New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 12:14 PM
Default Newbie

Hello!

My name is Spencer and I'm a new member to the site and I'm following the recommended first post. I'm a 22 year old college student finishing my degree in Mathematics and commissioning in May from the Air Force ROTC. I go to pilot training in June and I couldn't be more excited.

I don't own a Monte, but am building a plan to purchase and restore a 1975 for my dad. That was his first car, and I'm hoping to purchase and modify the engine, drivetrain, brakes, and suspension to modernize the car and increase safety (as much as possible) and power (of course). So, I'm joining to gain some knowledge from the experts. I know it's a tall order, but I'm willing to spend several years and a good amount of money on the project. I want to do as much as I can myself and I have some limited experience working on my truck and motorcycle all the way down to an engine rebuild.

Nice to meet you, and drive safe!

Old 02-13-2017, 03:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to MCF, Spencer! Sounds like an awesome project you have lined up, and an extremely thoughtful one at that! Please keep us all posted on your progress when you can!