New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New to the Forums

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 09:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Hi Derek. Very nice car. Love that color. Here a few thing you can do that doesn't cost a cent. get a hair dryer and aim it at the Monte carlo name tag on the trunk. Then with a piece of string. See saw it back and forth till it comes off. Then just get a rag and clean up the glue on the paint. Then polish it & then wax it. On mine I got rid of all the stuff except the SS emblems. LOOKs nice & neat. Took the Bowtie off the trunk & the grill also. Same way. Clean under the hood with some soap & water. No hose.! If it needs it. By the looks of the car it's already clean. I'm sure if you read enough on here. You'll see there's a lot you can do for not a lot of $$$. Have fun with it. And be careful.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!

Old 08-27-2011, 08:47 AM

Welcome to the forum

Old 08-27-2011, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by DCWZen
Thanks for the welcome.

Anybody mind sharing a nice modification I could do to it? (Keep in mind 18 years old with minimum wage job). So something simple :P

Hi Derek, and Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family
How many miles on your Monte ? What does it need ?
There are several Mod's you can do to your Monte to make it perform & run better , but I suggest first is to make sure that you check everything & that it is working & in good shape: likes tires, brakes, shocks, tune up, belts, cooling system, battery, plugs, wires, etc...
You Monte can last a long time if you maintain it & don't abuse it.....

Explore the MCF & you will learn a lot about the Monte Carlo....Us our search engine for subjects of interest & if you can't find (?), just make a post & ask...

Wish you super safe/fun trouble`free miles...
Enjoy your Monte & Good Luck

Old 08-27-2011, 10:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Start saving up for a proper cold air intake. Great first mod!

Old 08-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Derek.

Welcome to the forum, and to driving. Hopes and prayers for your dad. Congratulations on your graduation. The 2000 Monte SS is a very nice first car. For many people, their first car is a little 4 cylinder beater. The Monte Carlo is the Chevy cousin of the Grand Prix, so you're in the same family.

Just like the Grand Prix, your Monte has the 3.8 litre engine. So most performance mods you may have had in mind for a Grand Prix will work on your Monte. I'm not saying you have to do any. But if you plan on modifying your car, try to come up with an overall plan of what you'd like to do. Then do them as extra funds come available.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks guys,

@KidSpaceThe car only has 100,000(and some odd number) miles on it. I figured that is really good (for a first cart anyway). For being 11 years old now (hard to believe its been that long) It is in really really good shape. Even the interior is near perfect, No stains on the carpet and everything is in good shape. Only stains throughout the whole car (obvious ones that I saw anyway) are a couple in the trunk. Not a big deal figuring, well I shouldn't be giving people rides in the trunk anyway. We got it from a dealer who worked on numerous things under the hood before selling it, as well as repainting the rear bumper cover. From the times I drove it as well as my mom/dad it seemed fine, Only thing is that the brake and gas pedals are really touchy (I personally like this, not sure why. You get used to it, but its kind of fun for me :P )

@Chibi Sounds like a great idea, Was one of the things I was interested in

@Taz The prayers are greatly appreciated, As for the modifications my general plan was to possibly do some cheap appearance changes (All those LED light setups people have look really cool, as well ad a personal effect to the car). Then maybe make some minor changes under the hood

Last edited by DCWZen; 08-27-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:05 PM

Congrats man! Welcome to MCF

Old 08-29-2011, 10:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Heyy! Welcome to the forum! Post pics of your new baby =)

Old 09-01-2011, 04:49 AM

Welcome to the family buddy

Quick Reply: New to the Forums