New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Woooo new member, new monte

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:21 AM
3 Year Member
Default Woooo new member, new monte

Hey everyone i just recently upgraded from a 1997 monte carlo to a 2006 LT with the 3.9. I found the forum from google by browsing around for potential mods.

Let's see, my name is Mike and im living in Myrtle Beach, SC so there is plenty of sunny days to drive. Pics should be posted below.

I'm not a big fan of white but the deal was too good to pass up. I'm not 100% sure what my plans are yet but im thinking just classic black and white. I'm getting it tinted tomorrow, and hopefully will be ordering projectors on friday (it def needs new lights!). I was thinking of getting some black rims for it (not too large) to really set it off but it bothers me to have to get rid of the stock rims cuz they are fairly nice haha. Any suggestions and ideas would be much appreciated!

Old 03-01-2010, 11:27 AM

Hey there welcome aboard. Lovely Monte, i personally love the white Montes.
I dont know how large the mods are for the newer montes maybe cai or exhaust system but i dont know much about how to mod the exhaust i am sure other member will help you out with any questions.
the first thing to now do is to remove the dealership sticker from the trunk lid.
Since you are going black and white, you may want to black out your brake/3rd brake and reverse lights. Check local laws first.
again, welcome.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Welcome. Great looking car.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM

Hi `Mike & Welcome to our Monte Carlo Family...
Really love your LT3 Monte Carlo 4-Sure
(It makes me homesick) I had one , but was
forced to sell 2 pay for college

Explore the MCF & you will find alot of infor, and
member's to assist in your mod's & any problems.

How many miles on your LT3 ?
What options ?
The aweSome 3.9L was only in the Monte Carlo
for 2006 and was dropped for the last year 2007.
It's a super PowerPlant 4-real-Sure : )

Wish you safe/fun/fast trouble`free miles...
EnJoy your new Monte & the MCF
Good Luck & thanks for shar'in your
WideScreen Pic's (it's a beauty: )

Old 03-01-2010, 12:11 PM
3 Year Member

@Jomao_o thanks for the tips! I just removed the dealer stickers now haha, i guess that's just one of those little things i didn't think about. I was thinking about blacking out the lights but im a little rusty on SC law so im gonna do some searching and figure out exactly whats legal

@Rick thanks! i love your rims

@Kidspace: Sorry to hear you had to sell yours =(, i've been working two jobs and going to school full time so took me like 2 years to save up and just pay cash for it, was not a fun 2 years that's for sure

When i bought it, it had 99868 miles on it and i just hit the 100k mark the other day. it's a little more than i wanted but i just couldn't beat the price (6500$) for it. No prior accidents, damage reported, and had good service records.

Yea i was stoked when i seen it had the 3.9, it is a beast for sure. I'm not sure what engine mods are available for this car, i think i've read it's not the best for modding but that's not a huge problem as i don't plan on racing it or nothing.

Also as far as options go im not sure what is standard in the LT3, but it has power seats, 1cd/mp3 stereo, remote start, cloth seats (i'll post some pics of the inside later), i think it's pretty standard but if theres any options you were wondering about specifically feel free to ask!

Thanks guys!

Old 03-01-2010, 02:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the froum . Great looking car...

Old 03-01-2010, 02:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I LOVE the look of a de-badged white Monte Carlo.

www.coldairinductions.com has a GREAT cold air intake for the 3.9L, plus a nice set of exhaust tips along with what you have planned will really make that Monte stand out

Old 03-01-2010, 02:50 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site! With the black wheels, black rally stripes would look very cool!

Old 03-01-2010, 03:17 PM
3 Year Member

@Keith: Thanks!

@Chibi: Just added the air intake to my list haha, thanks! That debadged monte is pretty nice looking, i haven't decided what to do with the lettering yet, i thought about painting it black but that is definitely an idea i hadn't thought of. I have been looking for some exhaust tips too but im not 100% on what i want yet. I think i would like duel tips on each side but they are pretty wide and i kind of want ones that will fit partly into the cutouts of the bumper. Any suggestions on ones that you know will fit anyone?

@awesomess: Yea i definitely plan on black wheels, and i do love how the rally stripes look on this car. I don't know any reputable paint shops in town but it's somethin im definitely going to look into a little later down the road.

thanks for all the ideas everyone!

Last edited by PinklySmooth; 03-01-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

As far as exhaust tips, I would think just try to go to an exhaust shop and ask them to show you their 2.5 inch in / 3 inch (maybe even 3.5/4 inch out) polished stainless steel tips. Then they can cut your pipes down some, and weld the new tips on nice and even to your bumper cut-outs.

Quick Reply: Woooo new member, new monte