New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Newbie to the site and damned excited there is one!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Default Newbie to the site and damned excited there is one!!

Hey gang
I'm new to the site and really happy there is one for the Monte owner. My name is Vinny and have been a proud owner of a 2006 Monte Carlo SS in Black and Silver. I love my car and it gets great reactions from fans and non fans alike. I've had many people come up to me and give me flyers saying I should put the car in shows. I even had a cop stop me just to look the car over and let me go after telling me that I had "a beautiful car."
I hope that there will be Monte Carlo meets and so on, because it's quite lonely not having any Montes in the area except yours.

Anyhow hope to see some of you on the road!!

later

[IMG]local://upfiles/3838/36AB1FE741A5417EBA043A5A44054B29.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Default RE: Newbie to the site and damned excited there is one!!

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Vinny, from the Garden State of N.J.,[/align][align=center]and Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You have a beautiful 06 SS!!!! 4-$ure!!![/align][align=center]Have you done any modifications ?[/align][align=center]Have you been to the Track ?[/align][align=center]If so, post your times/speed : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We hope you post more pic's of your Awesome SS,[/align][align=center]and we look forward to your future posts.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Good Luck with your SS, wish you many [/align][align=center]safe/fast/fun miles,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 03-09-2008, 11:38 AM

Thanks SpaceRider for the welcome
Actually I haven't been to the track with it yet, I want to, but would rather go there with more people that own Monties so I don't feel so out of place. As far as mods, most of the modifications done are for aesthetics mainly, tinted windows all the way around, ipod interface by Dice Electronics, video system in the headrests, Rally Stripe kit from GM, Side stripe kit from online manufacturer and thats about it. Looking to get a little more HP from her though, I'll check for that info on some of the other posts though. But thats it. I'll definitely get more pics of the car up later. Thanks.

Danger

Old 03-09-2008, 11:53 AM

From the looks of the one picture you did supply ... that's one fine looking Monte. You should be very proud of yourself. You'll find that these folks in here know how to wring-out every available bit of Horse Power from a Monte. All you have to do is fork-out the cash and follow the directions. Everything from U-Bend delete to adding goodies to the engine for extra performance.

Anyway ... nice car.
Welcome home!

Old 03-09-2008, 02:36 PM

That is beautiful, and I see I'm no longer the only one on here with eyelids on an 06-07.

May I ask you where you got or made your grill? I've been looking for a mesh like that but I'll end up painting it black.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:44 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi `Garrett & Members,[/align][align=center]`Vinny really has a great look'in Monte Carlo SS[/align][align=center]with some nice touches : )[/align][align=center]Check out the below link for Grille's[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]

MONTE CARLO BILLET GRILLE

[hr]

See details

E&G CLASSICS® - 2Pc "Q" Style Grille

# EG-1077-0185-06Q - Chevrolet Monte Carlo 2006 & UP, Stainless Steel Quater by Quater 2pc "Q" Grille by E&G CLASSICS®.

[hr]

Market price: $ 77.16
Our price: $ 74.00
, save 4%

See details

PRECISION® - Classic Billet Grille

# PG-801371 - Chevrolet Monte Carlo /SS 2006 & Up, Classic Billet Grille by PRECISION®. Polished Finish. Install time 1 hour. SS Models Bumper Grille available PG-801374.

[hr]

Our price: $ 127.00[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.wooddashexperts.com/custo...e.php?cat=7077[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Check out below link for Grille, plus more MC items : )[/align][align=center][:-] [:-] [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.shopsar.com/Chevrolet-Mon...ries-s/360.htm[/align]

Old 03-09-2008, 07:48 PM

nice car, they look sweet with the stripe package...welcome to the site

Old 03-09-2008, 09:26 PM

nice monte. i dont care to much for those eyelid things but still nice car. i like how the grill looks.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:33 PM

nice car! welcome to mcf!

Old 03-10-2008, 03:27 AM

Thanks everyone for the welcome, as far as the eyelids are concerned, I found them on ebay and thought they would look interesting. Give the car a more aggressive look. I feel I'm right, not to mention the reaction to them is pretty net as well. Are there any Monte owners in New Jersey?

Danger

Quick Reply: Newbie to the site and damned excited there is one!!