New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Monte in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 12:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default New Monte in Detroit

Hello, new Monte owner here! 1 week ago today, I picked up my 2006 Silver Monte Carlo LT. Actually had to road-trip close to 100 miles to get the car, but it was the only LT within 100 miles that had both the 3.9 and leather - I'm just thankful it was in a color I liked!

I don't know how much I plan to do since it's my daily driver now (ending a 10 year span of Trans Ams, Camaros, and GTO's), but I'd like to poke around in the computer settings eventually and see if I can "fix" some of the problems I have with the stock settings (i.e. fog lights won't automatically come on, door lock settings, etc...), add some wheels (ASA JH8 Silver anyone?), and maybe exhaust tips or a cat-back if someone ever makes one.

Been real happy with it so far, The 3.9 is enough to make me smile when I hit it... and when I fill it, which is a real change for me - my previous daily driver is (I still have it) a 1991 Z28 350 TPI - it's only getting about 12 MPG - I almost doubled that on my first tank...

There are some nice rides on here, I've got some reading to do! I'm particularly nostalgic for the 1984SS personally - my father had a white one with the blue interior - which he may still regret selling...

--30Bird

[IMG]local://upfiles/2175/7D2C659D669943A6822D9ABD5B4E6520.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: New Monte in Detroit

hey, welcome to the site

nice lookin monte you have there

you should head over to the monte of the month thread and vote for monte of the month

Old 02-26-2007, 02:45 PM

[align=center]Hi [/color]Joe [/color]& Welcome to the MCF[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's great to see another LT3 owner join the forum.[/align][align=center]How many miles are on yours Monte ?[/align][align=center]Keep the forum posted on your Monte & give a detailed review : )[/align][align=center]Pro's & Cons [:@][/align][align=center]For the price, I think the Monte LT3 gives a lot of Bang for your Bucks.[/align][align=center]Post more pic's when U get them & share your mod's when you do them.[/align][align=center]I hope that you become a active MCF member.[/align][align=center]One of our members R.J. won Monte of the Month[/align][align=center]with his awesome Silver Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]Please check out our Monte of the Month contest[/align][align=center]and please vote your choice.[/align][align=center]Wish you safe/happy miles in your LT3[/align][align=center][color=#0000ff]`Space[/align][align=center][:-][color=#0000ff]Click on Image [:-][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/1371281673FB41768DE53CDE046A7C89.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 02-26-2007, 03:44 PM

hey somebody from mich.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member

[align=left]
[align=left]ORIGINAL: SpaceRider[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Hi [/color]Joe [/color]& Welcome to the MCF[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]It's great to see another LT3 owner join the forum.[/align][align=left]How many miles are on yours Monte ?[/align][align=left]Keep the forum posted on your Monte & give a detailed review : )[/align][align=left]Pro's & Cons [:@][/align][align=left]For the price, I think the Monte LT3 gives a lot of Bang for your Bucks.[/align][align=left]Post more pic's when U get them & share your mod's when you do them.[/align]
[/align][align=left][/align][color=#0000ff][color=#0000ff][align=left][/align][align=left]Mileage-wise, its got 28,600 on it or so. Visibly, the car appears to have been maintained fairly well. CARFAX showed it to be a rental from Florida. Oddly enough, I looked up aboutfive LT3's in the area, and without fail, each of them had been rental's. A co-worker here is a former professional mechanic, and tells me thatGMused to put newer motors (not the ones that are tried and true yet)into cars and lease them off to rental car companies to make sure they get a good workout. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I've only got a few pics, all takenat the sametime- there hasn't been much of a window here to keep a car clean for long since I've owned it. Iwashed it, snapped a couple pictures shortly thereafter,and by the time I was done running it was dark.The next day we got an ice storm http://www.magic-gate.com/pictures/2006MonteCarlo if you'd like to see the hi-res versions[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]As for the bang for the buck - I agree. It's a nice, new(ish), loaded car that I got for the price of a new Tin Can. The other thing I'm fairly happy about is that they're not the "Belly buttons" that the impala or the Grand Prix is.Even within MC's, this oneis sort ofan oddity. 2006 - First & Last year the 3.9 was available, and not the one tuned for DOD the impalas got starting in '07.[/align][align=left][/align]

Old 02-26-2007, 05:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Nice car, what interior does it have?

Old 02-26-2007, 05:55 PM

Hi Joe, thanks for your reply & pic's
Your Monte came from a snow free state : )
I purchased my Monte LT3 used. It was a GM Managers Monte.
I love it, don't like the payments, but I love my 06 LT3.
I will look forward to your future post.
[:-]Click below forum link to select your generation[:-]
Wish U a `Happy,
`Space

Old 02-27-2007, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

Nice car, what interior does it have?
It's the Lt Grey Leather interior - as far as colors go, that would have been my last choice if I were ordering the car, but it is clean and I can live with it...

--30Bird

Old 02-28-2007, 03:03 PM

welcome to the site Joe good looking ride

DINO

Old 03-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep

nice looking car you have

Quick Reply: New Monte in Detroit