New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Here.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Default New Here.

Hey, my name is Mike, 20 years old and I'm from eastern PA. I own a 2002 Monte Carlo SS that I've had since I was 18. When I first got it it was just a plain jane but I put the time and money into it to look really awesome. Now that the exterior is done, I've been looking for a forum to kind of help guide me on what to do it performance wise this summer.

Anyway, here it is. Thing's I've added to the ecterior are the wheels/tires, new rear spoiler, and the silver ground effects. I also have some other small details that make the car mine. I used to have the windows tinted, btu I got busted since it's illegal here, haha.

http://a540.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/72/l_35f6c39d49672765af474d95afcb118b.jpg

http://a195.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/88/l_c9f8653213d00ffc8be83f2a33e13e4a.jpg

http://a866.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...5643ac4a51.jpg

http://a238.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...93fc79d21d.jpg

http://a705.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...1858be5678.jpg

I still want to re-tint the windows, replace my signature on the c-pilliar with a new one, and add the red stripe about silver. I just don't know if I should get the stripe painted on or if theres a decal I can get from the dealer or what.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: New Here.

Welcome, beautiful Monte you have there.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:42 PM

welcome to MCF and you have 1 good looking monte there bud keep up the good work

Old 01-19-2008, 03:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice Monte you got Mike from PA I especially like the red bowties on the front fenders. Very unique. Are the white letter tires painted, or are they real white letter tires? If so, what are they? Know what you mean about the tints, illegal in MI, also.
Mods depend on how much $,$$$ ya got, but start with a good cold air intake and the u-bend delete. Anything goes after that. For some real kick, put in a turbo kit, or a supercharger, but IMO, owning both, the turbo is the ONLY way to go for serious hp.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome Mike!

Very Nice Job you did on your car. I imagine it must get mistaken for a Dale Senior Edition like our member DustyBird's '02 Intimidator. I imagine a lot of people do double takes when they see #8 on the side, instead of #3.

If I were you, I'd try to save up and get a set of Dale Jr. edition wheels from ebay. The '04 Dale Jr. wheels would look great on your car. (check the wheels in my sig.) They even have the red bowtie in the center, which would match your red bowties on the fenders.

Your car:

dustybird3's Dale Senior Intimidator Edition:

Old 01-19-2008, 11:52 AM

It looks good I really like the tires What are they I am looking for a set of white letter tires when its time for new ones that is....oh Welcome to the site this is a great place to be for all kinds of tech questions or just some plain ol wacky conversation

Old 01-19-2008, 12:52 PM

RocknSS04/MyIntimidator, the tires are just a set of NASCAR Goodyears, yaknow the yellow ones but I was able to get them in white. When I was shopping for tires, I stressed to my dad that I wanted some white-raised letters on my tires to really give it a little bit of an old-school look. I really though it would look badass, and it does. I wanted a set of BF Goodrich's, but they didn't make those type of tires with white-raised letters for my car, so I settled on the NASCAR tire. It's a pretty good tire for what it is, and it beats the hell out of the RS's (I think that's what they are) that came with the car. They only cost me around $500 for all 4 tires.

And thanks Rockn for the comment on the bowties on the fenders. I saw a black Camaro around my area with bowties in the same area and thought they would look good on my Monte. Thier actual 3D bubble decals and I got them at Advance Auto Parts for $7. They come in a pack of two. I also have the same kind of bowtie on my trunk to match. Their a little smaller than the factory emblem that originally comes on the trunk, butI prefer the decals.

Taz, when I got the car I had (what I call) the fan-blade looking wheels and I wanted the 5-spoke wheels that I have now. I thought about getting the Dale Jr/Stewart wheels but at the time they were just too much. The wheels I got on there now were a little over $500 for all 4, and even though it's hard to see, they also have the little red bowtie on the center cap. I know it looks similar to the Intimidator SS, and that's the look I was going for being a Dale Earnhardt fan and not being able to get my hands on the actual car, so I just bought all the parts and made my own. Was a bit pricey but it's still not done though, but what car EVER is? I think between the wheels/tires, ground effects, and the spoiler, I must've spent $5,000 including labor. The spoiler and my ground effects hit my the most because they came un-painted, plus the work that had to be doen on my trunk.

This is what my car actually looked like when I forst got it. The only thing different is my Monte Carlo emblems on the sides and trunk matches the body paint like most of the stock Monte's.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articl...ecarlo_ss1.jpg

Old 01-19-2008, 12:59 PM

welcome and u have an awesome car! and for hp i would suggest a turbo as well for serious horsepower but start with the cai and the u bend delete and go from there

Old 01-19-2008, 01:22 PM

Hi `Mike, and Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family.
You have a SuperSuper Look'in Monte Carlo SS.
Thanks for your post introduction about you and your Monte.
Explore the MCF and use the search engine that contains a lot of infor.
If, you don't find, just ask.
Look forward to your future posts, and we hope you put your pic's
into the MCF Gallery.
Wish you safe/fun/fast miles in your SS.
`Space

Old 01-19-2008, 01:31 PM

Hello and welcome! Thats one great looking Monte you've got there. Looks like you could be a contender for Monte of the Month!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Here.