New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Member at the Monte Carlo Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 08:20 AM
Default New Member at the Monte Carlo Forum

Hi all Monte Carlo owners,

My name is Chris. I am new to the Forum and have a Red O2 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. I met the administrators of the Monte site at the past 2015 GM Nationals at Carlisle PA.

I took first place with my Monte SS at the 2015 GM Nationals show held in June. My first ever first place award for the car in the 02 to 07 stock catagory. I have pictures to post in upcoming posts here on the forum. Also I have to check out all the cool looking Monte Carlos here and get some ideas for detailing and keeping it looking show room new like I usually keep my car. I did also join the National Monte Carlo Owners Club of America located here in PA.

I am 53 and my car is a limited addition Chevy Monte Carlo SS with the high sport appearance package (ground effects like the Earnhardt Jr version and Senior version of the car). Silver on the bottom.

I am retired military. I like cars shows, NASCAR (Chevy Fan). I enjoy outdoor activities. Fish and hunt, exercise, weight lifting, cardio workouts. I also am a expert RC (Radio Control) aircraft pilot and fly locally here in PA and a member of AMA (Amature Model Aviation).

Great to be here,

Chris

Attached Thumbnails New Member at the Monte Carlo Forum-131_0438.jpg  

Last edited by 02MonteCarloSS1; 08-13-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:22 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum!!

Old 08-13-2015, 08:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome

Old 08-13-2015, 07:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Welcome to the Forum..

Old 08-17-2015, 04:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum! Nice to have you here. Your Monte looks really nice! Do you have any plans on it? Lots of very informed members on here with a wealth of information, so you've come to the right place! Enjoy your time here!

Old 08-17-2015, 07:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello Chris and Welcome to the MCF!

You pulled off a 1st Place win "Stock" at the GM Nat's, how awesome for you, Congrats for sure!

My 02 was exactly the same color combination when I bought it in 02, but things change if you keep it long enough...

Way to cool you were able to pull a retirement from the military, what branch did you do this with? Did you do any top secret missions you can let us in on? We all have a "Need to know"... LOL, JK, good job, Thanks for your service to our country!

Old 08-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Default Monte Carlo Forum New Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Hello Chris and Welcome to the MCF!

You pulled off a 1st Place win "Stock" at the GM Nat's, how awesome for you, Congrats for sure!

My 02 was exactly the same color combination when I bought it in 02, but things change if you keep it long enough...

Way to cool you were able to pull a retirement from the military, what branch did you do this with? Did you do any top secret missions you can let us in on? We all have a "Need to know"... LOL, JK, good job, Thanks for your service to our country!
Thanks for the replies. Hey Zippy I am trying to keep it fully stock. All I got so for was a K and N airfilter to increase the horsepower. It sure runs better and wont bog down. I even get tire squeal. No burnouts though since its front wheel drive. Don't want to add borla exhausts to the V6 plus the V6 just does not sound right. Borla is good for V8 engine on a Camaro or the 07 Monte Carlo made with the V8.

No Secrets here to tell. It was a lot of work to keep in the military for that amount of time and retire.
First place was great at Carlisle. I have won there at Carlisle. Never a first at the GM Nationals. 06, 07, 09 third place and some Second places there. Also a few wins at local cars shows. Seems like people like the stock look. Adding a few things just puts it in another category as the rules go. Every Monte owner has there own style which makes showing cars fun. I do get some ideas but as mentioned before I am keeping it original.

It was fun to get my car with the Pocono Pace car. All the other Monte Carlos left so I asked the racetrack reps for a photo and they said sure. I did park there before they left. My flag sort of fit in since it had Pocono Raceway on it.

I would like to get some silver rally stripes but some said it wont look original. Everyone says put a "8" on the car for Dale Jr. I wont do that. Earnhardt version is out there but I already placed better than the Jr version at a car show at Carlisle so I might keep it the way it is. Too much stuff sort of takes way from the look of the car at least in this area

I drive it a lot so I keep it looking in good shape. I took a break in showing it since 09 due to the military and no time to keep my car looking good. The aluminum rims got ruined from the bad weather so I go them redone with powder coating. That took some dollars but was worth it. I also detailed the engine compartment with some help from some auto touchup paint from the local automotive store.

Attached Thumbnails New Member at the Monte Carlo Forum-131_0410.jpg   New Member at the Monte Carlo Forum-131_0412.jpg  

Last edited by 02MonteCarloSS1; 08-18-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:59 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum. What part of PA are you from?

Old 08-18-2015, 09:23 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Welcome to the site - cool color combo

Old 08-19-2015, 11:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member