New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New here 04monteSS s/c

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Default New here 04monteSS s/c

Hey my names Joe, I'm in the military and im stationed out at nellis AFB, NV. I just got back from Iraq and bought an 04 monte SS s/c. So far I've put 20" boss rims on it. I have an HID kit, new headlights and tail lights. I'm looking for an exhaust by mid-may if anyone wants to help me out. I'm also open to any criticism so hit me up!
http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=car4ey1.jpg

Old 04-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Default RE: New here 04monteSS s/c

I love how the side skirts and front/rear lips are black. I hate that silver skirt stuff that some guys have. Looks real good. Now get some go to compliment that show!

Old 04-26-2008, 09:05 PM

well the best thign i tell ya to do is package it all up and send it to TX. so that i can drive it for you for a while to make sure everythign is ok for you. I would hate to see one of our militray members stranded on the side of the road with a monte carlo that would not run correctly.

other then that i would sujest getting a broila pipe set and the down pipe from either ZZP or a broila version.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Nice clean monte. I love it. The all black looks sick. Plus its supercharged so it wont be too hard to get that extra GO Bill is talking about.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

looks very good, looks good all black, but i do like the silver body kit too, but yes looks good all black, when i had my tony stewart edition it was all black with a black kit on it, and it had orange striping, and i always wished the kit was painted orange to match

Old 04-26-2008, 09:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

NICE! Welcome from a fellow '04 S/C owner. AND, THANKS for serving over in Iraq! We got a buddy here named Keegan (ExplosiveSoundz) that just got back fro overseas earlier this year. He ALSO has an '04 Intimidator SS. We both have lots of mods, but he's probably got the most performance mods of anyone here with an L67.
I had a 6th gen Monte SS pass me on the highway today. (I had a truck full of stuff). It was black with the silver bottom, and I DO NOT like it!
I like your wheels and tinted windows. We can't tint front door windows (legally) here in Michigan. I've spent $,$$$ at ZZPerformance on parts.
Don't just buy stuff, tho, check out old threads or ask ????????'s before buying. Some mods, like the resonator delete just adds irritating cabin noise, with no performance gains, and unless you want a louder exhaust, the stock exhaust is good to over 400 BHP. You will lose torque with Pacesetter headers unless you have MAJOR mods. And many more.
Start with the basics: 180 'stat, colder plugs, a good CAI, 3" downpipe & p'log. Then add the 3.4" pulley and a better ECM. JUST MONITOR THE SPARK KNOCK!

Old 04-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to our little slice of the internet Joe.
Hello from another 04 s/c SS owner. First of all, thank you for serving your country. There are a fair number of military people here. Including a couple moderators (mickey and socalss).

So you're the one who owns the car pictured at the top of every screen (very top - where it says Monte Carlo Forum). Someone asked recently who's car that was, now we know. LOL.
Just kiddin with ya. It's actually a pic taken from the 2004 Monte Carlo dealership brochures.

Nice wheels! They look like a perfect fit on your car.

There's a number of threads discussing exhaust upgrades that you may want to take a look at. Including one by member cowboy6622 (Duane) in the General Monte Carlo Talk section, at the top of the list. Can't think of the title right now. Something about "read this first" or something like that.

When including pics in your post, it may be helpful to select "Embed picture in post" next to where it says Upload files. This will give a thumbnail pic in your post that people can click on to expand.