New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New here, 73 Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Default New here, 73 Monte Carlo

Old 01-12-2008, 09:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: New here, 73 Monte Carlo

Welcome Tom from Canada to the Monte Carlo Forum. NICE Monte you got there! Are the red seat inserts factory? What's under the hood? You need to upload these to our gallery. How long have you had it?
Please use our search engine for quick answers to your questions. It works well. Feel free to jump into discussions or ask any ???'s you might have.
Typically, we're a friendly group here, and call this the "***** free zone", but things kinda got outa hand lately, I hope it calms down.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

Welcome Tom from Canada to the Monte Carlo Forum. NICE Monte you got there! Are the red seat inserts factory? What's under the hood? You need to upload these to our gallery. How long have you had it?
Please use our search engine for quick answers to your questions. It works well. Feel free to jump into discussions or ask any ???'s you might have.
Typically, we're a friendly group here, and call this the "***** free zone", but things kinda got outa hand lately, I hope it calms down.
thanks! it came stock with a 454, the original owner took it out and put it in his tow truck, so now i'm just running a 350, last time it was dyno'd at 298hp. the swivel seats are stock, however the red/white vinyl isn't. and i've had her for about 6 or 7 months now. Parked for the winter.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:14 AM

Welcome Tom, to the MCF
Thanks for your post with pictures of your Monte Carlo.
Looks like your Monte Carlo is in super/super shape.
What size are the tires and rims ?
I really like swivel seats, they are wild. Do you have any problems
with them ? Do you use the swivel feature ?
Have you ever timed your Monte in the 1/4 mile ?
Look forward to your future posts.
Wish you many fun/safe miles in your Monte.
`Space

Old 01-19-2008, 08:11 AM

hey welcome nice monte you got there love that interior is that custom or stock ?
what part of canada are you from ?

Old 01-19-2008, 08:51 AM

Welcom to MCF hope you enjoy your stay here there are alot of great ppl here

Old 01-19-2008, 01:17 PM

welcome to MCF and wow, amazing car!

Old 01-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Tom!
Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum.

I like your 73. My uncle had a black 73 with the swivel seats. When I was a kid, I had never seen that before, and thought it was the coolest thing on earth. Too bad about the 454, but the 350 is nothing to be ashamed of either. Lots of stuff available for the 350's. You're only limited by your imagination, and your wallet unfortunately.

Hope I'm not giving away too much, but it appears your from Saskatchewan. Lots of Canadians here, myself included.

Glad to see ya here.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:16 AM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Welcome Tom, to the MCF[/align][align=center]Thanks for your post with pictures of your Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]Looks like your Monte Carlo is in super/super shape.[/align][align=center]What size are the tires and rims ?[/align][align=center]I really like swivel seats, they are wild. Do you have any problems[/align][align=center]with them ? Do you use the swivel feature ?[/align][align=center]Have you ever timed your Monte in the 1/4 mile ?[/align][align=center]Look forward to your future posts.[/align][align=center]Wish you many fun/safe miles in your Monte.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align]

16" rims. charger rims, actually. Was thinking of selling them this summer and putting 100 spokes on them, but I'm undecided.

Never a problem with the swivel seats, and I'll use them to show them off if I'm parked in a parking lot, or drying it after I wash the car. And I'm looking forward to seeing the dragstrip this summer for my quarter mile.

hey welcome nice monte you got there love that interior is that custom or stock ?
what part of canada are you from ?

you bet it's custom. saskatchewan is what i call home, for now.

Quick Reply: New here, 73 Monte Carlo