New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Default New Member

Hello to everyone. New member from the Great White North (Canada). Currently own a 2004 SS, but have a 2007 SS on order, had a 2001 SS before the 04. As you can see, a big Monte Carlo fan. The new one is going to be a new color for 07, Black Amethyst with the silver ground effects. Also ordered the 5 spoke chrome wheels at the same time. Too bad the 5 spokers are classed as an accessory and the get you for another 2K but since I just left the stock wheels on from the factory, it won't cost me for the polished option which I otherwise would have bought. Oh well, whats another $1300 bucks, you got have your Monte looking good. Should look OK, I sure hope so because the more I look at the pics here, the stock polished wheels look good to me.

Very good group here, glad I found this board.
Thanks for letting me join
Revitupfaster

Old 11-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Default RE: New Member

Hi Bill, Welcome to the MCF.
Can't wait to see pictures of your Monte's.
Look forward to your post and input to the forum.
Safe/Happy miles to you.
Space

Old 11-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

hey welcome to the site

Old 11-24-2006, 11:14 AM

Hi Space - I see you are from Florida. Maybe I'll see you there, we spend February in Port Charlotte every year, and of course I will have the new machine with me. I noticed on the 06 & 07 models that there is no side door guard moulding. Have you ever thought of adding one? I want to add one ad am thinking about a small chrome strip. What do you think. I've never seen one with a chrome side moulding.

Old 11-24-2006, 11:34 AM

Hey Wiz Kidd, nice to see another Canuck. Nice car you have there, you're just down the road from me about 2 hrs away. What do you think about a chrome moulding. I'm from the old school, if it don't go "Chrome it" as a matter of fact, even if it does go, "Chrome it" anyway. I know today everyone seems to be going for the monochrome one colour stuff, but I thought since I am adding the chromed 5 spoke wheels, a narrow chrome side moulding shouldn't look out of place. What do you think??

Old 11-25-2006, 04:38 AM

welcome to the board, stay active.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:21 AM

The 07's are going to be sweet! I love my 04 SS.

Enjoy the board and welcome!

Old 11-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i had a lot of chrome on my truck, no chrome on the monte yet, i think the only thing i'm gonna do is chrome 20's on the car once i get get the $$$moola$$$ fotr it

i haven't really seen any chrome assesories for these cars yet

Old 11-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Default RE: wiz kidd 20" wheels

Don't know why you want to change to 20" wheels. Can't see how they would improve the appearance over the ones you have now. They look pretty good to me. I've seen somewhere on this board that some feel the 20 inchers sometimes cause excessive wear on other steering and handling components. I think your ride looks great the way it is.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Default RE: adding pictures

I tried to upload a picture of my 2004 Monte last night. I clicked the "Upload" tab in this message box, foud the picture I wanted in the "My Pictures" file on my computer and clicked OK. The upload box said it could take a while for slow internet connections, which is me, can only get dial-up in my area, but nevertheless, eventually the upload box went to the "Website not available" screen, and that was it. Couldn't send the picture.

Can someone walk me through how you do it. Also, is there anywhere that explains the usage of the control buttons on the message screen. I fooled around with them but don't really know how to use them. I assume the B,I,U, boxes mean bold,italic,and underline, but when you click on the button, it adds an indicator to your text but the text doesn't change. I don't know, maybe the text will change when posted.

Quick Reply: New Member