New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Default New Member

Hi everyone. I've been lurking the forums as a guest for some time now so I figured I would register and contribute whatever I have as well as find the answers to all my questions here. I drive a 2001 Monte SS (A friend told me it is supercharged, but I could have sworn I never saw one). When I got it I had a cylinder misfire problem, saw the posts here and elsewhere about replacing coil packs, I did that and cleaned the spark plugs. Still the same problem, and after some more troubleshooting I found I had a clogged Catalytic Converter (strange because I live in MA and that shouldn't have passed emissions test). Anyway, a heads up to anyone that might have that problem too because it also caused an exhaust leak. But with the exhaust leak gives me a more acceptable reason to delete the resonator and U-bend and put in new pipes and mufflers rather than adding a little horsepower and for the sound.

My first question is a few weeks ago I went to work, and when the day ended and I came back there was a nice hole in my rear bumper from somebody who hit it and left no information. Anyway, I've been looking at the Razzi ground effects package for awhile and like it. Does that package replace that bumper or does it just attach to the bottom of it?

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Default RE: New Member

[align=center]Hi Mike, & Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family Forum.[/align][align=center][:-][/align]
Did you discover that your Monte did not have
[align=center][/align]
a supercharger ? If it does, it has been added.
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
Installation of most the Monte Carlo Body Kits & Conversions are done by screws or special adhesive to the original bumpers. I think it will depend on where the hole is
[align=center][/align]
on your rear bumper, & if the kit willcover `it. Good Luck
[align=center][/align]
Look forward to your future posts.
[align=center][/align]
Good Luck with your Monte.
[align=center][/align]
Below are some kits for the Monte Carlo
[align=center][/align]

Below posted for you, and other member's interested
[align=center][/align][align=center]in kit's[/align][align=center][:-]

F-1 Complete Body Kit

Extreme Dimensions
Listing Price: $849.99
Selling Price: $799.99

Racer Body Kit

Extreme Dimensions
Listing Price: $899.99
Selling Price: $809.99

[:-]

Razzi Complete Ground Effects Package

Razzi
Listing Price: $1034.00
Selling Price: $795.00

[URL=http://www.yourhotcar.com/p

Old 04-02-2008, 12:59 PM

I need to get my hands on a camera, a picture would be the best way to show. The hole is the entire height of the bumper, but on the passenger side and about 6 inches or more long. It is kind of rough... But I think I'll be hitting up a local junkyard to find a bumper then saving up a little extra money for the ground effects kit. Thank you Space!

Old 04-02-2008, 01:08 PM

Welcome to the site.

I'm pretty sure that the kits just attach to the bottom, they might cover the very bottom edge, but with a hole that big it sounds like you'll be needing a new bumper. Are you going to be able to get insurance to cover it?

Old 04-02-2008, 01:13 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site!

Old 04-02-2008, 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

Welcome to the site.

I'm pretty sure that the kits just attach to the bottom, they might cover the very bottom edge, but with a hole that big it sounds like you'll be needing a new bumper. Are you going to be able to get insurance to cover it?
I'm not sure. The insurance I have is great so I will ask them (I previously owned a 2001 Grand AM GT and it got totaled, so I got the retail value of the car back, with that money I bought this car). Chances are I won't have any luck considering the damage has no proof of anyone doing it, though it definitely wasn't me. But I'll definitely check it out.

Thank you for welcoming me by the way!

Old 04-02-2008, 01:23 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Mike, the below has prices on rear bumper cover's[/align][align=center]for Monte Carlo. I hope it gives you some idea of cost.[/align][align=center]Good Luck, `Space[/align][align=center]

BUMPER COVER REAR (EXC SS W-SPORT PKG) *
A377
2000-2003
$217.38

BUMPER COVER REAR (LS)
2000-2005
$170.43[/align][align=center][:-]Click below for above source link [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.bestdealcarparts.com/cata...E%20CARLO/2001[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Here's another link below to check on used[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo Parts [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.automotix.net/partshotlin...-requests.html[/align]

Old 04-02-2008, 04:14 PM

howdy! welcome to mcf!

Old 04-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:30 PM

Those sites are looking good! One thing I didn't see is are those bumper covers prepainted or do I need to do it myself or bring it to a shop?

Quick Reply: New Member