Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

$1.7 Million 750HP Muscle Exotic `Dream : )

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking $1.7 Million 750HP Muscle Exotic `Dream : )

..Maybe it should be called Erotic Exotic Dream lol
Aston Martin One-77

A $1.7 million 750-bhp muscle-bound exotic, it's indeed the ultimate Aston. Posted for the affluent Monte Carlo Member's. The Kid will just keep dream'in, but if I had that kind of $ Money $, I think I would buy 16 of my friends a new ZR`1 Corvette & we could all go Rac'in...
Now, that's a SuperSuper `Dreams : ) 4-Sure : )

Ok, On 2 the dream...EnJoy

By Ian Adcock Photos by Ian Dawson
August 2009

Specs Download:
Slideshow: Aston Martin One-77 >>
Announcing your intention at last year's Paris show to build 77 $1.7 million supercars just as the global economy went into freefall, seemingly without a parachute, struck many as the height of folly.
Slideshow >>

Fast forward six months and photographer Ian Dawson and I are in Aston's eco-tech styling studio with Design Director Marek Reichman to get an exclusive first look at a car he describes as "being as close to automotive art as we could get."
Ahead of us is the Paris styling buck, but now in all its naked bluish gray glory. The first production version is being hastily built to meet the looming deadline of the Villa D' Este Concours in Italy, where it would win the top design award.
Notwithstanding that I wouldn't see a real car for a few weeks, the clay, even in the design studio's close confines, immediately impresses with its muscular stance. Its proportions are sleek and wide: It's nearly four inches lower than a DBS, yet it's almost 79 in. wide, which should make parking bays at the local JCPenney seem a tad on the tight side. Although it is 4.7 in. shorter than the 186-in.-long DBS, it gains nearly two inches in its wheelbase. "From very early on it had to have perfect proportions and fit inside the Golden Section," explains Reichman (the Golden Section being a rectangle of aesthetically pleasing proportions first proposed by the Greek mathematician Euclid and subsequently used by architects and artists over the centuries).
Slideshow >>

"I wanted to send a signal that was about making a beautiful design and from an engineering point of view, above all, it would say 'Look, Aston Martin is at the cutting edge of leading technologies,'" adds Engineering Director Ian Minards.
A key target from the beginning was chassis balance so Minards ordered a V8 Vantage mule to be built with the front suspension moved 2.0 in. forward to bring more of the mass within the car's wheelbase and give program manager Chris Porritt an idea of the car's dynamic potential. "The proportions we were after suit the driving dynamics," Reichman explains. "Getting the engine to sit behind the front wheel center from a dynamic perspective is very important. And what that allows us to do from a visual perspective is to have this glorious bonnet and this fantastic wheel to body relationship and front wheel to windscreen relationship."
Because the engine sits lower in the chassis it means that, for the first time on an Aston, the hood is lower than the fenders. Does that point to a new design direction for the marque? "It's a hint at where we could possibly take it. This will form part of the message of future products in terms of its visual aesthetic," is all that Reichman would concede.
Mechanical Bits
The One-77 is a fusion of high-end technology and traditional craftsmanship and that is illustrated nowhere better than in the sumptuous lines Reichman and his design team have created for the aluminum body. In an echo of how Aston body panels were once hand-beaten and rolled in the days of Newport Pagnell, so is it true of the One-77. This is particularly evident around the front gills and the C-pillars where the metal has been formed into an impossibly complex series of negative and positive forms combined with razor fine lines that can be achieved only through superforming and then hours of hand shaping and finishing the aluminum. Astonishingly, Reichman tells me that not only is the rear deck from C-pillar to C-pillar a single piece of formed aluminum, but so too are the doors, which have elegant, flower stem-like mirrors (that may not meet regulations).
Continue Reading >>
Related Links:

Last edited by Space; 07-15-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

it's cool looking, but i don't like the front grille too much. it reminds me of the dorky kid in 8th grade with braces.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:59 AM

..Really Luv this Rim....
& What they go `on : )

Old 07-15-2009, 12:05 PM

Keep Dream'in "Dreams R `Free"

...Maybe if we hit the Lotto, I get one of these 2, and
also the one below : )

Someone has one in my area, but I haven't been able to
catch it 2 see whose driving it...The Lotus Elise is quick : )

Human Go Kart 4 the Street : )

Old 07-15-2009, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by ChevySSGirl
it's cool looking, but i don't like the front grille too much. it reminds me of the dorky kid in 8th grade with braces.

Lol `Jamie, yes he is the designer of the Aston What ?
He's driving one : )

Thanks, that's what I wanted it to look like lol

Old 07-15-2009, 12:11 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Sexy car but im not sure its worth the bugatti price range, mabye if it made upwards of 900 hp

Old 07-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

ha ha ha! well that explains it then space!!!

Old 07-15-2009, 01:50 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That is just simply too expensive. Even if you can afford it, ridiculously expensive car. You couldn't drive it anywhere, it would have to be an aesthetic piece of your garage.....

Old 07-15-2009, 01:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Corvette ZR1 > cars in this post :P

Old 07-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Corvette ZR1 > cars in this post :P
What are you smokin' man?!?!

Quick Reply: $1.7 Million 750HP Muscle Exotic `Dream : )