New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Sassy Girl

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Default Sassy Girl

Hello everyone,
I am new to this site and figure I had better turn to the professionals for my issues. I have been experiencing a starting issue with my 2001 Monte SS. I went out to start it one day and it was semi-dead. Some of the lights would turn on, no radio, no dome light, and no engine. Just oddly dead. So with the little knowledge I do have with cars, I knew it wasn't the battery but changed it anyway and once I did, it started right up. So that eliminated the any issues with the starter or alt but to be on the safe side I had a system test done and everything came out fantastic. I went a couple of days with no issues and then it happened again, I get in and it won't fire up but it’s not completely dead cause some of the lights work on it. So I disconnected the battery cable wait a few seconds and go to start it and sure enough it fires right up. Now dang near every single time I shut my car off and go to start it I have to disconnect the battery cable in order to get it to start. I did some research and found that it could be the lock cylinder or the ignition switch or something with a purple wire. One time I did get a check engine light on and it was something related to fuel/theft and had it explained to me that it goes into theft mode and is not letting the fuel up to the ignition. Yesterday I did change the lock cylinder and no luck. I am thinking about doing the switch but I don't wanna spend no more time or spending the money if it will be pointless. I am hoping someone on here will help me narrow this down and get my sassy girl up and running properly again.
Thanks,
Yvonne

Old 10-14-2012, 12:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome tot he site!
I'm sure someone will be here shortly to help you with your problems, that could be a number of things, i hope it's something simple for you!
While you wait for an answer, look around the site and see if you can't find other threads that may have the same problem and maybe help to fix it!