New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

An "old newbee" that just refuses to grow up...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Default An "old newbee" that just refuses to grow up...

Hey Y'all;
Posted up a first post in another section so I figured I had better come here and introduce myself, so here I am.

Well, my name is Scott, I turn 41 this year (jees, did I just say that outloud), and I've been into cars, bikes, and pretty much anything with a motor since as long as I can remember. Obviously I'm a newbee here to this Monte Carlo forum, although not a newbee to forums by any means. Have been/currently am a member of a number of other forums with other bkes and cars that I have/had. I have done a little looking thru this forum and it seems like most of the other ones I've been on..... Alot of great info and alot of great members, so pretty sure I'm gonna fit right in.....

So I guess I need to give a little info about myself, huh. Well I suppose I should start with why I'm here. I am the proud owner of a 2006 Monte Carlo SS. (Photo below) I bought it new in July of '06 after having a 2004 Monte SS Supercharged for almost a year. I loved my '04, it was the Superior Blue with Gray rocker panels, but when the new generation came out with the new front end and the V8, I had to have one.

It has been a great car. It has also been a labor of love getting it to where it's at to this point. There are a few more mods in store for the ole girl, but we are getting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for it to be as much complete as I am planning it to be. It sits more than I drive it because of my other toys, but it is fun to get it out of the storage shed and blow the dust off of her every now and again!!!!!!! I get walked up to at gas stations, parking lots, etc. where I take her and people ask me about it alot. The paint is one of the big topics of discussion. I get asked, "Where did you get that painted at? I love the color..." Most people are thrown back when they hear it's the stock/factory color. (Will have to say, GM hit a homerun with the Laser Blue color of '06/'07) She definately gets attention....

I'm very much a toy person!!! They make the world go around, don't they???!!! Along with the Monte, I have a couple of other stallions in the stabel as well; a 500hp '98 Trans Am WS6 and an '07 CBR 1000RR Repsol. (Both of which I will try to get photos attatched here if the pics I have are small enough files...) Oh, and my personal rocket too. For those of you who may be a bit "aviation savy" and can tell from my screen name, I also am a pilot. I fly for an executive jet passenger charter company out of Cincinnati, Ohio flying a Learjet 60. (Photo hopefully below too....)

Anywho, that's me. Very much looking forward to talking with alot of you in the future while here on the forum. Like they always say, "Birds of a feather flock together....."

THE MONTE

THE WS-6 "Satan's Grandchild..."

THE REPSOL

THE ROCKET

Last edited by gulfstreamcpt; 08-02-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:52 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site! Awesome rides you have there!!!

Old 08-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Welcome to the forum! Great toys!

Old 08-02-2010, 02:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks very very sharp. Love the TA!!!

Where's the sentence that says: I have the Cartuning Turbo Kit and here's some pictures under the hood :P

Old 08-02-2010, 04:12 PM

bad *** toys

Old 08-02-2010, 04:34 PM

Very cool. Welcome to the family. Enjoy the site and check out the daily blog in off topic.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:47 PM

welcome nice toys

Old 08-02-2010, 09:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Wow nice rides! Do you have any pics of your supercharged monte?

Old 08-03-2010, 12:49 PM

welcome to the forum you have a great collection

Old 08-03-2010, 01:28 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Nice rides! Do you have any performance mods on the Monte?

Quick Reply: An "old newbee" that just refuses to grow up...