New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New MCF member

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default New MCF member

Hello,

My name is Joe and I own a 2002 Silver Monte Carlo LS. Here is a picture of my baby:

It's kind of a blank slate at the moment, but I hope to earn some $$ and put some blood sweat and tears into making it awesome.

Well, more awesome

+joe

Old 11-16-2007, 08:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
Default RE: New MCF member

Welcome Joe from Orlando, to the Monte Carlo Forum. How long you owned this beauty?

Old 11-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Joe!

Welcome to the forum.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I bought this around August of 2005. So far I have ~55k miles on it. I just ordered a new in dash head unit to replace the cassette player from crutchfield. I'll post my adventures with installing it in the A/V topic as soon as it comes in.

+joe

Old 11-17-2007, 08:14 AM

Hi `Joe, and Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum.
Thanks for posting/sharing a pic of your Monte.
Have you had any problems with your Monte Carlo ?
How's your MPG?
Look forward to your future posts.
Wish you safe/happy/fun miles in your Monte Carlo.
How do you like living/driving in Orlando, Florida ?
I don't get up there that much, but the traffic is `crazy
Say `hi to Mickey : )

Old 11-17-2007, 01:33 PM

welcome Joe. nice MC. judging by the shine in your picture you take good care of your monte.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:16 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Welcome - beautiful ride!

Old 11-18-2007, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member

I try to take care of it . I love living in Orlando, even with the traffic. I'm a senior here at UCF. The only problem I have with the car is a possible oil leak somewhere. I don't see a spot underneath my car in the parking lot, but the oil levels go down a few hundred mi. before I'm due for an oil change. The MPG is great on the highway - about 30. It really amazed my buddies when we took a road trip down to the keys and I only had to stop for gas once .

Old 11-18-2007, 05:50 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: joemccall86

I try to take care of it . I love living in Orlando, even with the traffic. I'm a senior here at UCF. The only problem I have with the car is a possible oil leak somewhere. I don't see a spot underneath my car in the parking lot, but the oil levels go down a few hundred mi. before I'm due for an oil change. The MPG is great on the highway - about 30. It really amazed my buddies when we took a road trip down to the keys and I only had to stop for gas once .
[/align][align=center]Hi `Joe,[/align][align=center]I'm a student @[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Palm Bay Campus[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Business Admin, year 3 : )[/align][align=center]+[/align][align=center]Online courses with BCC.[/align][align=center]What's your `Major ?[/align][align=center]How's campus life in E. Orlando ?[/align][align=center]I read there has been a increase in crime : ( ?[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]Joe, how many miles are on your Monte Carlo ?[/align][align=center]How much oil are your consuming ?[/align][align=center]What engine do you have ?[/align][align=center]High miled engines will consume oil : ([/align][align=center]How's your service record on your Monte ?[/align][align=center]Has the PCV valve ever been changed. A sticking, badPCV may cause greater oil consumption.[/align][align=center]Piston Rings/Valve Seals/etc. wear : ([/align][align=center]What is your oil pressure @ idle ?[/align][align=center]Post some more `infor, and I'm sure that the MCF[/align][align=center]members will post their comments/suggestion.[/align][align=center]Good Luck, `Space[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 11-19-2007, 10:57 PM

Joe, welcome to our humble net-crawl!

Wishing you many happy miles/mods in your Monte Carlo!

You might want to be careful with that oil consumption as well, the oil, which burns dirty,can easily clog the Catalytic converter, and foul O2 sensors.

Quick Reply: New MCF member