New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New (lapsed) member...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Smile New (lapsed) member...

Hey everyone,
I wanted to take some time and introduce myself. My name is Bryan, I'm 28 and live in Charlotte, NC. Back when I lived in Pennsylvania until 2005 and I still had my precious Monte Carlo SS I frequented all of the forums around, but most of them now have new interfaces and I had to create a new account. Anyway, I am currently looking to get my hands on a 2004 Intimidator SS as a replacement of my '01 SS that was destroyed in an accident on a very wet highway in 2005. That car was the first and only car that I have ever truly had an emotional attachment to. I hope to be able to convince my fiance that I need this car as a replacement, she does not understand the meaning that I have and wants something more "practical" than a 2 door Super Sport. I do not want a 4 door sedan.

Anyway, I hope to post many pictures of my '01 SS and get to know the regulars. Unfortunately, I dont have any pictures that were taken after I had installed the Intimidator concept bumper cover by Dealership Designs... you all know the one I am talking about and I hope to get that on my "new" Monte Carlo when I get it.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:24 PM

First off welcome to the Forum man, second I feel your pain man. My girfriend is getting a 2005 Ford Tarus from her parents with 100k on it as a graduation from college gift. She wants to trade it off. I suggested a Monte Carlo SS hell I even said I'd pay for all and every repair for the first year of owning it if it was a dud...but she said she is thinking long term and wants a four door for kids and blah blah she likes 4 doors more. Honestly I was 16 when my little half brother was born, I gave hom rides everywhere in my 2 door sunfire and had no problem getting him in and out of the back seat carefully, I think its just a mind thing honestly but you can't convince a woman.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member

Im telling you there is no winning sometimes, I know that if I get her this yippy little rat dog she wants that she will concede and allow me to get a Monte Carlo... but those things can live 13+ years. I dont know if I miss my SS bad enough. Her other big argument was the car seat / kids thing... well in my opinion that is a poor argument because we also have a new Rav 4 and will lease another 4 door cross over or small SUV before we have any of these future offspring.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome, yes, we all know the bumper. I had the rear Intimidator spoiler on my 02. Someone here just posted a nice Intim for sale. Check off topic craigslist in the last two days.
Edit: here is link.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/cs...829654663.html

Last edited by 77gp; 02-02-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bittner58
Im telling you there is no winning sometimes, I know that if I get her this yippy little rat dog she wants that she will concede and allow me to get a Monte Carlo... but those things can live 13+ years. I dont know if I miss my SS bad enough. Her other big argument was the car seat / kids thing... well in my opinion that is a poor argument because we also have a new Rav 4 and will lease another 4 door cross over or small SUV before we have any of these future offspring.
I also veiw the what if we have children/long run argument invalid. I mean the Taurus runs perfectly fine and its four door well keep it then. She said no to that and my truck is a 4 door perfectly fine for kids. Her argument for that was well we wont be always driving the truck everywhere with kids...sometiomes you just can't win. I settled the argument by telling her if it must be a four door its gunna be a newer grand prix gt or an Impala. And if ya can't agree to that then get whatever you want and we will just take out a loan and get an SS Monte that'll equal 4 cars total-My truck, my supercharged ss and her four door plus another monte. but its a better argrement than arguing that a 2 door is just fine. Also her other lame argument is she feels safer it a four door

Old 02-02-2012, 07:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Welcome!

Old 02-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Welcome to the site!

Old 02-02-2012, 08:37 PM

I have to put in my two cents here. I've got an 81 Monte and had the car seats in there. Two at that time. Those dam car seats seem to reproduce cause now we have three. Anyway the car seats in a coupe are a pain in the ***. We got a Town & Country minivan and it makes life easier. On the Taurus I think that is a good woman's car. What do you get if you put a CL in front of that Taurus? Yes I know I'm very bad.
Welcome to the MCF. In case you hadn't noticed we have lots of fun here.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

welcome

Old 02-02-2012, 08:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Gregg
SSHHHHAAAAAAMMMMMMME on you. LOL