New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Signature for 2003 Jeff Gordon Monte

Old 08-08-2016, 03:49 PM
Default Signature for 2003 Jeff Gordon Monte

Does anyone know if Jeff is still signing the 2003 Jeff Gordon Monte's? I know years ago you could remove the piece in front of the passenger seat and send it in and Jeff would sign it and send it back. I never did it....but would love to now. Does anyone know if he's still doing this and what the procedure is?

Old 08-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by tgcieri
Does anyone know if Jeff is still signing the 2003 Jeff Gordon Monte's? I know years ago you could remove the piece in front of the passenger seat and send it in and Jeff would sign it and send it back. I never did it....but would love to now. Does anyone know if he's still doing this and what the procedure is?
You might call Hendrick motor sports and see if they have any information on how to do that. When you do send it make sure you also include the return postage for the item. Dale Sr. would sign stuff but it you wanted it back you needed to provide the return postage.

Ok I check on his website and it doesn't sound to promising. But I put up a Link and you might check it out.
this is why the stands at the races are less than half full. These guys get tons of money and they don't want to meet with the fans.
A few years ago I went to Phoenix, AZ to the Race in November. My son had got the tickets as a Fathers day gift. He purchased so special tickets for the Bud tent and Kasy Kane was supposed to meet the fans and sign a few things. He walked thru waved like a Rose Bowl Queen and said to sentences and that was about it. One of the fans walked in just as he walked out and missed the whole thing. Once we lost the greatest driver for doing autographs that was all over.
Autographs - Jeff Gordon

A little story about a Driver that is more charismatic and will sign stuff you should try and see John Force. He once thanked me for asking for the Autograph and he is like a 17 time champion. He even spent a little time with my son he and John had a great time together. This is a Super Great personality. Anyway sorry for the rant. keep trying..

Last edited by drivernumber3; 08-08-2016 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I used to be a member of the JGMonteCarlo forum and "knew" a few people that had their dashes signed. It wasn't as easy as sending him the part. Once per year he would have special autograph sessions just for people who owned Jeff Gordon Edition Monte Carlos. But it still wasn't a free for all. You had to register for the event and then be selected. And then you were allowed to bring your passenger dash panel only, which I guess is fairly easy to remove (I've never tried). Apparently, this is supposed to be the only condition under which he would sign a JGMonteCarlo, but it was kinda cool because you'd get to meet him and take photos while he was signing. Eventually, he stopped doing these events and I'm pretty certain he does not do them these days. I'd say that maybe he has more time for autographs on his hands now, but it would appear that he has already come out of retirement...

Old 08-09-2016, 11:48 AM

Thank you for replying! I know I read something several years ago, but never took advantage of it. I do have a 2003 Jeff Gordon Monte which I wash every day before putting it in the garage and it only has 37,000 miles on it. I had sent Jeff and his wife gifts for their children over the years...I crochet....I had gotten very sweet notes back from Jeff's wife....I may be able to find those notes...maybe there is a return address on the envelopes so I can write a note and ask.

Drivernumber3, you might get a kick out of this....many, many years ago I met John Force at a race in Englishtown NJ. My husband was a drag racer (a really good one) and I met John before he was famous. He was "hauling" a pull along white trailer for his car....no fans were around him at all! (That was a long time ago!)

I tried to put a link for pictures of Tony's car/win...hope I did it correctly.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

Thank you for replying! I know I read something several years ago, but never took advantage of it. I do have a 2003 Jeff Gordon Monte which I wash every day before putting it in the garage and it only has 37,000 miles on it. I had sent Jeff and his wife gifts for their children over the years...I crochet....I had gotten very sweet notes back from Jeff's wife....I may be able to find those notes...maybe there is a return address on the envelopes so I can write a note and ask.

Drivernumber3, you might get a kick out of this....many, many years ago I met John Force at a race in Englishtown NJ. My husband was a drag racer (a really good one) and I met John before he was famous. He was "hauling" a pull along white trailer for his car....no fans were around him at all! (That was a long time ago!)

I tried to put a link for pictures of Tony's car/win...hope I did it correctly.
I have several Items autographed by John Force.
My son and I were at Topeka KS and John, Ron Capps and a couple of more Funny Car drivers were selling T-shirts to benefit a Motorcycle racer who had been lost in a street accident.
So my son asked if we could buy a T-shirt and I thought we could do that.
So we had brought a bunch of items along to have John sign. However with this benefit it may not be something he would do. So my son took an Action figure of John with him when he purchased the T-shirt and the other drivers were giving John a bunch of static about it. He said he looked like Burt Reynolds in that figure. He asked how they got it and they pointed to my son. John says to my son come over here boy.
He did, and asked him where he got the figure? He said my Dad, he asked if he had any other item to sign, he said yes.
Well he said if you help me had out these T-shirts I will sign all the items you brought along. He kept his arm around the kid the whole time.
One of the nicest famous drivers we ever met.
Believe it or not he actually thanked me for being at the Race.

What's really fun when these guys look at me and I know what they are thinking. Once in a while they ask? Just fun stuff for sure.
Hope you are successful in getting a signature.
Don't tell anyone but back in the 90's I was a member of the Jeff Gordon Fan club, the members would ask for me to show up for photo sessions.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:17 PM

That is very cool! Right now my car is in the shop getting "buffed"....then I am going to have someone wax it for me before the winter. I have so many people stopping me asking me if I would sell the car....but I never will! I actually bought the car for my husband....now I am making sure I keep it "perfect" in his memory. I will search through my papers and send Jeff a note to remind him of all the gifts I sent to his kids and hopefully he will make arrangements to sign the car. I think it's great how far John Force has come....and his kids. I just keep remembering seeing him so many years ago before he got so famous! My husband was actually offered a NASCAR by US Tobacco....Tony nicely turned it down because he always drove drag and really wanted a pro-car. Also his brothers were always is pit crew and it meant leaving them and getting a new crew and Tony was always true blue to his brothers. Personally I think he would have done great....he was one of those kind of guys who always excelled at anything they did. I truly miss him so....he was very special! That was really nice what John did with your son!

Last edited by tgcieri; 08-09-2016 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member

That is very cool! Right now my car is in the shop getting "buffed"....then I am going to have someone wax it for me before the winter. I have so many people stopping me asking me if I would sell the car....but I never will! I actually bought the car for my husband....now I am making sure I keep it "perfect" in his memory. I will search through my papers and send Jeff a note to remind him of all the gifts I sent to his kids and hopefully he will make arrangements to sign the car. I think it's great how far John Force has come....and his kids. I just keep remembering seeing him so many years ago before he got so famous! My husband was actually offered a NASCAR by US Tobacco....Tony nicely turned it down because he always drove drag and really wanted a pro-car. Also his brothers were always is pit crew and it meant leaving them and getting a new crew and Tony was always true blue to his brothers. Personally I think he would have done great....he was one of those kind of guys who always excelled at anything they did. I truly miss him so....he was very special! That was really nice what John did with your son!

Found a photo of that time, John on the right, my son with his back to the camera and has Red Hair in a Black Cap.

Attached Thumbnails Signature for 2003 Jeff Gordon Monte-johnforce1.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 08-10-2016 at 05:21 PM. Reason: photo
Old 08-10-2016, 08:14 PM

Really nice! I can tell you.....these photo means so much as the kids get older! I can't believe it....my son is 38! Here is a pic of my son (I think he was around 4 or 5) in front of Tony's car (National Record holder for 4th time)

Search this Thread