New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Guy Named Rob

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 01:12 PM
Default New Guy Named Rob

As you can probably tell from the title I'm brand new to the forum. My name is Rob and I'm a relatively young 36 years old .I live in Georgia and have a wife, five kids, two dogs, and two cats. I also happen to have two jobs and work nearly every day.

I own an '87 SS Aero Coupe that is bone stock and is in excellent condition that I bought from an older gentleman several years ago. As an aside, he also had a '72 Nova SS with 10k miles he bought as a young man. Sadly he wouldn't let it go. I have gotten to the point where I am seriously considering doing some work on this car and I'm here to talk shop and wish I had the money to do the things that are proposed lol.

I like to listen to music, cruise in my monte, and coach young wrestlers. That's about it. Got questions? I got answers!!

Rob

Old 11-16-2018, 04:49 AM

Welcome to the forums Rob

Old 11-16-2018, 09:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome... pics please! What color? I love the 87 Aeros. Almost bought one a couple months ago but things didn't work out - it was burgundy and a totally original 4,100 mile car - even the tires were the original ones. I'll own one one day, in addition to my 06.

Food for thought... if that thing is bone stock (original) and in that good of condition I'd be reluctant to do anything to it that would affect it's originality. Replacing parts with new stock parts is fine because stuff wears out but, at this point, totally original cars 30+ years old in excellent condition are hard to come by. Values on these are going up, especially those in original, unmolested condition.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-16-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
Welcome to the forums Rob
Hey thanks I appreciate it!

Old 11-16-2018, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Welcome... pics please! What color? I love the 87 Aeros. Almost bought one a couple months ago but things didn't work out - it was burgundy and a totally original 4,100 mile car - even the tires were the original ones. I'll own one one day, in addition to my 06.

Food for thought... if that thing is bone stock (original) and in that good of condition I'd be reluctant to do anything to it that would affect it's originality. Replacing parts with new stock parts is fine because stuff wears out but, at this point, totally original cars 30+ years old in excellent condition are hard to come by. Values on these are going up, especially those in original, unmolested condition.
Yeah, I hope you get one! They are beyond awesome. As far as the stock condition, don't get me wrong, I love it. But the juice is anemic at best and I do wish I had more grunt. So I don't quite know what I'm going to do just yet. I may just keep it the way it is, but I'm not terribly worried about the value in the future as I have zero plans of ever selling it. That being said - you just never know. Here are a few pics!

Old 11-16-2018, 11:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the Monte Carlo forum. I love the Aero Coupe as well. Great photo's too. Good use of the Star filter!!

Old 11-16-2018, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member

Wow, very nice! That looks exactly like the one I almost got. I love the burgundy on those. How many miles on it?

Old 11-16-2018, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Welcome to the Monte Carlo forum. I love the Aero Coupe as well. Great photo's too. Good use of the Star filter!!
Lol thanks

Old 11-16-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Wow, very nice! That looks exactly like the one I almost got. I love the burgundy on those. How many miles on it?
Right now it has about 125k. Might be needing a refresh soon

Old 11-18-2018, 08:11 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Concussive
Right now it has about 125k. Might be needing a refresh soon
Wow, I wasn't expecting a number that high. Looks like it was taken very good care of. The body and paint looks great for that mileage.

Quick Reply: New Guy Named Rob