New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello from NorthEast Pa!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 08:56 PM
Default Hello from NorthEast Pa!!

Ok, second try here. Just wrote up a big thread and after I tried to attach a pic the whole thing disappeared!!
Anyway, the abridged version is this:
My name is Boz, I'm a 38 yr old Air Force Veteran living in Berwick, Pa. I own a nice '79 Monte (Landau) amongst a plethora of other fun stuff. I'm trying to upload a pic of my Monte to this thread, not sure if it will work or not. (Working from an iPhone at the moment). Anyone near me please feel free to get ahold of me. I have a wide variety of interests but old cars are my weakness. Boz

Old 05-18-2015, 09:15 PM

I guess it's just not going to allow me to post any pics. I go to manage attachments, choose file, I pick the pic and it shows up as a thumbnail, I click upload and it shows it as attached but as soon as I close that window I'm back to the empty reply box and that box for new members keeps popping up. Well, I can email or text a pic or two of the car if anyone wants to see it and/or upload it, I, apparently, cannot. Boz

Old 05-18-2015, 09:23 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Hi there and welcome to the forum!!
You will be able to post pics once you have been a member for 5 days and have had at least 10 posts.
Can't wait to see pics of your Monte!!

Old 05-18-2015, 09:29 PM

Supposed to be able to post pics in this section right away according to the forum rules. Idk. I tried putting one as an avatar. Not sure if it worked. Oh well..lol

Old 05-18-2015, 09:34 PM

Looks like I was able to start a gallery. Threw 3 pics in there.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:42 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Boz- Sharp looking Monte!!

Old 05-18-2015, 10:08 PM

Thanks!!! But I can't take any credit. That's how I got it. Traded a 4wd F250 with plow and dump insert for it up in NY (not far from Newburgh/Poughkeepsie)
'79 was the only year that color was available. This car is very very clean. Numbers matching v8 (267) with 80k. The only things not original are tint, rims, and exhaust. This is unmolested bone-stock right to the floor mats and radio. Almost got a twin (Malibu) for it last year but couldn't make a deal with the guy. Same year, color, miles, etc.. Oh well, I tried..
I've got other toys but this is one of my favorites.
I also have a '72 cutlass, a Kubota backhoe/loader that I threw together, an ultralight airplane, a Quadzilla, a couple rare musclebikes....
I like my toys...

Old 05-18-2015, 10:12 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Wow... low miles and in great shape!! You going to keep it as stock as possible?

Old 05-18-2015, 10:33 PM

Pretty much plan on keeping it the way it is. It's got that old school muscle look even though there's not much under the hood. I'm not one to chop up something nice. I really can't stand when people do that. I'm always weary of who I sell my stuff to (I get attached..lol)
The only thing I was thinking of doing was swapping out the idiot lights for guages (which they did come with) but I think I have to swap the whole cluster to do so. Not sure. Obviously, I'd keep all the original stuff so it could easily be re-installed. I've already got a whole extra set of extra chrome bumper trim that's in good shape. Haven't installed yet, want to detail car first before installing. They don't make this trim anymore and it's very difficult to find. Most, like mine, looks like crinkled up tin foil from the sun beating down on it. There's some aftermarket stuff out there that's not bad if you don't have any other options but I'd like to stick with the stock stuff. Currently, I'm trying to get another clock or have mine repaired. Also a difficult path to go down. Hard to find. Most don't work and the clock places want a lot if $ to fix em. Maybe somewhere down the road I might dress up the engine a little but not too worried about that. I don't beat on it at all, it's just a nice cruiser but there's something special about it. You just don't see them anymore, especially this color. The ones I do see are usually beat to death run down POS. Might swap out original speakers for good quality speakers but I think the real problem is the old radio. I know they make new ones that are made to look just like the originals.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

welcome!

Quick Reply: Hello from NorthEast Pa!!