New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 09:46 PM
Default New guy

Hey Everyone, I'm new to the forum, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is nick and I currently own an 04 SS that's black and in great condition. This is my second monte since my first car was an 01 ls. Love the 6th gens and really looking forward to get some input. It's currently my daily driver but I can't stop thinking about putting 400 +hp under the hood and coverting it to rwd. And maybe a turbo on it if a supercharger won't fit.idk maybe even side skirt exhaust.. I know it would take a lot but they really screwed up not making a rwd model. I was thinking it would be pretty simple to buy a z28 Camaro and take the drive train out with the front and reared as well. Don't know how close it would fit but I know fab would be done to fit the trains and drive shaft. If anyone has a ball park price please let me know.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello and Welcome to the forum... Cool your a second time Monte owner.

I bet if a person did all the work themselves it may be done for 10k and a couple hundred hours fab time. If a shop did it I would expect somewhere about 25k. There is a whole lot more to it then the drive train.

This is how one of our members is doing his rear wheel drive conversion, he had a 6th gen Monte Carlo rwd frame custom made to fit the 6th gen body on.