New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

NEWBIE HERE - MC Lover since BIRTH!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Default NEWBIE HERE - MC Lover since BIRTH!

Hello Everyone! My name is Betty Jo and I have been raised in Monte's literally! I love these cars and I currently upgraded from a 99 to an 05 LS (SS is too much to insure!) - So...I wanted to introduce myself even though I've been a member for a couple weeks now. I also wanted to add that I LOVE THIS FORUM! It so nice to deal with real people who share my passion and all the great classifieds. So HELLO ALL!!!! From the redneck MonteGrrl from Michigan (lol)!! Now I am asking for a little direction please??? I am trying to find a set of OE NX5 wheels for my car (GM PART #12487571), 16" preferred. If anyone knows a good place to look for these I would really appreciate it!! I have been looking at the ones on the dreaded EBay but they are all like $150/wheel - I have a nice car (courtesy of my great dad) but...I am not wealthy so I am looking for a good deal. Also, If anyone knows of any good sites to get accessories like ground effects reasonably priced I would love to hear about them - I'm always looking for a good site with PRIVATE classifieds too so feel free to drop some of those off too!! Thank you everyone - You are always so helpful here, my MC Family in a way!

Thanks again!

Betty Jo
Romulus, MI
MonteGrrl48174@aol.com
www.myspace.com/lostgirl231

Old 10-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Default RE: NEWBIE HERE - MC Lover since BIRTH!

Welcome to MCF Betty,

Do you have a picture or link to the rim your thinking of?

Run a search for aftermarket stuff, I have several in mind but there are threads we have discussed in the past that covers just about anything you are thinking of for your monte...

Let us know if your search turns up empty handed...

Old 10-07-2006, 07:22 PM

Welcome to our little family, Betty-Jo. We're glad that you have found us. I'll keep a lookout for those wheels for you.

Old 10-08-2006, 05:28 PM

Welcome to MCF Betty Jo.

Old 10-08-2006, 06:02 PM

Thanks Everyone for the Welcome - You're Awesome!!

I got some bad news []- my baby was scuffed this morning sitting in front of my house - some idiot backed right into it parked on the street!!![:@] He backed right into the driver's side rear quarter - I am so sad & angry about this!!! It's not "that bad" but I try so hard to keep my car looking good this is really heartbreaking! I parked further up the street so the birds wouldn't have a target to hit and this is what happened - I would have rather washed my car today but whatcha gonna do - What A Jerk!

But...on the brighter side, atleast the guy's insurance will have to fix my ride!

Old 10-08-2006, 07:15 PM

I guess you caught him with his hand in the cookie jar, then?

Old 10-08-2006, 09:53 PM

The craziest thing...I think he was gonna take off without saying anything! My dad saw some guy checking out my car and he walked up on him and seen what happened - thank goodness my dad keep's an eye on everything or I might have been screwed! Oh he is gonna get a ticket too for improper backing - he left before the cops got to my house or he might have gotten out of that too! But we have his info so he didn't get away!

I'll be sure to keep u posted on the outcome of this mess!! Take Care - Drive/PARK Safe!!!

Old 10-17-2006, 12:20 AM

Kinda Good News! My baby's gonna get fixed by the other guy's insurance co - the damage is going to be $936.40 and they are going to replace my rear bumper cover and bump out the quarter and the lip on the wheel well. I'm even gettin a rental (probably an AVEO) !! But out of all this, now I'm allowed driveway rights so I can keep my baby all nice and smooth without bumps, bangs, and bruises!
Thanks for letting me vent to my new family.

Talk to ya later Y'all!

Betty Jo

Old 10-18-2006, 04:01 AM

Glad to hear the good news. Driveway rights are never a bad thing!!

Old 10-18-2006, 04:06 AM

wow that sounds about right, trying to protect your car from one thing and get screwed just trying to protect it. just think once you get into the rental and get back in your monte its going to make it seem really nice

Quick Reply: NEWBIE HERE - MC Lover since BIRTH!