New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Default Turn Signals

So I have a question concerning my car. I own a 2004 Monte Carlo. For the last couple of years my turn signals would work until it would rain or snow and then they would stop for fifteen minutes and then work again. Recently I have taken the dash off to replace my car stereo and now the turn signals do not work at all. I have read a few of your posts and have found out that it could be my hazard switch. Any thoughts of what the problem might be?

Old 11-13-2015, 11:30 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Since you just had your dash off, you should make sure all the wiring is good to and from the hazard switch. Something that may have been just barely hanging on there before may now be totally disconnected.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum, first place would be either hazard switch or your multi function switch both have been known to fail in our cars. But since you had the dash apart I would also be leaning towards loose or disconnected wire

Old 11-13-2015, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by alexhubbard5@gmail.com
So I have a question concerning my car. I own a 2004 Monte Carlo. For the last couple of years my turn signals would work until it would rain or snow and then they would stop for fifteen minutes and then work again. Recently I have taken the dash off to replace my car stereo and now the turn signals do not work at all. I have read a few of your posts and have found out that it could be my hazard switch. Any thoughts of what the problem might be?
I have an 01' that the turn signals won't work suddenly on occasion. I hit the Hazard once and they work again. I have never had them not work at all, could be a loose wire if you had the dash off.. Good luck.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:30 AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Ya after I posted my question, I went back to our shop and hooked the hazard switch and messed around with it until my blinkers started working. So I think it is my hazard switch that has a loos connection somewhere. Thanks for your comments. They help hence this is the reason why I am in this website.