New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New member, new Monte (long story)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Default RE: New member, new Monte (long story)

Hey, thanks for the welcome and i'm sorry to hear about the ditching... it sucks even when you can drive off! It is nice, though, to have such a heavy car on my side... my sister's geo metro would've folded like a fat man punched in the stomach!

I've got the intake covered...I put in the K&N FIPK the first week I had my Intimidator (same as MyIntimidator's K&N in the picture above) but am looking into further mods. Once I get some bank built back up I will be cruising around for ideas!

I saw your car when I was cruisin the forums before and that's sick, dude! I first took notice with the Stealth Intimidator badging... that caught my eye! I won't be able to do nearly as much with my car as you've done with yours, though! unfortunately I have to fund my education at one of this nation's finest private institutions, so funding comes oh so rarely. this summer I should be able to upgrade the exhaust to get the sound I am looking for and from there on I am open to suggestions...?

(SICK audio set up, btw... 22 speakers? wherever you're pullin' down these crazy JL deals, hook me up, bro!)

Old 02-17-2008, 10:58 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum. There have been alot of members on this site whose Montes have given their lives to save their owners/occupants (that and a little help from above). Glad to hear you're O.K. and going with another Monte - love the Intimidator!!
Cheers!

Old 02-18-2008, 06:35 AM

Hi `Tom, and Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family
Sorry about the accident, but I love your replacement.
I can tell by your posted words that you are a Monte Carlo Enthusiast.
Thanks for your posts + Super pic's.
We will be looking forward to your future posts, and update on your SS.
[:-]SuperSuper Look'in Intimidator SS [:-]
Wish you Safe/Happy/Fun/Fast miles in your SS
`Space

Old 02-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Welcome!

Old 02-18-2008, 07:40 AM

Welcome to the site, Tommy.

Sorry to hear about your last MC, but the important thing is you walked away. Glad you got another one, but after the accident you see how well Montes are made.

Very nice Intimidator.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

welcome to the site. that is some story you have. glad everything turned out ok. congrats on the new ride

Old 02-18-2008, 04:08 PM

Thanks, everyone, for the welcome and for the sympathy. I figure I should fill in a few more details in reply to some of your posts... I fell in love with the '00-'05 Montes as a senior in high schoolwhen I "24-hour" test drove a Monte on my college visit. (All the kudos I was getting were a nice perk!) Unfortunately, I was not able to secure the financing to take that LS home with me and I had to continue with my '93 Grand Prix LE (my first car, turquoise green [:'(]). Thanksgiving came about during my freshmen year and, low and behold, my Prix's tranny went out. I was in desperate need of a ride and so I got a '90 Buick LeSabre to get me through the rest of the school year. That summer I began the search for a dependable ride and stumbled across the '02 SS on a dealer's website and I figured I would look into it. A month later, she was parked in my garage at home! I took great care of my baby (to the extent that I never needed an interior detail a year and a half later because the interior stayed immaculate)! Unfortunately, the new Assurance tires I put on were not made for black ice and that's the story from above. It took me a month of walking to work in the cold/snow and taking cabs to dealerships to find, and secure, my Intimidator, but she's ALL MINE NOW! With only 30k miles, she's still young (less than 1/3 of what my old SS had {107k at her time of death, God rest her sensors!}) and I have a lot of plans for her, in honor of the recently departed...

I just wanted to finish my story and thank you all for taking the time to read through my lengthy posts. I love my Monte, I love these forums, and I LOVE seeing what you all have done with yours! MCF is GREAT and I look forward to many hours cruising the boards!
Thanks again!

__________________________________________________ ______
2004 Monte Carlo Intimidator SS
-K&N FIPK
-AUTOSTART Remote Start
-South Dakota window tint (25% doors, 20% behind)

Old 02-18-2008, 11:30 PM

Welcome to our forum! Sorry to hear the 02 had to bite the dust, but I'm sure you're loving that 04, I sure am!

Wishing you many happy/healthy miles in the new car, and I look forward to your participation in the forum!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:06 PM

welcome to the forum... glad to hear its one more younger kid who can defiantly "test" the montes name. Im right here with ya, but, my amazingly slow 3.4 doesnt quite do it like 3.8 will. where you from in SD? im about an hour from Sioux Falls and brookings!

Old 02-21-2008, 04:59 PM

i didn't choose to test my old Monte like that... but she definately stepped up to the occasion. I still miss her, but the Intimidator is an adequate replacement. In honor of the '02's sacrifice, I will definately be enhancing my '04 (I was about to mod my '02 when she gave her all for me... I still have most of the bank I had then and will have enough for an exhaust system upgrade when my tax returns come in) I will keep you all up-to-date on the Intimidator's progress!

Quick Reply: New member, new Monte (long story)