New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Newbie Purchase Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Default Newbie Purchase Question

I am in the initial stages of starting to look for a Monte to purchase. I have narrowed it down to either a 2006 LTZ or a 2007 LT loaded. Any opinions on either model? I like the dual exhaust and HP rating on the 06 alot and am leaning towards that. The 06 has all the options I want as well. Any pros/cons, suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Default RE: Newbie Purchase Question

[align=center]Hi Dave, from the Capital City of Ohio,[/align][align=center]&
Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family.
[/align][align=center](we have several member's from the Buckeye State)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If you are into power, the 06 LTZ is the way to go.[/align][align=center]It's a great package with the powerful 3900[/align][align=center]Engine, plus it has upgraded suspension,[/align][align=center]17 inch awesome rim's, dual outlet exhaust [/align][align=center]and more.[/align][align=center]The 06 was the only year that the 3.9L was put[/align][align=center]into the Monte Carlo, and the LTZ was only[/align][align=center]produced in 2006.[/align][align=center]My 3.9L got 23/24/ city MPG[/align][align=center]&[/align][align=center]Up to 30 MPG on the hwy.[/align][align=center]If I were to choose, I would choose the 06 LTZ.[/align][align=center]Warranty has to be taken into consideration, but[/align][align=center]I don't think that you will regret getting the[/align][align=center]Awesome 2006 limited production Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]Check out our Road Test Section in[/align][align=center]Most Active Topic's for reviews.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_34860/tm.htm[/align][align=center]Good Luck`Dave, & let us know what you decide.[/align][align=center]Look forward to your future posts.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm sure our member's will post their opinions.[/align][align=center]Check back...How's weather in Columbus,[/align][align=center]I read that you got hit bad by snow storms ?[/align][align=center]Oh, what color's are the Monte's & What equipment.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 03-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Default RE: Newbie Purchase Question

The LTZ would be my choice, I have an '06 3LT, same engine and everything of the LTZ just doesn't have all the luxury stuff which if fine by me. The 3.9L has been a good engine to me so far, but then again I'm still just shy of the 50K mark.