New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Member saying Hello

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 01:47 PM
Default New Member saying Hello

Hey Guys
This is my first post on this forum so I'll give a brief introduction and a bit of my background history. About 10 years ago I bought a 2002 Monte Carlo LS for 2k with only 51k miles on it.
Today it has about 53K miles on it.

I've been doing some little upgrades on it and could use some help.

I have been working on cars pretty much all my life, went to school at UTI when I was 19. I got my first real job at Hightower Toyota before they sold to Bob Smith. Then I started working at Robertson Honda in North Hollywood. I love working on old classic cars and currently restoring a 1966 Ford Bronco. Which was my father's very first car he bought brand new and now I'm the second owner.

But anyway back to the 2002 Monte Carlo, I'm looking for the wiring harness for the steering wheel audio cruise controls. I have the switches already.

I apologize if this posted twice didn't think the first one went through

Old 06-30-2020, 03:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by mykeeX
Hey Guys
This is my first post on this forum so I'll give a brief introduction and a bit of my background history. About 10 years ago I bought a 2002 Monte Carlo LS for 2k with only 51k miles on it.
Today it has about 53K miles on it.

I've been doing some little upgrades on it and could use some help.

I have been working on cars pretty much all my life, went to school at UTI when I was 19. I got my first real job at Hightower Toyota before they sold to Bob Smith. Then I started working at Robertson Honda in North Hollywood. I love working on old classic cars and currently restoring a 1966 Ford Bronco. Which was my father's very first car he bought brand new and now I'm the second owner.

But anyway back to the 2002 Monte Carlo, I'm looking for the wiring harness for the steering wheel audio cruise controls. I have the switches already.

I apologize if this posted twice didn't think the first one went through
If yo can find a U pull it type salvage yard you maybe able to locate the items you need remove them yourself and install them real easy too.

Old 07-01-2020, 12:23 AM

Yep really easy. I got the airbag out already. I had read on some other posts that they were tucked away on the harness, but that's not true. maybe in a SS but not a LS. I have a feeling your right about going to a junk / salvage yard.

I should probably start a new post in the correct area...