New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Herman Says Hi

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 05:36 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Herman Says Hi

Howdy my name is Herman I live on the west coast of Canada I have a 2001 Monte Carlo LS 3.4 with some added extra options on it . The car has 178,000 K on it and has been owned by the same person since 2003 and has been maintained fairly well needed some work Tires ,Brakes stereo didn't work . Thats how I found your forum . Anyway the car seems tight drives pretty nice . Brakes a little better with new rotors and pads and of course some tires. Did the amp bypass to make the stereo work Now Im .upgrading the stereo to sync with my phone (having a shop install that for me) a few little other things that need attention (power window switch) Really looking forward to being here. Thanks for reading Herman

Old 12-24-2017, 08:50 PM

Welcome to the forums Herman.

Old 12-25-2017, 02:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum

Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum

Old 01-06-2018, 11:25 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Herman Munster
Howdy my name is Herman I live on the west coast of Canada I have a 2001 Monte Carlo LS 3.4 with some added extra options on it . The car has 178,000 K on it and has been owned by the same person since 2003 and has been maintained fairly well needed some work Tires ,Brakes stereo didn't work . Thats how I found your forum . Anyway the car seems tight drives pretty nice . Brakes a little better with new rotors and pads and of course some tires. Did the amp bypass to make the stereo work Now Im .upgrading the stereo to sync with my phone (having a shop install that for me) a few little other things that need attention (power window switch) Really looking forward to being here. Thanks for reading Herman
Have my new in dash 2 din blue tooth stereo in now sounds pretty good. Power window switch ordered from GM parts direct. Put some seafoam cleaner in my fuel tank. Thats all for now . Herman

Old 01-07-2018, 09:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello and welcome to the MCF...

Okay, why the Herman Munster name? Always watched "The Munsters" way back when. Remember an episode when Grandpa had a tricked out dragster that Herman drove in a race.

Anyway its all good, if that is your real name, your parents were probably hoping you would be Herman Munster 2 and make them a fortune...
Now get busy...

Since you have a aftermarket stereo now, you should learn the work arounds for resetting your "tire pressure" and "oil life" messages. There are links here in our Search" box.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:15 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Hello and welcome to the MCF...

Okay, why the Herman Munster name? Always watched "The Munsters" way back when. Remember an episode when Grandpa had a tricked out dragster that Herman drove in a race.

Anyway its all good, if that is your real name, your parents were probably hoping you would be Herman Munster 2 and make them a fortune...
Now get busy...

Since you have a aftermarket stereo now, you should learn the work arounds for resetting your "tire pressure" and "oil life" messages. There are links here in our Search" box.
That was a good movie Munster go Home . Ive been on and involved with forums since 2008 My forum name is Herman Munster I am an admin. on a tech. site. I like your self liked the character so I adopted it as my forum name. I do have the TV series and the movies. Yes I do know how to reset oil change and low tire indicators other than the stereo route. Now if that window switch would get here( Hermy would be pretty happy) Herman

Old 01-08-2018, 08:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome! Feel free to be a part of the members' blog, check it out and say hi > https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...e3/#post708466

Old 01-08-2018, 01:35 PM

Have my new in dash 2 din blue tooth stereo in now sounds pretty good. Power window switch ordered from GM parts direct. Put some seafoam cleaner in my fuel tank. Thats all for now . Herman
Bet that double din looks great.. Wifes been getting all excited about getting a 2 din pioneer android auto and all that. Gonna put a couple old 15" SPL comp subs with a 3000 watt amp.. Not too sure on speakers or amp for them yet.. Now im just rambling tho...

Anyhow, nice and welcome....

Old 01-08-2018, 05:21 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Stereo

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Bet that double din looks great.. Wifes been getting all excited about getting a 2 din pioneer android auto and all that. Gonna put a couple old 15" SPL comp subs with a 3000 watt amp.. Not too sure on speakers or amp for them yet.. Now im just rambling tho...

Anyhow, nice and welcome....
Ya that stereo looks great in there and works real nice, Blue tooth for the phone is also good. Herman

Old 01-08-2018, 10:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That was a good movie Munster go Home . Ive been on and involved with forums since 2008 My forum name is Herman Munster I am an admin. on a tech. site. I like your self liked the character so I adopted it as my forum name. I do have the TV series and the movies. Yes I do know how to reset oil change and low tire indicators other than the stereo route. Now if that window switch would get here( Hermy would be pretty happy) Herman
Super, nice to know you have been involved on the forums for so long. Bet you have been a big help to your members. What kind of tech site if you care to divulge that. Anyway thanks for joining up here, knowledge is a great thing to share.
You ever watch the movie "My Cousin Vinnie" where Fred Gwen played the judge? Take care Herman, do you perhaps pack a big lunch box for work everyday??

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 01-08-2018 at 10:30 PM.