coupe. All-wheel-drive and a 7-speed ISR transmission are also included. What you don’t get in the Aventador J is a roof, air conditioning, and very little in the way of a windshield. Despite the Spartan build, Lamborghini insists the car can be registered for the road. A limited production run seems likely, as does a 7-figure price.
2013 Ferrari F12berlinetta

2013 Ferrari F12berlinetta

Photos >>
About the only thing we don’t like about the Ferrari F12berlinetta is that we officially have to say goodbye to the 599 GTB Fiorano, the sublime supercar it replaces. That hurt is lessened by the fact that this is a gorgeous sports car, designed with Pininfarina to somehow be both delicate and ferocious. We especially love how the front fenders flow over the wheels, down along the doors before kicking up again into the taut rear haunches. Unlike most cars that grow a bit bigger with each generation, the F12berlinetta is slightly smaller than the outgoing 599 GTB. It certainly isn’t any less powerful, however, and the 730-bhp 6.3-liter V-12 (mated to an F1 gearbox) hustles the car from 0 to 60 mph in 3.1 seconds. Top speed is in excess of 210 mph. The exact price will be revealed later this year, closer to the F12berlinetta’s on-sale date. Don’t expect much (if any) change from $350,000.
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG

2013 Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG

Photos >>
Refined and luxurious, the 2013 Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG is lighter and faster than before. Based on the new SL550 roadster, the SL63 features the same aluminum body shell that has reduced weight and improved everything from handling prowess to straight-line performance and fuel economy. Weighing in at 4059 lb., the SL63 AMG is based on a high-tech aluminum chassis that helps reduce the curb weight of the car by 275 lb. Behind that blunt nose lurks an AMG-tuned twin-turbo 5.5-liter V-8 engine. In standard tune, the V-8 offers 530 bhp. But ticking the option sheet for the AMG Performance Package pushes this to 557 bhp and 664 lb.-ft. of torque. Mercedes estimates this version of the SL63 AMG needs only 4.1 seconds to hit 60 mph. Top speed is 186 mph, so you might want to budget for a few extra baseball hats by the time the SL63 AMG goes on sale this summer.
2013 Aston Martin V12 Zagato

2013 Aston Martin V12 Zagato

Photos >>
This is our kind of birthday party. The 2013 Aston Martin V12 Zagato has been built to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the original Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato, one of the most beautiful sports cars from the 1960s. The new V12 Zagato borrows some of the design features from the classic model, such as the double-bubble roof and curvaceous fenders. Things get a little fussier in the back, where a large diffuser and rear spoiler add a little too much aggression to the car’s lithe shape. There are no complaints inside; the cabin is trimmed in rich leather with satin-finish carbon fiber on the dash and center console. We’d love to hear this Aston’s 510-bhp 5.9-liter V-12 in action, though grabbing the keys in an exhibition hall is unlikely. Power is routed through a 6-speed manual transmission and, according to Aston Martin, the Zagato accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 4.1 seconds. Sadly, the V12 Zagato is not homologated for the U.S. Then again, anyone able to afford the car’s $450,000 price could also likely buy a cozy chalet (with heated garage) somewhere in the Swiss Alps.
2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport

2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport

Photos >>
It’s hard to improve upon a car that already looks fantastic. Luckily, Maserati isn’t getting carried away with this modest makeover of the GranTurismo coupe. Set to arrive later this year, the GranTurismo Sport replaces the S model presently sold in the U.S. The Sport carries the sportier front fascia already seen on the GranTurismo MC, along with a small rear spoiler to increase downforce. Powering the Sport is a 454-bhp 4.7-liter V-8 engine, coupled to an automated F1-style 6-speed gearbox—the 6-speed manual has been dropped. This increase in power, combined with the quick-thinking gearbox, should drop the 0 to 60 mph time below 5.0 seconds. We’ll gladly offer our services to Maserati if they need someone to verify this figure. Look for the GranTurismo Sport to arrive later this year, priced around $135,000.
2013 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse

