New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New guy w/ '06 MC SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009
Default New guy w/ '06 MC SS

Well I've been trolling this forum for about two weeks now and finally decided to join. The main reason for joining is because I just bought a 2006 Monte Carlo SS. I live in Highland, IN and drove up to Villa Park, IL to look at her, which is about an hour away. She's beautiful. I traded in a 2004 Dodge Stratus R/T coupe with 63K miles. The Monte Carlo has 16K miles and drives like a dream. It is such a comfortable ride, especially compared to the Stratus(< Cardomain Link). I've already been getting some looks, but I use to in the Stratus as well. I do have some plans for the Monte and I'll list them below. I want to say that I'm thankful I found this forum (I figured I'd find at least one dedicated to the Monte Carlo since it has a pretty large following). Just by reading past posts I thinkI will be very satisfied with my new car and I'm already aware of some of the issues that could arrise. I believe my car has already had the remote system TSB fixed since it has good range and there was a service record on the CarFax that appeared it could have been the TSB fix.

Well, again, thank you and I look forward to becoming an active member to this forum. I am a member on 2gStratus.org and have been since I bought the Stratus. I love that community and I hope this one is just like it.

I look forward to some better weather in the Mid-West so I can actually get some better pictures after she receives a nice wash/wax.As far as plans:
1) Bowtie door sills
2) Magnaflow Cat-back
3) K&N Intake
4) 3rd Brake light decal
5) Remove GM emblems
6) Black out SS and bowties
7) Window tint
8) SS embroidered headrests
9) GM Accessory Pedals
10) GM Accessory Vent Visors
11) LED Tail Lights (Considering red to keep the stock look)
12) Nokya 5000K headlight and foglight bulbs
Anything I'm leaving off??

What do you think?

Old 01-18-2009, 08:39 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: New guy w/ '06 MC SS

Im liking the car and the list. Where you from in the midwest?

Old 01-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Photobucket

Thank you. I live in Highland, IN. It's in Northwest Indiana, about 5-10 minutes from the IL border.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member

NO FREAKING WAY!!!!

This exact car was my number 2, if I didn"t buy mine I would have bought this one.

I just bought my Red 06 SS from Haggerty Chevrolet last week.

I had "Bill G" from Haggerty Pontiac calling me every day to see if I was going to buy [yours]. I had to call him the other day and tell him I bought a different one.

We are now officially 06SS "Cousins"!

Heres mine:

Old 01-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

nice looking monte. if i were you i skip the nokya 5k bulbs. those are high heat bulbs. i think those bulbs are rated like 75+ watts you end up burning the light housing and wire harness. plus they are not that bright specially driving through rain and snow. imo get HID and separate harness. oh and take off that ugly front plate holder too.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

SWEET ride! LUV the color, too. Kinda partial, I guess, but Cully, my 1st Monte, a '95 was red, #'s 2 and 3 are the black, tho.
Welcome to the MCF family. Glad to have more midwesterners here. Maybe you can make it to one of the Chicagoland meets this summer. I'll be at one of them for sure.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:02 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Welcome to the site! Very beautiful Monte you have there! You guys are killing me! I am sooo jealous of you guys. I am dying to purchase my 2nd Monte Carlo as my everyday driver but I have to sell my Mini Cooper S first, which is very slow going. Have my eye on an 04 Intimidator from Wickstrom Ford in Barrington.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: New guy w/ '

beautiful... definitely the best color for these cars

not that i'm biased or anything...

Old 01-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Default RE: New guy w/ '

Congratulations on your New Black Monte Carlo. There's nothin' like a black monte. The body lines and the black color are made for each other. But I like silver too! Have fun!

Old 01-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Photobucket
Default RE:

Cully77,
Thank you. I seen you red one on a few websites as well. It's a beautiful car. May I ask, why didn't you go with mine?

silverbullitt,
Thanks for the tip. Any suggestion for different bulbs? I would go with SilverStar Ultras but they don't make them in H11. I really don't care for how HID's look without a projector and I don't like the projector headlights on ebay that much. Thanks again for the welcome.

RocknSS04,
Thank you. I'd love to go to a Monte meet this summer, just tell me when and where.

AwsomeSS,
Thank you. Why are you trying to get rid of your Mini S? Those are pretty neat lil cars. Good look with the sale and finding your 04!

chibiblacksheep & krystalmethod,
I definitely agree. Thanks for the welcome guys.

Quick Reply: New guy w/ '06 MC SS