New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Member prepping for my l32 swap

Old 09-17-2015, 01:46 AM
Default New Member prepping for my l32 swap

Hey Guys this is my first time on any type of forum and I figured it was time to join since I will be starting my own swap and not just researching as an outsider. As of now I have an l36 with a spun bearing and will be picking up a l32 this weekand. Still have lots to get in order with upgrading the transmission, finding fuel rails, throttle body, axles etc along with lots of questions once I learn to use the forum. Most searches I have done on completed series 2 to series 3 swaps resulted in posts with not many comments and info. Any help once I get going is appreciated. Thanks

Old 09-17-2015, 03:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your exciting purchase! I remember picking my ride up. Very exciting. Make sure to post some pics when your new Monte Carlo is home.

Let us know if you have any questions or need help navigating the forum.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:15 PM

Thanks man! I've had the monte for years. The L36 just recently bit the dust. After doing some research on putting in another l36 I got an eye opener on the huge performance aftermarket I never new these had. I will be going with the SC 3800 I'm just having a lack of confidence on whether the series 3 L32 is going to be alot of extra work for my first swap ever compared to the series 2 l67 that has been completed many times. I just keep thinking if I run into a road block I could probablly find help easier since the l32 is not so common. I'm supposed to go pick up and l32 saturday with less than 100k for an awseome deal. Hopefully I can maybe find a sticky on a completed swap for some reasurrence

Hey guys I'm actually having quite a bit of trouble trying to search the forum. I checked the fwd tech guides, general repair, and used the search bar for "L32 swap" "Series 2 to series 3 swap". It comes up with other members questions and some info but not in depth. Is there any completed guides on the swap? I did find the l67 swap guide into the late 90s I think 5th Gen Monte. Maybe Im in the wrong section? Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Monte02Shooter; 09-17-2015 at 09:56 PM. Reason: More to say after trying to search the forum and didn't no if I should start a new thread
Old 09-20-2015, 09:38 AM

Nice project and welcome to the forum! Have you considered trading your current ride for an already L67 powered Monte? Although I'm pretty confident you can do whatever you have in mind with your current monte, perhaps it's cheaper/easier to start with a L67 platform. God bless!

Search this Thread