2013 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse

Photos >>
What does it feel like to have a bug hit you in the face at 258 mph? If you can afford the 2013 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse, and are brave enough to attempt a top speed run, you might soon find out. To create this car, Bugatti simply installed the Veyron Super Sport coupe’s drivetrain in the removable-top Grand Sport body. Of course, that sounds pretty easy, but we’re talking about a convertible powered by a 1200-bhp (yes, you read that correctly) quad-turbocharged 8.0-liter W-16 engine. This engine rocketed a Veyron Super Sport to 268 mph, the current world record for a production car. Accelerating from 0 to 60 mph takes a little more than 2.0 seconds. To cope with the extra power, Bugatti says the suspension and chassis have been tuned to the firmer Super Sport settings. The top speed of the Grand Sport Vitesse is set slightly lower, owing to tire-safety considerations. The Veyron Super Sport cost $2.4 million, and there’s no reason to think the same car—albeit with the ability to soak up some rays at Indy 500 qualifying speeds—is going to cost any less.
2013 Lotus Exige S Roadster

2013 Lotus Exige S Roadster

Photos >>
Lightweight and with razor-sharp handling, that’s the ethos of the Lotus brand. Staying true to its roots, the Exige S Roadster is basically a drop-top version of the existing Exige. Mounted behind the cabin is a supercharged 345-bhp 3.5-liter V-6 engine that, in the standard Exige S, propels this little 2-seater from 0 to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds. Removing the roof can sometimes ruin a car’s chassis rigidity, though we’re positive Lotus has not gone soft when it comes to ride and handling. Two transmission options will be available for the Exige S Roadster: a 6-speed manual gearbox or Lotus’ Serial Precision Shift (SPS), a 6-speed paddle-shift automatic. Two suspension settings, Standard and Race, will also be offered. The bad news is that this nimble little sports car isn’t headed to the U.S. According to Lotus, the Exige S Roadster will be sold in European and Asian markets.

Last edited by Space; 03-11-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:43 AM

This is my choice, cause it looks like it was special built for space aliens...."2 dare 2 `dream in Space`Vision" 4-$ure"

^^ Auto Sex 4-$ure ^^

Old 03-11-2012, 07:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That Lamborghini Aventador J looks friggin' amazing. I love when the manufacturer goes all the way like that - the designers really weren't holding back. How half-assed does that Mercedes look in comparison?

Old 03-11-2012, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
That Lamborghini Aventador J looks friggin' amazing. I love when the manufacturer goes all the way like that - the designers really weren't holding back. How half-assed does that Mercedes look in comparison?

Hi `Brent, I agree that the Mercedes doesn't look like it belongs in that above group...I think they are part of this
deSign Company ~>

The Aventador deSigner's really have some great creative talent 4-Sure...I don't think I'll ever have the money to own one, or little chance of driving one, but it sure is a great automotive dream 4-Real....I'd be happy to just see one in person & hear it `Rumble

Old 03-11-2012, 08:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Mercedes idea of "exotic design" was to make the seats red.

"OOOOoooo - thats soooo wild and fresh!" Nobody else could be that creative!

Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

The Lamborghini is definitely over the top, but I don't know if a carbon fiber 700-bhp 7-speed and very little in the way of a windshield is a good combination. You'll need to wear goggles just so you can see. I can just imagine an alien wearing goggles and a leather helmet sitting behind the wheel.

I'm likin' the Zagato with the exception of the wheels but if I could afford to purchase it, have it shipped to the U.S. and brought to code I don't think a new set of wheels would break the bank.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
The Lamborghini is definitely over the top, but I don't know if a carbon fiber 700-bhp 7-speed and very little in the way of a windshield is a good combination. You'll need to wear goggles just so you can see. I can just imagine an alien wearing goggles and a leather helmet sitting behind the wheel.

LoL Seattle `Mike, My Space Head is a Helmet with built in goggles ~> LOL If (Big `IF) I had that Lambo, I would wear a helment with full mask...I wouldn't care if others seen me driving it 4-Sure...The next time I go Go-Kart Racing with my BeachBum friends, I will pretend I'm driving this Lambo ...LOL (I do dream a lot 4-Sure)

Attached Thumbnails $even cars, 4400 horsepower. Enough said-spacehead1.jpg  
Old 03-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

that Aventador looks awesome.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
that Aventador looks awesome.

`Zach, you should get one to put into your new/home & garage....Just think of all the ladies that would want to go for a ride +...Do you play the lotto ? It only takes one ticket to win ? ~> Good Luck...

Old 03-12-2012, 08:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I am a fan of the Aston

Quick Reply: $even cars, 4400 horsepower. Enough said