New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New to the Site and Scene

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Default New to the Site and Scene

Hello everyone, just wanted to stop here and introduce myself. Name's Josh and I don't have my car yet. I'm supposed to be headed back to Iraq in August so with the money I make there I plan on buying and hooking up an 87 SS. It's gonna be the slower project honestly because I've already got one started. Me and my fiance are working on our 87 Mustang LX as well. I already know all I need to about the Stang to fix it up but I'm not so knowledgable on the Monte. My first car was an 87 Monte SS and I loved it. I only got to drive it once before my father totaled it but it was so sexy and fun to drive.

Old 04-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Default RE: New to the Site and Scene

Hi Josh & Welcome to the MCF
Are you in the military at Fort Riley ? : (
Is that why you are going oversea's ?
Explore the forum, and if you can't find what you are look'in for, just ask
by making a post. There's a lot of members that know about
the Monte Carlo's.
Sorry to read that your 87 SS was totaled : (
Keep in contact with theMCF.
Wish you a safe `journey & a fast return to the states.
Save those $$$'s
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Peace....`d-Space

Old 04-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

hey josh, welcome to the site

Old 04-28-2007, 08:26 PM

hey josh, Thanks for your Service,
As far as the montes go. what would ya like to know about them? (montes)
actually they had the small blcok chevy in them and most folks have made them in to stroker cars if they were tryign to go big, others were made as all stock motors and ran strong this way also.

and others have gone mild build up or way over the top so it is kind of what you want in that area.

And actually if done right would give the mustang your putting togeather a good run for its money even with the weight diffrences etc...

Adn they are nice drivers also. but words of advice if you plan to build it over the top look in to makeing sure the body dont twist on it. I have heard they tend to do it if they have a built motor that launches hard. I havent owned this version of one . but think i have owned every other mote out there at least once LOL

Old 04-28-2007, 10:01 PM

the only downfall i've heard about the 4th gens is that the frame has small holes in the back that can get nasty if they weren't properly taken care of. i figure if i find one that's in good enough shape i can clean it out really good and weld it up to both reinforce it and seal it. as for the mustang, it's getting an all motor 351 stroked but i plan on keeping the monte a 305 but bore and sleeve it so i can toss on a blower, maybe even a small shot of nitrous just so i can say it's got the juice.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:55 PM

Welcome to MCF Josh!!! The 87 SS's are just great!!! Not much is better than one in black with red trim.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:11 AM

where you live at?
i have lived in Nebraska and Ohio and i can say i have owned several of them that were in great shape in the frame.

But they do have the holes in them and you can box them.Actually i had the 3rd gens.
but boxed and cleaned up real good they will last ya a long time.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:09 AM

gotta love the old school stock look of the black with red trim, best colors for the monte if you ask me

Old 04-29-2007, 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: SovereignDragon

gotta love the old school stock look of the black with red trim, best colors for the monte if you ask me
I would have to agree with the color combo best two colors there are for any car.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:34 AM

nah there is others out there you have Black and red and white and red. or even blue and silver depending on the shade of each can look really nice

Quick Reply: New to the Site and Scene