New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

new car and new to forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Default RE: new car and new to forum

RockSS04: Actually there's a really easy way to black out the taillights, that won't ruin it's safety. Sure if you just get a standard cover, it will reduce the transmission of light, but they actually make a product that is designed to only slightly reduce transmission of light, yet black out the taillight. Go to http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...0-0bece99c5a5d

It's called Nite Shades, and sold in a rattle can. A bit expensive being a spray-on, but works very well. If you want a better deal than buying it online, lemme know, I can get a discount and charge you actual price (plus tax tho) instead of marked up shipping. I used this on my 1995 Beretta which hadalready smoked plastictaillightswith big ugly reflectors. It was a 100% improvement, and didn't reduce their brightness at night at all. During the day the regular running light was just slightly dimmer, but once you turned on the turn signals or the brake light it was just fine. I wish I had a picture for you. I would have done it in my 2003, but I never got around to tinting the windows,so I decided against it. It gives a non-reflective finish to the lights, (read: flat black). And being Spray-on,it's easily removed if you don't like it. Doesn't wash off in the rain or anything tho. Just don't forget to do the 3rd spoiler light, I didnt at first and failed to realize it untill I was washing the car one day and realized it looked funny w/o the spoiler light done.

Really good effect without breaking the bank for LED lights.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the tip on the Nite Shades paint, will do further research on it.
As far as stereo, check the audio section here. I have done a lot of posting there, along with others. My factory radio is remote mounted in the trunk but it isn't necessary, if you don't want. Tire pressure and oil life can be reset without the radio, and if you don't use Onstar, you don't need that module, only the steering wheel control module is needed. Not sure of the cost, but not expensive.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Old 03-05-2007, 02:40 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

MidnightSS - Welcome and nice ride.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep

Check your manual if you have it. you can reset your oil using the gas pedel I believe pressing it 3 time. and tire monitor you can reset using the headlight switch. But all the other settings like lights on after exit and horn cherps you will not beable to change once the stock unit is out. there are ways around that. one is to install the stock head unit to the trunk so you can still change the settings. other people have installed a HU connector under the seat so if you need to change the settings you just reconnect the stock HU and can change them that way.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:17 PM

thanks. wait till I finally start doin noticable things to it LOL

Old 03-07-2007, 11:12 PM

so you guys know I am tryin to black out my car. I was wondering if any of you have either seen a black car with charcoal racing stripes or have done it your self and if it looked good. Pics would help me out on my decision too thanks.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:19 PM

I finally got my aftermarket cd player and subs in my car. sounds great. does anyone know where I can find lowering springs. the only ones I can find are the eibech 1.3" didnt know if that was the only ones they make.