New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Monte Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 04:42 AM
Default New Monte Owner

Well there I was, looking to get rid of my truck because she was just too darned expensive and what do I stumble upon? An 02 Earnhardt Monte that could use some TLC. So here I am, virtual virgin to the Monte Carlo ranks, but ready to resurrect a used soul. Just be prepared for some stupid questions, but hopefully I can lend a helpful hand when it comes to any audio questions. Good to be here.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Default RE: New Monte Owner

Hi Chris & Welcome to MCF
The forum has many members from the Big State of TEXAS.
You've found a rare limited edition Monte.
Post some pic's and keep us informed of your progress.
It's great to read that youcan help onAudioquestions.
Good Luck with your Monte Carlo
`space

Old 02-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

hey, welcome to the site

Old 02-07-2007, 03:09 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif]hi, and welcome to the forum.great find!!!!I've alwys wanted an earnhardt editon but finances were a problem,anyway enjoy your monte,and your stay here.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:59 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys. I never figured myself to be a Monte owner but I couldn't pass this one up, especially the deal (basically free - I own a web design business and trade services for the vehicle cost). She's been used a bit, but I've had her detailed and the leather reconditioned so she's getting there. Alot of surface scratches though (any suggestions there?). I've been considering some rims for her as well, but have no idea on the fit and max size (max as in no negative consequences such as axle pressure or braking). I came across these (http://www.ultrawheel.com/images/rims/230reflex.jpg) but am not certain if they would work.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome Chris to the Monte Carlo Forum from a fellow Intimidator owner. Mine is a Supercharged '04, but only half as many of yours were made. How many miles? Is yours all black? Are you an audio installer? I got a ton of electricals in mine. Sell me your speedometer. I'll trade? You have THE best looking speedometer EVER made!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

[IMG]local://upfiles/1500/89B4C6438D1B4DBDA95CA2ACE2B7B45E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-09-2007, 10:15 PM

Thanks for the welcome Wayne. My Monte has been used quite a bit before I got ahold of her (85k miles) and shows a little wear. I do web site design and one of my clients owns a used car dealership. I was looking to get rid of my truck (too derned expensive right now) and they offered to trade me my sevices for the car. Not a bad trade if you ask me. Mine is all black with silver skirts (of course with the RCR logo). I am somewhat of a car audio enthusiast and used to do some installs, but having a family and now being back in school full time (not to mention being an old man), I just don't have the time to do them. So I must ante up for an installed in a week or two. Fixing to stick in my gear from another install (Alpine 7998 - JLA XR comps - 2 IDv.3 10s) so I can get a little bump. I agree on the speedometer. That was one of the things that drew me to the car actually, very well put together. I would like to know, however, is there a place to buy OEM part for the car. I'm speaking mostly aethetic parts such as the floor mats, seat belt covers, owner's manual, etc.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:05 AM

Welcome to the Official Unofficial Monte Carlo Forum. We are a dedicated "*****-Free Zone" so feel welcome to feel like family!! You have a true gem in the Monte Carlo world. I would have to say that that is one of my favourite 6th gen Montes.

Search the forum threads for anything you might need help on, if you still can't find it, just ask. We can't wait to see pics of your new toy, so don't be stingy!!

Old 02-10-2007, 01:26 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I'm hoping to get some pics soon as I need to mock-up what the wheels I want will look like. I'll do my best, on my honor as a scout, to not violate the *****-Free rule.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would start at your Chevy dealer parts department with your vin # in hand. Their computer will tell you every part # of every part of your car, such as your headrest. Speedometers are a controlled substance at your dealer, I've tried to buy one. My '01 SS LE had the lit red bow-tielike your speedometer, that my '04 Intimidator doesn't have, nor the "3" or "RCR" in the corners. Just Dale's signature. I like yours.
I would suggest custom aftermarket floormats, at least for showing. I am assuming seatbelts are standard, are they not?
How's your bow-tie headrests?
Any other special markings or emblems?
Try some Turtle Wax Ice polish for the scratchs.
My stereo is only 600w, but with a 12" in a box, it can and does do ear damage.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Quick Reply: New Monte Owner