New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New guy from NY

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Default New guy from NY

Hello from freezing upstate NY. Found this forum while searching for any mods. available for my '07 SS and thought I would join.I have been a Chevrolet dealer technician for 32 years. After driving one of the first '07's we got I decided I had to get one for myself. Got a fully optioned black/w silver stripes '07 SS. I'm planning on installing a K&N cold air intake and a Magnaflow cat back system to begin with. Maybe more stuff later. This forum seems like a great place with alot of great members!! The SS is in the garage covered up right now due to winter. That kinda sucks but there is no way its going to be driven during NY winters! I will post some better pics in the future when my SS comes out of hibernation.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3684/5C0A489A235C49EE8B230E07DCE1C444.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Default RE: New guy from NY

[align=center]Hi `Steve, Member:BowTieTech,[/align][align=center]Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's sure great to read that you have 32 years at[/align][align=center]being a tech. We will look forward to your updated[/align][align=center]pic's & future posts.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You are one of the lucky few to get the last 07 Monte Carlo's SS.[/align][align=center]It's just freak'in beautiful[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's a `beauty [/align][align=center]Your SS is a welcomed addition to the MCF[/align][align=center]I like the Mod's you have chosen. It's going to make you[/align][align=center]love your Monte SS V-8 all the more.[/align][align=center]Are you going to tint your window's ?[/align][align=center]What's your daily driver ? I know it must be difficult[/align][align=center]to have such a awesome car in hibernation : ( [X(][/align][align=center]I hope the weather improves soon for you.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Wish you safe/happy/fun/fast miles in your new SS.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 02-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome bowtietech!

You've got a great lookin car. And a great performing car.
I like the rally stripes. We have a few members here that are in the process of getting similar rally stripes on their Monte's.

There are a few mods available for your '07, but not as many as previous generations. This is due to how rare your '07 SS is. Which I suppose can be a good thing at times.
Some of our top posters here have what we call 7th generation Monte's. The members here had a discussion and vote (before I joined) to decide whether to call the 2006 & 2007 Monte Carlo's "7th generation". So you'll see members referring to your '07 as a 7th gen Monte.

We're always glad to have you here. Your opinions and input are always welcome. You may find yourself being asked a lot of questions too. Hope you enjoy being part of the "Monte Carlo Family" as member SpaceRider likes to call us.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:29 PM

7th Generation sounds good......I like it!! My daily drivers shared between my wife and me are a 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer, 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette van (never thought I would own a minivan) and a 1996 Olds Cutlass Ciera. Plenty of vehicles considering its just the two of us,no kids. The windows of the SS have been tinted since that pic was taken,looks awesome!! I had a Bowtie logo incorporated into the rear window tint,looks great.

Steve.....aka bowtietech

Old 02-04-2008, 11:46 PM

If you're anywhere near Buffalo, I know what you mean about NY winters! They get some nasty storms up there! I live downstate myself, and so far we haven't had it too bad this winter (keeping my fingers crossed). Unfortunately, since my Monte is my daily driver,I can't put it away for the winter.Great looking SS you've got.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:20 AM

Steve!

Welcome aboard!

Beautiful SS you have there! Good to hear you're looking at the cat-back and the Intake. They're definitely worthy mods. One note on the cat-back. The system reduces backpressure enough that the tuning of the motor is modified, You're really going to notice it switching back/forth from DOD 4 cyl mode back to 8 CYL mode. If it doesn't bother you then great, otherwise you might look into a tuner that can disable the DOD. I heard another SS owner complain about that with the Magnaflow system, they actually say they never noticed the switch before putting it in, and that they think it actually cause the car to switch more often, which made it that much more frustrating.

I could see where the loss of torque because of a more freely-flowing exhaust could do this, make the DOD switch more often, but it's not proof by any means.

But yes, congrats on the new car! Hope you have many happy/healthy miles in your new Chevrolet V8!

Old 02-05-2008, 12:35 AM

That's a GREAT lookin' Monte! The stripes and color scheme is to die for. Those wheels look pretty good; too. Makes my "Plain vanilla" Biege Monte scream for a stripe or second tone.
With 32 Years on the line I bet you seen it all and call the SnapOn Guy by his nickname ... huh? I have a total of about 90 Days experience working on Monte Carlo. It took me 3 days to do Wires and Plugs on a 70,000 mile LS. I've been sprawled over the engine and crammed-in under the dash. Today I was living under the front bumper looking for the pigtails that power the Fog Lights that arrived today in a box.
You should be one of the most looked-for Posters, now. I'll bet you have the correct answer for all these guy's problems without even having to think too hard about it.
I don't know what you consider Upstate New York, but for me it's Saratoga Springs ... where I was born and raised.

Are you going to do a lot of modifying ... or, are you happy with it just the way it came?
Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum.
You are going to get a real kick out of reading about what some of these guy do to gain power and performance.
I know I sure do!
Makes me want to learn how to do it all!

Right after I pull-off a string of Jewelery Store robberies for the $$$$ you need for all the parts and add-on's!!! : )

Old 02-05-2008, 05:03 AM

I'm in Rochester,NY about 1 mile from the south shore of Lake Ontario. Very nice area in the summer,not so nice in the winter!

Old 02-05-2008, 05:17 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: bowtietech

7th Generation sounds good......I like it!! My daily drivers shared between my wife and me are a 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer, 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette van (never thought I would own a minivan) and a 1996 Olds Cutlass Ciera. Plenty of vehicles considering its just the two of us,no kids. The windows of the SS have been tinted since that pic was taken,looks awesome!! I had a Bowtie logo incorporated into the rear window tint,looks great.

Steve.....aka bowtietech
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Steve, Thanks for your post. I noticed all of your[/align][align=center]vehicles are GM. It's great that you don't have to[/align][align=center]drive your Monte SS in bad weather.[/align][align=center]What wax are you using on her ? I assume you will do all[/align][align=center]the service requirements : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I would love to see more pictures of your Monte, especially I would like to see a future posted picture of the way you added the Bowtie logo in your tint.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Steve, look forward to your future posts.[/align][align=center]EnJoy your V-8SS.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 02-05-2008, 08:38 AM

nice car! i really like the stripes! hope u enjoy ur stay at MCF!

Quick Reply: New guy from NY